Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Bama V2 tunes

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/15, 05:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bama V2 tunes

First off, I have a 2014 GT.

Anybody in here have any real world experience with the new V2 tunes? I spent my weekend reading about their new tunes. And I think it is calling my name. How safe/reliable is it? Does Bama offer any warranty if something happens to our engine related to the tune? Is the additional power/driveability worth the cost?

I have never had any tune/chip on any of my cars before. Except for my 97 Cobra with a Vortec that didn't come out good.
Old 3/16/15, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by dohc97

Anybody in here have any real world experience with the new V2 tunes? I spent my weekend reading about their new tunes. And I think it is calling my name. How safe/reliable is it? Does Bama offer any warranty if something happens to our engine related to the tune? Is the additional power/driveability worth the cost?

I have never had any tune/chip on any of my cars before. Except for my 97 Cobra with a Vortec that didn't come out good.

Hey dohc97 - Great question and I definitely have some real world experience with them. One of the perks working here is that I'm able to road test most if not all of our fleet vehicles be it around the block or on a 3 hour trip. This enables me to not only log certain parameters but to also give the Bama Performance Team real world feedback and what I've noticed the most is the driveability as I personally think that it's better than OEM. Coming out of a 3V 4.6 I'm definitely a little biased but I've been around the block a few thousand times in a Coyote having been here for the past 4 years.

We've had a ton of great results from our customers who are running Bama tunes. Over the past year their tunes have completely been reworked and the difference is night and day. The results from Bama's customers have been solid and the tunes are consistently performing. They've really focused on making sure that Bama's tunes are not only making the same or more power than any competitors, but that the driveability is perfectly smooth and unmatched. The power is on-demand when you hit the throttle, but it drives effortlessly and comfortably when you need it to. At the end of the day what I'm concerned about most is safety and reliability and their tunes are bullet proof!

In regards to the warranty Bama does have one offered for the late 2010 and 11-12 Coyotes for the Cylinder #8 issue which is not something that you'll see any other tuner offer and the 13-14's are much less prone to developing #8 Issues as Ford made some changes to their pistons for these years. In the event that something were to occur we stand behind their tuning abilities and so do they. We strive to have the best customer service possible and we're always here to help out no matter how large or small a problem is.

If you currently have a device and would like to get set up with their V2 Tunes shoot me a PM and I'm happy to work with them to get you set up or if you don't own one I can have a quote set up with killer pricing for you to give them a try!

Let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Old 3/16/15, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey dohc97 - Great question and I definitely have some real world experience with them. One of the perks working here is that I'm able to road test most if not all of our fleet vehicles be it around the block or on a 3 hour trip. This enables me to not only log certain parameters but to also give the Bama Performance Team real world feedback and what I've noticed the most is the driveability as I personally think that it's better than OEM. Coming out of a 3V 4.6 I'm definitely a little biased but I've been around the block a few thousand times in a Coyote having been here for the past 4 years.

We've had a ton of great results from our customers who are running Bama tunes. Over the past year their tunes have completely been reworked and the difference is night and day. The results from Bama's customers have been solid and the tunes are consistently performing. They've really focused on making sure that Bama's tunes are not only making the same or more power than any competitors, but that the driveability is perfectly smooth and unmatched. The power is on-demand when you hit the throttle, but it drives effortlessly and comfortably when you need it to. At the end of the day what I'm concerned about most is safety and reliability and their tunes are bullet proof!

In regards to the warranty Bama does have one offered for the late 2010 and 11-12 Coyotes for the Cylinder #8 issue which is not something that you'll see any other tuner offer and the 13-14's are much less prone to developing #8 Issues as Ford made some changes to their pistons for these years. In the event that something were to occur we stand behind their tuning abilities and so do they. We strive to have the best customer service possible and we're always here to help out no matter how large or small a problem is.

If you currently have a device and would like to get set up with their V2 Tunes shoot me a PM and I'm happy to work with them to get you set up or if you don't own one I can have a quote set up with killer pricing for you to give them a try!

Let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
So if I order this from your website, I am going to get the V2 tunes?

I tried placing an order today, but where should I enter my car specs?

