Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

DiabloSport Intune- NO FINGER PRINT on PCM

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/12, 08:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation DiabloSport Intune- NO FINGER PRINT on PCM

If I'm following this correctly this device might just be the holy grail for some owners worried about Ford finding out about tunes on yuor car. Any one have any ideas on this claim?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...rt-intune.html
Old 8/20/12, 09:15 AM
GT Member

As far as I know and have read, it's true. That why I went with the inTune over the others.
Old 8/20/12, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm def interested in this. 200.00 for JPC tune is a lot though.
Old 8/20/12, 09:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Ed, if you buy from C&L, they give you one free custom tune to go with your inTune purchase. Just answer the questions 1-8 at checkout. I also ordered their CAI with the no tune insert. If I have go to the dealer I can slide the insert and reload the stock tune and shouldnt have any cel light, in theory anyways..but I plan on doing headers and a boss intake eventually so this not detectable talk is not as important to me at that point. Reliability Ive had with diablosport in my truck is mostly why Im going with them again.
http://cnlperformance.com/oscommerce...08c9eaff96926f

Last edited by autobred; 8/20/12 at 09:39 AM.
Old 8/20/12, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by autobred
Ed, if you buy from C&L, they give you one free custom tune to go with your inTune purchase. Just answer the questions 1-8 at checkout. I also ordered their CAI with the no tune insert. If I have go to the dealer I can slide the insert and reload the stock tune and shouldnt have any cel light, in theory anyways..but I plan on doing headers and a boss intake eventually so this not detectable talk is not as important to me at that point. Reliability Ive had with diablosport in my truck is mostly why Im going with them again.
http://cnlperformance.com/oscommerce...08c9eaff96926f
That's a good deal. I guess I could always get an email tune from another vendor down the road.
Old 8/20/12, 10:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Been following as well. Sounds awesome. Always liked Diablosport. If the big tuners like STEEDA (ehhhemm) start using it, I'm ALL over it.
Old 8/20/12, 10:38 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sounds like snake oil.
Old 8/20/12, 10:49 AM

The only way Ford knows if an engine is tuned is if the PCM has been reset. This means simply disconecting the battery would reset the PCM. Ford cannot tel if an engine has been tuned directly.

And im not sure how Diablo can change the parameters of the computer without resetting the PCM.
Old 8/20/12, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Burns331
The only way Ford knows if an engine is tuned is if the PCM has been reset. This means simply disconecting the battery would reset the PCM. Ford cannot tel if an engine has been tuned directly.

And im not sure how Diablo can change the parameters of the computer without resetting the PCM.
Not so as per the posters in the other thread OP linked to.
Old 8/20/12, 11:41 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Now this one has my attention!

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...isplay&pid=201

We have hundreds of dealers with our software. JPC uses it to tune some of the fastest 5.0s in the country. AM has it. Doug (formerly Bama) from C&L is offering tunes. Tony G at Tuners inc has CMR, there are hundreds of qualified tuners using our software

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/20/12 at 11:43 AM.
Old 8/20/12, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Burns331
Ford can tell if it's been tuned.
Old 8/20/12, 06:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Same here, caught my eye and I droppe the $$ on it I like it.
Old 8/21/12, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Didnt want to start another thread, sorry. I got the 93 performance tune loaded straightforward with the prompts just like my predator..
I have the 13' C&L intake but its not installed yet. Just a few things Id like to add, and feel free to correct me Cory. From a glance the canned tunes that is preloaded..no particular order
91 performance tune
93 performance tune
JLT induction tune 93
JLT induction tune 91
Air Raid kit 91 tune
CAI 91 tune (click.. its labeled C&L)
CAI 93 tune (click.. its labeled C&L)
100 MM generic tune ( I believe the Steeda will fall into this..101 MM maf housing the last time I checked)
I have some questions..just glancing thru the parameters.. Im mostly interested in revs/limits
Question:
its labeled as
rev 1 (+ or - in between 3000-8000)
rev 2 (+ or - in between 3000-8000)
rev 3 " "
rev 4 " "
How do I treat that with a manual transmission..is that the first -fourth gears? Im assuming yes..duhh LOL, just want to verify
And whats the default setting rev limit for the GT in the preloaded tunes?
Sorry if these questions has been answered, thanks.
Last of all, if anyone decides to go with Diablosport I highly recommend to plug in the inTune once you get it to update to the latest software. If your'e not comfortable with it call diablosport, wait your 15 minutes and they will do it for you via remote by using... logmein123.com kick back and enjoy the tutorial/conversation while your'e sipping on a cold one ask me how I know

