Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Couple of questions!

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/10, 04:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of questions!

Ok, I've looked and looked but I can't find anything. I am planning on getting an exhaust sometime soon. Is a cat-back worth the money over an axle-back exhaust? From talking to American Muscle they so no because the hp you gain is very minimal. I definitely trust their advise, but I want some input from the resident experts here.

Also, another question I have is dealing with tunes. I've narrowed it down to Steeda CAI/Tune or Steeda CAI/Bama Tune. Which is better or more reliable for daily drive-ability and longevity of my motor?
Old 12/12/10, 05:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are right unless you are going to get an OR X or H pipe you will see minimal gains with just a cat back or axle back.

You will get several different answers to your CAI/Tune question as many will have an opinion of what they are running. I would go for a JLT or Airaid intake with either a VMP or Brenspeed tune. Just my .02. But out of the 2 you asked about Steeda and Bama.
Old 12/12/10, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

You asked............just my opinion.

I did Steeda CAI and tune. The car now has 2000 miles on it, and it just keeps getting faster. Customer service is great. From the pics I've seen, the Steeda CAI looks like the most quality piece out there.

I also got Ford GT 500 axle-backs. Cheap, easy install, perfect sound, no drone.

Didn't do a dyno pull, don't care to. Whatever the numbers are doesn't matter, I like the way it runs, a chart won't make that any better.

I did run it down the track a couple of times, but only because I worked at a race track. I shouldn't have, because it wasn't broken in yet, I had the P zeros at 39 pounds, and it just wheel-hopped through 1st and 2nd, I missed third, hit the rev limiter in 2 or 3 gears, etc. I didn't even pick up the time slips.
Old 12/12/10, 06:18 PM
Banned

half the bolt on's u really wont feel anything. the sound of an exhaust makes if feel faster. just buy what u can afford and sounds good. i think roush is the best deal right now.
Old 12/13/10, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

my bolt on steeda intake/ evo tune made me feel something.......
Old 12/13/10, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1badmax
Ok, I've looked and looked but I can't find anything. I am planning on getting an exhaust sometime soon. Is a cat-back worth the money over an axle-back exhaust? From talking to American Muscle they so no because the hp you gain is very minimal. I definitely trust their advise, but I want some input from the resident experts here.

Also, another question I have is dealing with tunes. I've narrowed it down to Steeda CAI/Tune or Steeda CAI/Bama Tune. Which is better or more reliable for daily drive-ability and longevity of my motor?
Axle-backs on the 2011 will be just fine. The restriction is really in the factory H-pipe and the reduction of size, as well as in some of the components that are "flattened" by Ford for clearance.

As for tuning, you should definitely take a look into our tunes. Reliability and longevity is going to be the same, and we've got some of the best bolt-on results in the country. Our Automatic GT is one of the fastest for its' modifications. As well, we've got hundreds of people all over the country with 2011's running our calibrations with great results. We've gotten back 100's of dyno sheets showing the precision of our mail-order files and also there are many threads on these types of forums such as TMS, AFM and MustangForums showing independent gains submitted by our customers.

Let me know if you have absolutely any other questions or concerns. You can always call and speak directly to a Bama custom tuning agent at 888.226.9764 Monday-Friday 9AM-5:30PM EST.
Old 12/14/10, 09:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Axle-backs on the 2011 will be just fine. The restriction is really in the factory H-pipe and the reduction of size, as well as in some of the components that are "flattened" by Ford for clearance.

As for tuning, you should definitely take a look into our tunes. Reliability and longevity is going to be the same, and we've got some of the best bolt-on results in the country. Our Automatic GT is one of the fastest for its' modifications. As well, we've got hundreds of people all over the country with 2011's running our calibrations with great results. We've gotten back 100's of dyno sheets showing the precision of our mail-order files and also there are many threads on these types of forums such as TMS, AFM and MustangForums showing independent gains submitted by our customers.

Let me know if you have absolutely any other questions or concerns. You can always call and speak directly to a Bama custom tuning agent at 888.226.9764 Monday-Friday 9AM-5:30PM EST.
I'll be calling tomorrow. I tried calling tonight, but the guy I talked to was part time and knew very little about the tunes. Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 12/15/10, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds good!