5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Bama V2 tunes

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/15, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am showing my newbiness in here.

For my tunes, I ordered 93 octane performance and 93 octane race tune, since I always use 93 octane. What happens if I drive to a state where 93 is not available? Should I have gotten one 91 octane tune?
Old 3/19/15, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tbone004
Alex,

I have the older tunes, how would I go about updating to the new tunes? Just put a request in and update my SCT tuner?
Originally Posted by CiniZter
i have the same question.
Great question guys and it's very simple! If you're already enrolled in Bama's Free Tunes For Life Program simply click this link for a Tune Revision, have that placed in your cart, proceed with the order and then you'll see a confirmation come through where you can have your info resubmitted.

Originally Posted by dohc97
I just ordered this tuner. Unfortunately, I don't have with me my computer code:-(
D'oh! That's not the end of the world! I can see that you said your tuner is in the process of shipping out. Was it sent blank or were you able to track down the PCM code?

Alex

Originally Posted by momogt
I have the older sct3 tuner and the v2 tunes work just find
Originally Posted by Glenn
why do they call them v2 tunes?
Originally Posted by momogt
version 2. the original bama tunes where ok they have new tuners now and this is there 2nd version of there tunes. and they are well worth it my car is a freaking monster now
Momo - Thanks for posting that up! I think that might be the first that I've heard them turning a car into a "freaking monster" that just gave me and the Bama Team a bunch of great smiles! Thanks so much for your feedback, we appreciate it!

Alex

Originally Posted by trizzot
I too have the older Bama tunes and the SC3 tuner. Im in the process of getting the version 2 tunes. I have no problems with my current tune. Ive just heard the version 2 tunes are better, so Im going to try them out. I hate to fix something that's not broke, But im going to roll the dice.
Trizz - I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed their older tunes thus far but I think you're literally going to be blown away by the improved driveability on the V2 Tunes - It's literally night and day and jumping from one coyote to another you're going to feel the difference right off the bat!

Let me know what you think once you've put a few miles on them, I'd love to get your feedback!

Alex

Originally Posted by 50HHHHH
Hey Alex, has there been an update in you guys offering the ghost cam tune? I will be purchasing a SCT4 tuner from you guys here shortly and would love to have that in one of my tunes. Thanks
50HHHHH - Sure! The Bama Team has been saying that they should have them by early summer!

Alex

So I ordered my tunes yesterday just after lunch and it will be delivered today. Granted I am only 2 states away, but that is impressive for a free delivery service.

This is my first time getting a tune. What is data logging and when/why do I have to do it?
Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
You install the tune. Then you data log. THat is driving around while your tuner records the data from your PCM. You send the datalog back to Bama so that it can be analyzed to insure yoru ignition timing is correct and fuel/air ratio's are good, etc. If somethign is a bit off they may make adjustments to yoru tune file and have you re-load then re-datalog to insure the changes were correct.

You can analyze your own data log with Live Link. it's great software and its free. http://sctflash.com/LiveLink.php
dohc97 - Awesome! That's what I like to hear!

14GHIG - Thanks so much that's hands down one of the best explanations I've ever seen on a datalog!

dohc97 - The Bama Team can walk you through exactly what you'll need to do and it's very easy. Once you pull all the data it's sent back to the Bama Team and looks like this!

Cool stuff right!?!?!?! Lots of numbers for the Bama Team and Myself to piece through - It gives us both a better idea of how your cars operating and allows the Bama Team to further refine your tunes just as GHIG had said!

Thanks for the nice explanation there.

When I get home tonight, do I just plug the tuner to my odb port and do the tune upload? Or do I need to update the device firmware first?
It should be ready to load the tune out of the box.
While they're ready to go Dohc, you're going to see something along with the device that's going to recommend that you're to update your firmware. I strongly reccomend doing so as 99% of the issues after the device is first plugged in is directly related to a firmware issue - Think of the firmware being akin to an IOS update for a phone (Or something that's analogous to the Droid platform)

I am showing my newbiness in here.

For my tunes, I ordered 93 octane performance and 93 octane race tune, since I always use 93 octane. What happens if I drive to a state where 93 is not available? Should I have gotten one 91 octane tune?
Fantastic question and if you're going to be going out of state where you can't get 93 that's going to be a small issue! Moving forward I would shoot Bama a request to have a revision set up to have your Performance Tune optimized for 91 Octane - You can always run a higher octane fuel but you shouldn't be putting in anything lower than what it's calibrated for.

Hope this helps guys!

Let me know if anyone has any other questions!

Alex
Old 3/19/15, 11:26 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Alex,

Thanks for the update, I will get my request in soon.
Old 3/19/15, 05:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I am in the process of requesting 2 additional tunes. I am thinking of getting an 87 performance and 91 race tune to go with my 93 performance and 93 race tunes. I always fill up with 93 wherever it is available. The 87 is just for emergency when I can't find a 91 or 93.

