Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Barton Shifter and Two Post Bracket Review on 2013 GT!

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/13, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Barton Shifter and Two Post Bracket Review on 2013 GT!

Quick review of the Barton Industries short throw shifter and two post bracket installed on my 2013 Ford Mustang GT track package. I personally love the Barton short throw shifter and highly recommend it and the two post bracket to anyone looking to improve shift feel and throw. The Barton shifter reduces shift throws by 40% and the bracket helps improve shift feel drastically. Rarely do I ever miss a shift in my car now, even power shifting.

Old 2/11/13, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RCE EATR
Quick review of the Barton Industries short throw shifter and two post bracket installed on my 2013 Ford Mustang GT track package. I personally love the Barton short throw shifter and highly recommend it and the two post bracket to anyone looking to improve shift feel and throw. The Barton shifter reduces shift throws by 40% and the bracket helps improve shift feel drastically. Rarely do I ever miss a shift in my car now, even power shifting.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjeoRafyXDY
Very nice write up, I will add to that as I have the same setup with the 2 post bracket and very happy with the positive shifts I get now... Next to my list is change out that factory sludge in my tranny, only have 8800 miles on my 2011 and I get the crunchy shifting when it's cold but I know how to avoid it.... But I want to put the best fluid possible but don't have a clear idea what's right for these MT82s as everyone had different experiences with differnt fluids :-/ I'm leaning more towards Redline MTL or Amsoil Synchromesh I live in jersey and it's cold here... Not a DD but take it out when it's not salty and snowy
Old 2/11/13, 11:39 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've read review on this and I'm impressed wondering how this really compares to an MGW shifter, I've sold myself on the MGW as my next mod.... but this makes me consider this setup.... thoughts?
Old 2/11/13, 01:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Xar
I've read review on this and I'm impressed wondering how this really compares to an MGW shifter, I've sold myself on the MGW as my next mod.... but this makes me consider this setup.... thoughts?
I would just stick with the MGW, it's about the same price, and the MGW piece just looks so much stouter. Plus the Barton looks like it only replaces the top part of the shifter and the MGW is a total package.
Old 2/14/13, 12:12 PM
GT Member

I am ditching the Steeda shifter/Bracket for an MGW... Should ship in a week...
Old 2/14/13, 02:11 PM
Len
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bullitt 3309
I am ditching the Steeda shifter/Bracket for an MGW... Should ship in a week...
I'm curious what improvement in shifting, if any, you will see. There's no doubt that MGW makes quality stuff. I had one on my '08 and loved it. I went with the Steeda shifter and braket on my '13 and it shifts every bit as good as the MGW did on my '08. Since I've had it I have yet to miss a gear and power shifting third is not a problem. Reverse lockout is no harder than with the stock unit and NVH with the black bushing is minimal.
Please post after you've driven it awhile and let us know what you think.
Old 2/14/13, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Honestly, either shifter, Barton or MGW will be better than factory, I love my MGW but, the Barton looks good too.
The worst thing you could do is to Keep the Factory shifter as it is flimsy and will fail.
I am glad the MGW was my first mod.