5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

C&L Performance is now offering custom tuning for 2011-13 Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/12, 06:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cory, did you get it loaded up? I dont have my intune yet but currently using Predator in my truck. 15 minutes to back up your stock tune seems excessive. I can swap out current tune installed to a new chosen tune loaded, adjusting parameters if so wish and driving away within 10 minutes or so not that Ive timed it. Did you plug it up to your computor first and get the auto updates, prior toplugging to your car? From what Ive read the11+ mustangs were supported as of July 6. Your packaging has a date on it, if its not at least dated the middle of july Id bet its not updated.

Last edited by autobred; 8/16/12 at 06:32 PM.
Old 8/16/12, 06:46 PM
GT Member

I'm going to see if there are any updates as soon as I can. I've waited 5-10 minutes before with other handhelds but this one is throwing me for a loop.
Old 8/16/12, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Since youve plugged it into the car, it knows what to update it to once you plug it into your home computor. That's the scenario JPC told me to do if I bought an inTune from their shelf.

Last edited by autobred; 8/16/12 at 07:15 PM.
Old 8/18/12, 12:13 PM
GT Member

There is a July date on the box, I downloaded the newest update, but none of my computers at home have been able to do anything with the inTune, they say it's unavailable when I click on the icon. I've tried running it as an administrator, and copying the shortcut and putting it on my desktop and still nothing.

Last edited by JosephCook78; 8/18/12 at 12:15 PM.
Old 8/20/12, 12:01 PM
GT Member

Ok we finally got it working. The custom tunes were locking it up. I was able to go in and delete them after we figure out what the problem was. I'm loading the canned 93 tune on the car right now. I lost the custom tunes but that should be easy enough to get going again now that it's working.

Last edited by JosephCook78; 8/20/12 at 12:03 PM.
Old 8/20/12, 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool, I need to call C&L and get an update on my order. This car hits the rev limiter entirely way too easy. Just from quick glances with a 3.73 rear.. 1st is good to 40mph, 2nd to 60mph, 3rd to 90mph. 2nd gear seems short for street rolls
edit: finally had a chance to install the C&L intake/canned 93 CAI tune. Very happy with it. On the cold start I let it kick down on its own and I blip it to 2000rpms and never a stumble or missed beat, oem manners. Now it really wakes up on a 3rd gear pull between 4000-5000 rpms. Im expecting Dougs custom tune to be even better :-) I still need to remedy this short 2nd gear, need some time to play with inTune rev parameters.
Attached Thumbnails C&L Performance is now offering custom tuning for 2011-13 Mustangs-c-l2.jpg  

Last edited by autobred; 8/23/12 at 12:42 PM.
Old 9/3/12, 01:48 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doug, I'm interested in getting a few tunes from you, but I don't see a Torque Tune for 87 octane on the website. Is this intentional (i.e. 87oct isn't suitable for the tune parameters) and it's not an option? I was hoping to do 87torq/93torq/93race, but if not I guess I can go with a 87perf or 91torq for the first one instead. My Livewire/X3 tunes on my F150 used to allow adjustment of timing and shift points/pressure but so far on the canned tunes for the 5.0 I haven't seen that - does your tunes allow for those to be tweaked by the user? If so, would it be possible to run a 91torq tune and adjust the timing to allow use of 87 octane instead? I only ask as I run 87 around town and would like the torque tune for that, but use 93+ octane when at the track. Either way, it sounds like I'll be happy with the results regardless, and hopefully I can get the order placed this week. Thanks!
Old 9/3/12, 06:50 PM
GT Member

I'm impressed with the 91 torque tune. It works out good for daily driving. I haven't touched it since it was loaded, but I'd like to raise shift points/firmness if that's even an option to do myself.
Old 9/10/12, 09:42 AM
GT Member

I think I'm calling today to place an order for 87perf/93torq/93race. Went out last weekend with several buddies who have GTO's and G8's (they rode with me, no street action) and they were impressed in the performance of my car stock, with four big guys and a full tank of gas, and now we're planning on hitting the drag strip this coming weekend. Want to get a tune installed and vetted before going to the track and having something goof on me (I hate hearing all the SCT horror stories lately...).

On that note, I've been using SCT for several years now and have had zero problems with it, but I did notice that loading the canned tunes it took forever to load on this car and that it seemed to install twice versus what tuning my F150 did. If I decided to change over to "the dark side" and go with a diablosport tuner, will I need completely new tune files or are they compatible? If not...Doug, would C&L (or any vendor offering multiple platforms) convert the tunes over to the new device brand/style for a small or no charge, or would it mean going with new tunes completely?

I'm hoping right now that it's been a bug with the previous firmware from SCT as they recently updated it (8/24/12) but I'm also debating not updating the firmware yet in case that version was what caused all of the loading errors. Any suggestions? Stay with current firmware (and chance the tune isn't made to the latest one?) or upload the latest firmware updates and plan on tuning at the house before driving an hour over to the track?
Old 9/10/12, 11:53 AM
GT Member

So I just tried to update my tuner firmware and the device is not being recognized by the Device Updater program. I searched on here and found all the issues with the new update (1.2.142) and how people were having issues updating to it or it took forever to load or it still left their vehicle dead after going to stock, so I think I'll leave the firmware alone. However, with it being the way it is, can I even upload a custom tune to the device if it's not recognizing it? Or if I purchase new tunes, will it be a problem if Doug is working for revision 1.2.142 and I'm still on 1.2.129? Frustrating...