What tunes do you have in your tuners?
Old 3/19/15, 08:36 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex,

Thanks for the update on the Ghost cam. I am happy to hear you guys are still working on it and will hopefully have something by early Summer. I am excited for my Bama tune!!!!
Old 3/20/15, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tbone004
Alex,

Thanks for the update, I will get my request in soon.

Anytime! Sorry about the delay guys, I sit on about 10 forums and I have a few other side duties while I'm here as well - I try to be on the threads as much as I possibly can (Not a bad gig right!!?!)

Alex

I am in the process of requesting 2 additional tunes. I am thinking of getting an 87 performance and 91 race tune to go with my 93 performance and 93 race tunes. I always fill up with 93 wherever it is available. The 87 is just for emergency when I can't find a 91 or 93.

What tunes do you have in your tuners?
Dohc - That's really not a bad idea at all - 87 and 91 are going to be the most widely available fuels around. I personally run 93 through my car all the time just because I'm about 2 miles from a Sunoco (And used to be about 10 miles from another that had race fuel at the pump...it was aweeesome!!) but for what it's worth I think it would be a great idea for you to shoot for 87 and 91.

Let me know if you're to have any other questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex

Alex,

Thanks for the update on the Ghost cam. I am happy to hear you guys are still working on it and will hopefully have something by early Summer. I am excited for my Bama tune!!!!

Anytime! Believe me we want the Bama Team to get this out as quickly as possible! It's hands down one of the most recommended tunes to get moving on. The difficulty with them is due to the cats and when they previously offered them you needed to have an O/R Mid-Pipe - Paul and the Bama Team are tuning and tweaking these so that when they're brought back out we should be able to run them on catted cars!

Let me know if you have any other questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex
Old 3/20/15, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Alex, earlier today I ordered a Raxiom tail light sequencer. Then I received an email from you guys about a free Bama banner if I order at least $100. Can I still qualify for that free banner?
Old 3/20/15, 04:01 PM
V6 Member

Hey Alex, what if I am planning on getting an off road x-pipe so I would not have any cats, then would the tune be available to me right now?
Old 3/21/15, 02:02 AM

Alex, earlier today I ordered a Raxiom tail light sequencer. Then I received an email from you guys about a free Bama banner if I order at least $100. Can I still qualify for that free banner?
I'd be interested in the banner as wheel. Just bought two front amr rims before the St Patrick sale was introduced. Also bought my tunes for life like a month ago.
Old 3/21/15, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I uploaded my v2 93 performance tune today. The first time I started the car, it sounded okay. I didn't have the chance to drive the car as I had to be somewhere else and I drove my other car. I just got home 10 minutes ago and I started the car again with the intention of test driving it. As soon as it started, it didn't sound right. There was the lit wrench symbol in the gauge cluster. There was also a lot of smoke in the garage. I turned it off and restarted it again. Same thing happened. The idle normalized after about 2 minutes. Any clue on what happened in here? I am going to reinstall the stock tune tomorrow morning.
Old 3/22/15, 05:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

I uploaded my v2 93 performance tune today. The first time I started the car, it sounded okay. I didn't have the chance to drive the car as I had to be somewhere else and I drove my other car. I just got home 10 minutes ago and I started the car again with the intention of test driving it. As soon as it started, it didn't sound right. There was the lit wrench symbol in the gauge cluster. There was also a lot of smoke in the garage. I turned it off and restarted it again. Same thing happened. The idle normalized after about 2 minutes. Any clue on what happened in here? I am going to reinstall the stock tune tomorrow morning.
Interesting. Maybe the the file is corrupt?? I would agree with your course of action. Re-install the stock tune and get a new file just to be safe. Then retry. The god news is nothing was damaged. Sounds like the fuel map may be off and the catalytic converter was loading up with fuel. It will clear out and everything will be OK.

Keep me posted I am curious.
Old 3/22/15, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

So this is what I did this morning.

I started the car, still with the 93 performance tune in it. It sounded the same as last night. It sounded a little bit lumpy as if it has a mild cam in it. It smelled gas.

I then reinstalled the stock tune. When I first started the car, there was a small amber wrench icon in the middle cluster, by the Ok sign in the Open door warning. It went away after a few seconds and never came back. The car idled normally, ran it for about 4 minutes. I restarted the car again, and it again idled normally.

I reinstalled the 93 performance tune. It idles normally this time. I am going for a test drive and will try to do a data log.
Old 3/22/15, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I drove my car for a total of 90 miles today. 40 of those, I have data logged. I drove it in the highway and in some tight, twisty, rural roads I used to ride on when I still had a sportbike. Coming out from a turn in third gear, hearing the Corsa axleback and the MRT H pipe in full song is so much fun. The extra grunt is very noticeable. And I was just using the 93 performance tune. Another thing I noticed is that the low speed surge I used to have is now gone.

