Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

best aftermarket exhaust for 14 GTSC

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/14, 09:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Since you have a GTCS. You should go with the Single out GT500 Exhaust. You already have the really nice rear valance and the singles sound as good as the double outs according to the threads here.

I am torn as well single dual but I love the GTCS rear Valance and front grille and spliter..

Last edited by Jazzman442; 6/5/14 at 08:51 AM.
Old 6/1/14, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SGM SCOTT
I'm still trying to figure out the ford warranty when it comes to installing Ford Racing parts specifically the GT500 axlebacks. Do these need to be installed by a Ford Dealer and do they void the original Ford manufacturer warranty? I was going to install myself and then go to a muffler shop to remove the resonators. Am I overthinking this or will it void the manufacturer warranty and the extended 72 month/ 75k extended warranty?

m ltatio
Yes, you're over thinking this too much haha.

No, it won't void your whole warranty. Only the warranty on your mufflers and over-axle pipes if you get the work done at a muffler shop.

Ford will only void a warranty if your they prove that your modifications caused said parts in question to fail. Even then, they usually won't void your whole warranty, just the broken parts and you'll need to foot the bill (i.e. blown motor with a tuned pcm won't be covered under the power train warranty, but that won't affect the warranty on your brakes, headlights, etc.)

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Since you have a GTSC. You should go with the Single out GT500 Exhaust. You already have the really nice rear valance and the singles sound as good as the double outs according to the threads here.

I am torn as well single dual but I love the GTSC rear Valance and front grille and spliter..
GTSC.....SC....sc....

It's GT/CS people!!!!

Hahaha

Last edited by KushBandit; 6/1/14 at 09:57 PM.
Old 6/1/14, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Double post.
Old 6/2/14, 05:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT of Southern California?
Old 6/5/14, 08:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit
Yes, you're over thinking this too much haha.

No, it won't void your whole warranty. Only the warranty on your mufflers and over-axle pipes if you get the work done at a muffler shop.

Ford will only void a warranty if your they prove that your modifications caused said parts in question to fail. Even then, they usually won't void your whole warranty, just the broken parts and you'll need to foot the bill (i.e. blown motor with a tuned pcm won't be covered under the power train warranty, but that won't affect the warranty on your brakes, headlights, etc.)

GTSC.....SC....sc....

It's GT/CS people!!!!

Hahaha
I fixed it my hands are slower than the brain...
Old 6/5/14, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blame me for calling it a GTSC.....I know, I know it's a GT/CS. Mind said one thing and fingers did another..........after lengthy consideration and review from other posters, I've decided to go with the GT500 single exhaust. The cost was part of it but also I felt that the appearance of the car should remain true to what it is: a GT 5.0 California Special and not a Shelby GT500. Plus the savings is allowing me to do other mods that I wanted to: ie Ford Racing Tune, hood struts, an oil separator, etc......

was n
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I fixed it my hands are slower than the brain...
Old 6/5/14, 09:06 PM
Cobra Member

Blame me for calling it a GTSC.....I know, I know it's a GT/CS. Mind said one thing and fingers did another..........after lengthy consideration and review from other posters, I've decided to go with the GT500 single exhaust. The cost was part of it but also I felt that the appearance of the car should remain true to what it is: a GT 5.0 California Special and not a Shelby GT500. Plus the savings is allowing me to do other mods that I wanted to: ie Ford Racing Tune, hood struts, an oil separator, etc......

was n
I agree I love the Rear valence of the GT CS and the front Grill and Splitter. They are on my options list...
Old 6/7/14, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
The cost was part of it but also I felt that the appearance of the car should remain true to what it is: a GT 5.0 California Special and not a Shelby GT500.
So why do they make GT500 mufflers with single tips? Just for us plebians with GTs, or did they switch from single to dual tips on the GT500 at some point?

Also on the GT/SC thing, I get super excited thinking someone bought an actual GT/SC and I can ask them questions about it (like why they picked that over a GT500).
Old 6/7/14, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980

So why do they make GT500 mufflers with single tips? Just for us plebians with GTs, or did they switch from single to dual tips on the GT500 at some point?

Also on the GT/SC thing, I get super excited thinking someone bought an actual GT/SC and I can ask them questions about it (like why they picked that over a GT500).
The '11-12 GT500's have single tips. '13-14 GT500's have the dual tips. That's why they have the different tips

Just curious, what does GT/SC mean??? just yanking your chain hahah

Last edited by KushBandit; 6/7/14 at 03:11 PM.
Old 6/7/14, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by KushBandit

The '11-12 GT500's have single tips. '13-14 GT500's have the dual tips. That's why they have the different tips

Just curious, what does GT/SC mean??? just yanking your chain hahah
For the confused, the GT/SC is a custom package that Shelby does aftermarket to basically turn your standard GT/GT Premium into a GT500. My curiosity is about how comparable the two are.
Old 6/7/14, 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980

For the confused, the GT/SC is a custom package that Shelby does aftermarket to basically turn your standard GT/GT Premium into a GT500. My curiosity is about how comparable the two are.
I know about those. I just like to razzle people because its so easy to confuse the names "GT/CS" and "GT/SC" unless you say Shelby lol.
Old 6/11/14, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
14 GT WITH BORLA S TYPE AXLE BACK RESONATOR DELETE

Originally Posted by Wild5.0
I love my gt500's! Look at those tips, sounds amazing.

Attachment 159531

Still very curious about the borla stype though....
Installed yesterday and the sound is pure heaven. A little loud? Maybe. I have had aftermarket exhaust on every vehicle I have ever owned and the Borla s is the best I have ever heard. Push the go pedal down and the cleanest pure v-8 muscle car sound exits the dual pipes all the way to 7,000 rpm's. This is the best noise pollution I have ever experienced in my life on any vehicle I have owned. Oh, did I mention I have been driving cars for over 50 years? Let up on the go pedal and this wild beast turns into a tame ***** cat and I can drive it around town without turning heads and getting nasty looks.

Last edited by CLARKIES GT; 6/14/14 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Refering to the s type borla axle back
Old 6/21/14, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took about 30 minutes to put the GT500 axlebacks on, took it to a muffler shop who cut out the resonators and welded in straight pipe and then took it to the Ford Dealership to add the Ford Racing tune.

This car is growls beautifully acceleration but not too loud in the neighborhood at night or early in the morning........................ Did I mention fast?