Any chance you offer a trade-in program for SCT -> Diablosport tuners, Doug? Or anyone want to buy this one off of me? LOL
Old 9/10/12, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

edit:
Im still messing with the diablosport canned tunes. Bought mine about 3 weeks ago and when I was bone stock, swapped octane tunes several times at gas stations with zero failures. Few weeks ago I installed the C&L CAI and swapped CAI tunes with zero failures. Just installed the Boss manifold and STILL running the canned 93 CAI tune with zero failures and its pulling like a friggin freight train Yup, I'm very happy with the diablosport inTune purchase
Attached Thumbnails C&L Performance is now offering custom tuning for 2011-13 Mustangs-dark4.jpg   C&L Performance is now offering custom tuning for 2011-13 Mustangs-dark5.jpg  

Last edited by autobred; 9/10/12 at 03:25 PM.
Old 9/10/12, 12:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by NTXRockr
So I just tried to update my tuner firmware and the device is not being recognized by the Device Updater program. I searched on here and found all the issues with the new update (1.2.142) and how people were having issues updating to it or it took forever to load or it still left their vehicle dead after going to stock, so I think I'll leave the firmware alone. However, with it being the way it is, can I even upload a custom tune to the device if it's not recognizing it? Or if I purchase new tunes, will it be a problem if Doug is working for revision 1.2.142 and I'm still on 1.2.129? Frustrating...

Any chance you offer a trade-in program for SCT -> Diablosport tuners, Doug? Or anyone want to buy this one off of me? LOL
Have you called SCT and have them look at it? They will remote to your pc and help you.
Old 9/10/12, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

edit:

Last edited by autobred; 9/10/12 at 12:49 PM.
Old 9/10/12, 12:40 PM
GT Member

I have SCT at the moment, but this is my second XCal3 and the glitchiest of the two, even my Livewire was not this bad. With all the issues that have come up lately the past year or so I'm debating switching over to Diablosport, but like many others like the convenience of having tons of vendors to choose from that tune with SCT and not Diablosport, etc.

I'll have to call them tomorrow as I'm about to drive a few hours so no need to break what's not broken right now. I'm just frustrated that it's acting up now of all times - when I'm finally thinking of changing something (had tunes on my truck for years and swapped no problem with it). I totally cleared out all the program files, drivers, and such from the computer and downloaded clean, and it actually installed slightly different this time and included a new driver set, BUT...now it's giving a different error but similar enough to the previous one. Guess it'll have to wait, but not too long as I don't want to have to race this weekend stock tuned and leave all the new mod potential at home...
Old 9/10/12, 12:47 PM
Bullitt Member

sorry Bobby, I thought you had an inTune locking up. I edited my responses before Doug puts me on his Sh*t list LOL
dude! Diablosport... just the last month it has supported all my mods, no call backs, complaints etc.. its all in the box. You dont see too many Diablosport threads, there's a legitimate reason for that
GL man

Last edited by autobred; 9/10/12 at 01:15 PM.
Old 9/13/12, 03:56 PM
GT Member

At last!!! With the help of Dean from SCT Tech Support, I finally got it resolved (mostly). After reading almost every post and thread on multiple forums about this issue and then the troubleshooting articles on SCT's FAQ page, apparently the issue is with Windows Vista not liking the drivers and/or device. We spent 20 minutes reinstalling drivers (after I spent three days doing the very same thing) before switching to a netbook I was about to sell at this weekend's garage sale. Luckily for us it uses Windows 7, so it worked flawlessly and is uploading the new firmware revision as we speak. I guess it won't be getting sold after all HAHA...

So now I'm going to try and call C&L asap and get an order placed this afternoon or tomorrow morning, with hopes that I can have it ready to go by track time tomorrow night. Worst case, I'll have to run the car on a stock tune and possibly have to wait another 3-4 months like this last time to get another track day to test out the tunes...or pay two nights of tech cards, drive 3 hours both days, and pay double gas to run it both Friday and Saturday - it'd be worth it!

EDIT: I guess they're closed for the day, as no answer even though it's 4:45pm (guess I can't argue with taking off 15 minutes early lol?). So now let's hope Doug can work some magic during the day and help me out just in time!
Old 9/13/12, 09:38 PM
GT Member

Just placed my order online!!! I also inquired about doing the shift pressures/firmness and a 87 Torque Tune, as well as possibly a 91/93 Nitrous Tune in the future LOL. We'll see what they say, but looking forward to wasting a lot of gas and rubber in the near future.
Old 9/17/12, 09:01 PM
GT Member

I just received the tunes (87Perf, 93Torq, 93Race) so looking forward to installing them tomorrow afternoon. Much appreciation to Doug and C&L for the quick response and delivery, will report back the results!
Old 9/18/12, 09:35 AM
GT Member

Thwarted for now...installed the 93Torq tune this morning, sounded awesome and started the datalog to go for a drive, put it in reverse and then "chug"!!! The car drops down to about 300-400rpm and has ZERO throttle response whatsoever. Put it in drive, nothing; neutral, nothing. Luckily I'm in my driveway still so I kill it and try again, and it starts right up with throttle response. Put it in drive and barely get rolling before it does it again. Tried several more times before swapping over to the 93Perf tune, which also has the same issue.

So then I go to install the stock tune and I get an "incorrect vehicle" error that many SCT users have been getting when stranded on the side of the road. Knowing that many have had success by letting the residual power subside first before flashing again (something about a slight power surge when it shuts off that throws the computer for a loop) I wait for the residual power to go away, and sure enough it tunes back to stock just fine without errors. Guess that's the underlying issue with SCT users afterall???

I emailed Doug about the problem, hopefully it's a quick fix and back to me later today...was hoping to do a few videos of my new exhaust and to check out the new tunes at the same time, so we'll see!
Old 9/18/12, 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear that Bobby, yeah Cory had some earlier issues with his also. Hope you get her straightned out. My custom tunes is still sitting on the desktop.

Last edited by autobred; 9/18/12 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: C&L Performance is now offering custom tuning for 2011-13 Mustangs