Of course, I had my windows down the whole time.

How do I get the data log off the SCT device?
Old 3/22/15, 06:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Plug it into your computer and you should see the data file in the directory. You can view the data log in Live Link from SCT.
Old 3/23/15, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor

Hey Alex, what if I am planning on getting an off road x-pipe so I would not have any cats, then would the tune be available to me right now?
Hey - They're still hammering away on the Ghost Cam Tune and it should be made available shortly, Sorry about the delay on their end but believe me they're working full steam ahead to have this brought back very soon!

Originally Posted by tuffstuff
I'd be interested in the banner as wheel. Just bought two front amr rims before the St Patrick sale was introduced. Also bought my tunes for life like a month ago.
Hey tuffstuff - Do me a favor and shoot me a PM with your order info and we'll work on PM's!

Alex

I drove my car for a total of 90 miles today. 40 of those, I have data logged. I drove it in the highway and in some tight, twisty, rural roads I used to ride on when I still had a sportbike. Coming out from a turn in third gear, hearing the Corsa axleback and the MRT H pipe in full song is so much fun. The extra grunt is very noticeable. And I was just using the 93 performance tune. Another thing I noticed is that the low speed surge I used to have is now gone.

Of course, I had my windows down the whole time.

How do I get the data log off the SCT device?
Received and replied to your PM regarding the banner - Sorry about the delay! As per the issues I wanted to see if you had the firmware updated on your device? Most times there can be a small hiccup if it hasn't been done. As I said in my PM I don't want to be going back and forth so shoot the Bama Team a call so they can get a better idea what's going on and get you fixed up! I'm confident that this is a really small issue that's not in relation to the tune and that they'll be able to have this fixed for you today so rest easy! We got your back!!!

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and keep me in the loop!

Alex

Interesting. Maybe the the file is corrupt?? I would agree with your course of action. Re-install the stock tune and get a new file just to be safe. Then retry. The god news is nothing was damaged. Sounds like the fuel map may be off and the catalytic converter was loading up with fuel. It will clear out and everything will be OK.

Keep me posted I am curious.
Plug it into your computer and you should see the data file in the directory. You can view the data log in Live Link from SCT.
2014GHIGGT - This is what I'm thinking here - 99% of issues that surround loading the tune are directly related to either the file or the firmware. Think of the firmware being akin to having a software update on your mobile phone. If it's not up to speed/up to date there's a good chance that there's going to be an issue having it loaded up. We're going to have Bama work with Dohc and get him fixed up shortly!

Alex
Old 3/23/15, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Alex,

The first thing I did with the tuner was check for any updates. Result says I have the latest version and no update is needed.

I just had to uninstall the tune and re install it back. It worked perfectly for the 90 mile drive I did yesterday. The engine sounded healthy and it was pulling very strong. Will keep everybody in the loop if I develop any other issue.

How do I data log? I am not sure if I did it correctly yesterday.

Last edited by dohc97; 3/23/15 at 07:49 AM.
Old 3/23/15, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor

Alex,

The first thing I did with the tuner was check for any updates. Result says I have the latest version and no update is needed.

I just had to uninstall the tune and re install it back. It worked perfectly for the 90 mile drive I did yesterday. The engine sounded healthy and it was pulling very strong. Will keep everybody in the loop if I develop any other issue.

How do I data log? I am not sure if I did it correctly yesterday.
Dohc - Thanks for letting me know! Just keep me in the loop on this. I'd love to hear back on what's going on as this is the first hiccup that I've heard with the V2 Tunes so far. I went ahead and had your banner set up and you should be seeing it tomorrow! Regarding the datalog I'm happy to have one of the Bama Guys contact you directly if you'd like but take a look over on How to Datalog My Vehicle:

Let me know if you want me to have one of the guys shoot you a call on this!

Alex
Old 3/23/15, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Alex or anyone else,

I have a SCt X3 tuner I bought a couple years ago from AM as a CAI and tune package for my old V6. I now have a 2011 5.0. Can I wipe it and still use this to download and install a new tune I purchase from bama or anyone else? Or do I have to sell it and get a new one?

Last edited by 05PRMTX; 3/23/15 at 12:04 PM.
Old 3/23/15, 12:04 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Originally Posted by 05PRMTX
Alex or anyone else,

I have a SCt X3 tuner I bought a couple years ago from AM as a CAI and tune package for my old V6. I now have a 2011 5.0. can wipe it and still use this to download and install a new tune I purhcase from bama or anyone else? Or do I have to sell it and get a new one?

Did you restore the V6 car to stock and "unmarry" the tuner from it?
Old 3/23/15, 12:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
Did you restore the V6 car to stock and "unmarry" the tuner from it?
I reset and sold the car, so I no longer need anything on it. Was there something else I needed to do to enable it to work on different models?

Last edited by 05PRMTX; 3/23/15 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Bama V2 tunes