Last edited by dohc97; 3/16/15 at 03:30 PM.
Old 3/16/15, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I run the Bama V2 now and I love it and this is just the performance car feel great on the street pulls hard down low and up top
Old 3/16/15, 07:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I also run the V2 tunes. Mainly the Performance tune and love it. One of the first things I did when I bought my 14GT last May was put a Bama tune on it and have been enjoying it worry free ever since!
Old 3/16/15, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I thought you wanted to a supercharger?
Old 3/17/15, 04:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
I thought you wanted to a supercharger?
I still do. But 6,000 versus 399 is a big difference to not try it.
Old 3/17/15, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
So if I order this from your website, I am going to get the V2 tunes?

I tried placing an order today, but where should I enter my car specs?
dohc97 - That's correct! If you're to order a new Bama X4 Tuner this will come equipped with their most up to date tunes.

Once the order is finalized you'll receive a Tune Info sheet that will ask what kind of fuel you're going to be running through the car and if you have any other modifications.

Let me know if you have any other questions or freel free to shoot me a PM or give the Bama Team a call!

Alex

Originally Posted by momogt
I run the Bama V2 now and I love it and this is just the performance car feel great on the street pulls hard down low and up top
Originally Posted by CSdave
I also run the V2 tunes. Mainly the Performance tune and love it. One of the first things I did when I bought my 14GT last May was put a Bama tune on it and have been enjoying it worry free ever since!
Momo and Dave,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post up your feedback and thoughts on the new V2's! I'm really happy to hear that you're enjoying your V2 tunes! They're definitely night and day in comparison to some of the older tunes that we're coming out of Bama. The biggest improvement is hands down the driveabiltiy. I swear it's better than Ford's OEM map.

Let me know if there's ever anything I can help you guys out with and enjoy!

Alex
Old 3/17/15, 09:20 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Alex,

I have the older tunes, how would I go about updating to the new tunes? Just put a request in and update my SCT tuner?
Old 3/17/15, 09:58 AM
Bullitt Member

I just ordered this tuner. Unfortunately, I don't have with me my computer code:-(
Old 3/17/15, 10:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tbone004
Alex,

I have the older tunes, how would I go about updating to the new tunes? Just put a request in and update my SCT tuner?
i have the same question.
Old 3/17/15, 06:28 PM

I have the older sct3 tuner and the v2 tunes work just find
Old 3/17/15, 06:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
why do they call them v2 tunes?
Old 3/17/15, 07:29 PM

version 2. the original bama tunes where ok they have new tuners now and this is there 2nd version of there tunes. and they are well worth it my car is a freaking monster now
Old 3/18/15, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too have the older Bama tunes and the SC3 tuner. Im in the process of getting the version 2 tunes. I have no problems with my current tune. Ive just heard the version 2 tunes are better, so Im going to try them out. I hate to fix something that's not broke, But im going to roll the dice.
Old 3/18/15, 08:42 AM
V6 Member

Hey Alex, has there been an update in you guys offering the ghost cam tune? I will be purchasing a SCT4 tuner from you guys here shortly and would love to have that in one of my tunes. Thanks
Old 3/19/15, 06:04 AM
Bullitt Member

So I ordered my tunes yesterday just after lunch and it will be delivered today. Granted I am only 2 states away, but that is impressive for a free delivery service.

This is my first time getting a tune. What is data logging and when/why do I have to do it?
Old 3/19/15, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

So I ordered my tunes yesterday just after lunch and it will be delivered today. Granted I am only 2 states away, but that is impressive for a free delivery service.

This is my first time getting a tune. What is data logging and when/why do I have to do it?
You install the tune. Then you data log. THat is driving around while your tuner records the data from your PCM. You send the datalog back to Bama so that it can be analyzed to insure yoru ignition timing is correct and fuel/air ratio's are good, etc. If somethign is a bit off they may make adjustments to yoru tune file and have you re-load then re-datalog to insure the changes were correct.

You can analyze your own data log with Live Link. it's great software and its free. http://sctflash.com/LiveLink.php
Old 3/19/15, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
You install the tune. Then you data log. THat is driving around while your tuner records the data from your PCM. You send the datalog back to Bama so that it can be analyzed to insure yoru ignition timing is correct and fuel/air ratio's are good, etc. If somethign is a bit off they may make adjustments to yoru tune file and have you re-load then re-datalog to insure the changes were correct.

You can analyze your own data log with Live Link. it's great software and its free. http://sctflash.com/LiveLink.php
Thanks for the nice explanation there.

When I get home tonight, do I just plug the tuner to my odb port and do the tune upload? Or do I need to update the device firmware first?
Old 3/19/15, 07:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

It should be ready to load the tune out of the box.

Quick Reply: Bama V2 tunes