Last edited by autobred; 8/21/12 at 02:50 PM.
Old 8/21/12, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by autobred
I have some questions..just glancing thru the parameters.. Im mostly interested in revs/limits
Question:
its labeled as
rev 1 (+ or - in between 3000-8000)
rev 2 (+ or - in between 3000-8000)
rev 3 " "
rev 4 " "
How do I treat that with a manual transmission..is that the first -fourth gears? Im assuming yes..duhh LOL, just want to verify
And whats the default setting rev limit for the GT in the preloaded tunes?
Sorry if these questions has been answered, thanks.

The limiters on the user options work like this. Each of the rev limit 1 through 6 are for each gear, the factory has a limiter that has to be changed for every one.

Also, there are two that you need to change in the user options to match, those are " RPM to Enable Fuel Limiter in Neutral" and " RPM to Enable Gear Stage 3 Fuel limiter" Now these may be abbreviated but also need to be adjusted if you change the others to a higher setting.

Don't forget to try that custom tune I sent you!! This is one major difference with the Intune for all to know, you cannot load a custom tune into the device until you have connected it into your car and downloaded the Original Backup, or ORI file as Diablo calls it. Once you have this file in your Intune then you can download it to your PC and email it to your custom tuner, hopefully me .

Just let me know if anyone has any questions about this or any other diablosport or sct products.

Thanks!! Doug

Last edited by Doug@C&L; 8/21/12 at 03:34 PM.
Old 8/21/12, 03:51 PM
GT Member

Yea call mike at Diablo or Doug if you have any?'s. Great guys that'll walk you through anything and everything.
Old 8/21/12, 06:21 PM
Bullitt Member

thanks Doug, appreciate the info! Will do on your 93 custom boss race/torque tunes.. I just need to score on a boss manifold
Had a chance to drive on the 93 performance tune some more, yup it wakes up just like the predator did for my Ram R/T..very responsive and idle is nice and smooth. Cant wait to install the C&L intake/tune, hopefully by tomorrow.
Old 8/21/12, 07:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For what it's worth, the guy from diablosport, don't remember his name, posted over on AFM that he has never had anyone get rejected for warranty work after returning the tune to stock from a diablo tune.
Old 8/21/12, 07:19 PM
Cobra Member

I have asked this same questions on a couple forums and not received a response... Is this new tuner compatible with tunes originally written for a Predator tuner?
Old 8/22/12, 01:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
For what it's worth, the guy from diablosport, don't remember his name, posted over on AFM that he has never had anyone get rejected for warranty work after returning the tune to stock from a diablo tune.
Steeda, who uses the SCT claims the same thing. I wonder if there has been a poll to find out how many have ever been denied warranty work because of a tune. If not, there should be one.
Old 8/22/12, 12:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TommyV
Steeda, who uses the SCT claims the same thing. I wonder if there has been a poll to find out how many have ever been denied warranty work because of a tune. If not, there should be one.
The only thing I've heard Steeda claim regarding tunes and warranty work is that NO ONE has had any problems with their tunes. Meaning no #8 or severe engine problems.

Whenever you reset the PCM you will get a P1000 code no matter what you use. (not sure how long that stays on there for) but as stated it also shows p1000 when U disconnect your battery. Which I do every winter in storage and when I leave the state for a few days every month!!

Quick Reply: DiabloSport Intune- NO FINGER PRINT on PCM