5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Contemplating Exhaust change

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/13, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dunno. They were on the car when I bought it... but I thought there was only one.
Old 4/22/13, 12:36 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Gt500s are decent... Deeper than stock. But if you're like me or most folks, you will end up wanting "more" after a few hundred miles.
I picked up a used pypes 3in X pipe and some used (less than 300 miles) Magnaflow universal mufflers (p/n12219) that were welded up for a 2013. I got them installed on Thursday along with a resonator delete and am impressed but not blown away.
I'm the third owner of the car and the factory setup was mangled and had bird hit welds all over it, so a change was mandatory. This setup was affordable minus the fab work to fix leaks etc...

This setup is DEEP, smooth and really quiet fortunately/unfortunately (depending on how you look at it). Is as quiet or more so in 6th than the stock setup, has no bubble maker sounds, just a smooth low tone. It is starting to get raspy over 4k, but I can barely tell over the engine.

I work 2nd shift and get home around 3am so I'm cool with it there. My neighbors don't know the difference. And this weekend was the first time my daughter rode in the back for a long drive and she never complained so win again... But after being at Fabulous Fords today, man I want something ballsy-er...