Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Bama "Diablosport InTune" Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/14, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bama "Diablosport InTune" Tuner

Was reading specs & reports about this tuner, and one of the reports says that it will not leave a footprint on the PCM when flashing (as well as maybe being able to clear footprints and reset flash counts).

I was under the impression that if I apply a Flash/Tune to my 2014 GT (using ANY type/brand of Tuner), it will ALWAYS leave a footprint on the PCM AND increment the Flash Count. And I understood these things (flash history footprints, and Flash Counters) can NOT be cleared out or reset.

Does anyone have or used this "Diablosport InTune" Tuner product? Is this functionality (of not leaving a footprint and/or clearing history and/or reset Counters) indeed correct & even possible??
Old 1/29/14, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will leave a flash count, anytime you flash into your PCM there is a trace as these are not chips, stand alones or piggy backs.
Old 1/30/14, 07:40 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Capt_Speed
Was reading specs & reports about this tuner, and one of the reports says that it will not leave a footprint on the PCM when flashing (as well as maybe being able to clear footprints and reset flash counts).

I was under the impression that if I apply a Flash/Tune to my 2014 GT (using ANY type/brand of Tuner), it will ALWAYS leave a footprint on the PCM AND increment the Flash Count. And I understood these things (flash history footprints, and Flash Counters) can NOT be cleared out or reset.

Does anyone have or used this "Diablosport InTune" Tuner product? Is this functionality (of not leaving a footprint and/or clearing history and/or reset Counters) indeed correct & even possible??
Capt_Speed,

I honestly haven't personally seen this truly tested before on the forums, nor has the Bama Team tested this. From what I've seen, anytime you flash the PCM with a tuning device, the PCM will record a flash count as Jay mentioned.

Diablosport claims they have and the Intune does not change the flash count. However, since we've never personally verify it here at AM/Bama, we don't advertise nor support this information as factual. Again, I want to make it clear that I'm not saying DS is being misleading. We've simply never verified this on our own.

Maybe some other members can step in here and share their experiencing with the DS Intune and having work performed at the Dealership!

Shane
Old 1/31/14, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Question

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Capt_Speed,

I honestly haven't personally seen this truly tested before on the forums, nor has the Bama Team tested this. From what I've seen, anytime you flash the PCM with a tuning device, the PCM will record a flash count as Jay mentioned.

Diablosport claims they have and the Intune does not change the flash count. However, since we've never personally verify it here at AM/Bama, we don't advertise nor support this information as factual. Again, I want to make it clear that I'm not saying DS is being misleading. We've simply never verified this on our own.

Maybe some other members can step in here and share their experiencing with the DS Intune and having work performed at the Dealership!

Shane
If the claim that Diablosport advertises were true it seems like EVERYONE looking for a tune with a car still under warranty would buy one. Including myself !! Scott
Old 2/1/14, 04:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Capt_Speed,

Shane
Straight from the "specs" tab on the product description page:

An added bonus of the InTune is that it does not leave any footprint, fingerprint, watermark or trace on your vehicle's PCM after you return the vehicle back to stock so your dealer will not be able to see that the Intune was ever installed.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/diablo...ne-1113gt.html
Old 2/2/14, 05:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jmaStang

An added bonus of the InTune is that it does not leave any footprint, fingerprint, watermark or trace on your vehicle's PCM after you return the vehicle back to stock so your dealer will not be able to see that the Intune was ever installed.

That's B.S. It leaves a flash count that can't be hidden. Don't believe everything you read.
Old 2/2/14, 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
That's B.S. It leaves a flash count that can't be hidden. Don't believe everything you read.
Well, I'm reading your post & I believe that !! Scott
Old 2/2/14, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
^^ lol.

I've always been curious of this claim. They don't specifically say anything about flash count. However they do say the dealer won't be able to tell which would imply it doesn't record flash count. Or maybe flash count doesn't prove anything. I would imagine that if a dealer asked why I have 10 flashes let's say I could play dumb. They couldn't prove that it was an aftermarket flash because there is (in theory) no footprint. Could have been flashed a bunch if times at the factory. Implausible? Sure. But the dealer can't prove otherwise. They can't deny service because of a high flash count and no record of any aftermarket flash.

Also wouldn't think its a good idea to very clearly advertise this for it not to be true. First time it didn't work they'd be sued.

The InTune is a very nice piece if hardware. Great specs. Great screen. It falls short to SCT when it comes to custom tunes since it doesn't go anywhere near as deep in parameters. But from an email tune prospective it should allow for equal gains.

Last edited by typesredline; 2/2/14 at 09:15 AM.
Old 2/4/14, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by jmaStang

Thx, Stang. I knew I read that somewhere and wasn't crazy. I can't believe they would post that and risk a lawsuit if it weren't true.

