5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Datalogging!

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/11, 12:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Datalogging!

If anyone is running a datalog revised tune I would like to know if u found any difference in normal aftermarket tune and datalog revised tune as far as power difference. Thanks
Old 12/29/11, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We get hundreds of customers a month who want to datalog their tunes and just check to see that everything looks good. Whether or not they even know what they're looking at, they still want to send us the data to analyze and adjust anything we possibly can.

Out of these cases, I'm going to say maybe 3-4 of them at best we actually find places that we can adjust for better performance. Most of them are tweaking shifting to the driving habits of that particular user, or throttle sensitivity for their commute, etc. It's more about making sure the car is doing what we're telling it, while tailoring it to anything that you can want tweaked.

There are times when datalogs uncover problems (octane issues, vacuum leaks, etc.) - but for the average person like you, who seems to be enjoying their tunes, but thinking about seeing what's left on the table - it's not going to be much. Your tuner can verify commanded air/fuel ratio is being achieved, verify your car isn't pulling timing based on temperatures or knock, make sure that fuel trims and other various sensor feedback is within range. Only if they find a problem in the car or the calibration should they be able to make a big difference (with a good quality mail-order tune that would rival any dyno tune).

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, let me know! If you're a Bama customer, I can hook you up with one of the guys at Bama and they'll go over everything with you!

Chris
Old 12/29/11, 12:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Chris, you mentioned octane issues, are there any concerns with winter blend gas? Have there been any revisions to the tunes since last summer? Also, once you discover an update(if any), will your customers be notified?
Old 12/29/11, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
Chris, you mentioned octane issues, are there any concerns with winter blend gas? Have there been any revisions to the tunes since last summer? Also, once you discover an update(if any), will your customers be notified?
Winter gas sucks, but it's something that needs to be considered all year long. In general, if a customer brings you good quality gas, you have to assume there's going to be a time when they'll fill up with something of lesser quality, knowingly or unknowingly. That being said - even a stock 5.0L Mustang is going to show some signs of knock on winter blend gas quality.

We always contact (I say always, but we've only had it happen once, to less than 100 customers) our customers when there's something that we find that has a significant impact on the performance or safety of their Mustang. We wouldn't let our customers have to come to us for this, ever.

If it's a significant power gain, but you're running a safe and powerful Bama tune, we periodically email updates to those members. If the last 2011+ tune that you have from us is from the Summer, you're in good shape. If you ever want to check, hit me up with an order number, and I'll pull up your files!

Hope this helps!

Chris
Old 12/29/11, 02:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose

Winter gas sucks, but it's something that needs to be considered all year long. In general, if a customer brings you good quality gas, you have to assume there's going to be a time when they'll fill up with something of lesser quality, knowingly or unknowingly. That being said - even a stock 5.0L Mustang is going to show some signs of knock on winter blend gas quality.

We always contact (I say always, but we've only had it happen once, to less than 100 customers) our customers when there's something that we find that has a significant impact on the performance or safety of their Mustang. We wouldn't let our customers have to come to us for this, ever.

If it's a significant power gain, but you're running a safe and powerful Bama tune, we periodically email updates to those members. If the last 2011+ tune that you have from us is from the Summer, you're in good shape. If you ever want to check, hit me up with an order number, and I'll pull up your files!

Hope this helps!

Chris
Good to know. I'll pm you later today. Thanks
Old 12/29/11, 11:09 PM
Bullitt Member

We get hundreds of customers a month who want to datalog their tunes and just check to see that everything looks good. Whether or not they even know what they're looking at, they still want to send us the data to analyze and adjust anything we possibly can.

Out of these cases, I'm going to say maybe 3-4 of them at best we actually find places that we can adjust for better performance. Most of them are tweaking shifting to the driving habits of that particular user, or throttle sensitivity for their commute, etc. It's more about making sure the car is doing what we're telling it, while tailoring it to anything that you can want tweaked.

There are times when datalogs uncover problems (octane issues, vacuum leaks, etc.) - but for the average person like you, who seems to be enjoying their tunes, but thinking about seeing what's left on the table - it's not going to be much. Your tuner can verify commanded air/fuel ratio is being achieved, verify your car isn't pulling timing based on temperatures or knock, make sure that fuel trims and other various sensor feedback is within range. Only if they find a problem in the car or the calibration should they be able to make a big difference (with a good quality mail-order tune that would rival any dyno tune).

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, let me know! If you're a Bama customer, I can hook you up with one of the guys at Bama and they'll go over everything with you!

Chris
Thanks Chris! Gus at steeda is revising my tune as I deal with stage 3 and they use Gus for tuning. I was told that a CDT was a whole different animal as far as comparing to a canned tune. I plan on going to Stang hi in baton rouge as everyone in this area speaks very highly of his tuning work(Cody). Any extra info u can help me with would be appreciated! Thanks Chris!
Old 12/30/11, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bmeline916
Thanks Chris! Gus at steeda is revising my tune as I deal with stage 3 and they use Gus for tuning. I was told that a CDT was a whole different animal as far as comparing to a canned tune. I plan on going to Stang hi in baton rouge as everyone in this area speaks very highly of his tuning work(Cody). Any extra info u can help me with would be appreciated! Thanks Chris!
Stang-Hi, every time that I've heard their name, has been really positive. A good mail-order tune should be the same as a good dyno tune, especially after some datalogging and revisions. That being said, I'm sure Stang-Hi will be able to throw it on their dyno and get great numbers out of it, though!

Hit us up if there's anything we can do to be of assistance! With or without your business, we're Mustang guys and love helping out!
Old 12/30/11, 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Stang-Hi, every time that I've heard their name, has been really positive. A good mail-order tune should be the same as a good dyno tune, especially after some datalogging and revisions. That being said, I'm sure Stang-Hi will be able to throw it on their dyno and get great numbers out of it, though!

Hit us up if there's anything we can do to be of assistance! With or without your business, we're Mustang guys and love helping out!
Thanks a bunch man very much appreciated!
Old 1/3/12, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Hope this helps!

Chris
Sent you a PM