Has anyone used a DiabloSport and verified no footprint is left after reflashing to stock tune??
Old 2/5/14, 07:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Capt_Speed
Thx, Stang. I knew I read that somewhere and wasn't crazy. I can't believe they would post that and risk a lawsuit if it weren't true. Has anyone used a DiabloSport and verified no footprint is left after reflashing to stock tune??
I'm just not sure how "we" would verify this short of going to the dealer and asking if they can tell if the car ever has an aftermarket tune. Maybe they could say they bought it used and want to see if it was beat on with a tune?
Old 2/5/14, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
After any tuner returns your PCM back to stock, there is no footprint left. The dealer can NOT NOT NOT NOT bloody NOT tell there has ever been a tune on the car.

Its very simple, when you first connect your Tuner to your car, it queries the PCM and starts downloading sections of the internal flash that it will eventually overwrite. This is then stored on the tuner. When your return your PCM back to stock, the original data (tune, firmware, whatever you wanna call it) is put back into flash.

I can't comment on whether or not there is a "counter". But "if" there was, it can be overwritten as it would be stored in flash as well.

-Matt

Last edited by zeroaviation; 2/5/14 at 11:54 AM.
Old 2/5/14, 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroaviation
After any tuner returns your PCM back to stock, there is no footprint left. The dealer can NOT NOT NOT NOT bloody NOT tell there has ever been a tune on the car.

Its very simple, when you first connect your Tuner to your car, it queries the PCM and starts downloading sections of the internal flash that it will eventually overwrite. This is then stored on the tuner. When your return your PCM back to stock, the original data (tune, firmware, whatever you wanna call it) is put back into flash.

I can't comment on whether or not there is a "counter". But "if" there was, it can be overwritten as it would be stored in flash as well.

-Matt
Sorry Matt but you have no clue. A tune leaves a flash count that cannot be erased on the 2011+ cars. Stop misleading people into believing it.
Old 2/5/14, 03:05 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Sorry Matt but you have no clue. A tune leaves a flash count that cannot be erased on the 2011+ cars. Stop misleading people into believing it.
I'm sure Matt has a clue. Anything can be erased on flash. The SCT tuners will not delete the flash count. Anything is possible for a programmer
Old 2/5/14, 03:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I see. I don't believe that I ever said any tuners was changing this value.

But I am saying that dealers cannot tell that you have ever had a tune installed. (As long as you return it to stock first).

Originally Posted by CVH
I'm sure Matt has a clue. Anything can be erased on flash. The SCT tuners will not delete the flash count. Anything is possible for a programmer
Bingo. Its really not that hard to suck down the entire flash of the MCU. (Until 12MY, then it gets a bit more challenging)

-Matt
Old 2/5/14, 06:32 PM
Cobra Member

After any tuner returns your PCM back to stock, there is no footprint left. The dealer can NOT NOT NOT NOT bloody NOT tell there has ever been a tune on the car. Its very simple, when you first connect your Tuner to your car, it queries the PCM and starts downloading sections of the internal flash that it will eventually overwrite. This is then stored on the tuner. When your return your PCM back to stock, the original data (tune, firmware, whatever you wanna call it) is put back into flash. I can't comment on whether or not there is a "counter". But "if" there was, it can be overwritten as it would be stored in flash as well. -Matt
Not true. While personally I think the flash count is irrelevant to warranty or not. A typical tuner will indeed leave traces of a tune.

This is the reason the InTune does not dig as deep as the SCT. Where it hurts it in fine/granular tuning. The PCM doesn't track it.

Last edited by typesredline; 2/6/14 at 04:01 PM.
Old 2/5/14, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
Not true. While personally I think the flash count is irrelevant to warranty or not. A typical tuner will indeed leave traces of a tune. The dealer runs a diagnostic that cross references all parameters to make sure they match.

This is the reason the InTune does not dig as deep as the SCT. Where it hurts it in fine/granular tuning. It also allows it to remove everything. So the dealer, supposedly would not find any mismatched settings.
If you return your car, back to stock, there is NO way the dealer will know.

InTune is no different than an Sct tuner... They both perform the exact same actions on the PCM. Its what changes that are made to the calibration that count.

I'm curious where you got your information? Or where you have read such a thing.

I have a feeling this debate will go on forever though. Unless you know how PCM's operate (like me) you need not comment

-Matt
Old 2/5/14, 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

If you return your car, back to stock, there is NO way the dealer will know. InTune is no different than an Sct tuner... They both perform the exact same actions on the PCM. Its what changes that are made to the calibration that count. I'm curious where you got your information? Or where you have read such a thing. I have a feeling this debate will go on forever though. Unless you know how PCM's operate (like me) you need not comment -Matt
Wowzers! Arrogant are we? I would LOVE for you to explain how PCM's work so that I can pick apart your bs. The statement alone that InTune and SCT perform the same is so ignorant and naive. I am curious where you got your info. Because where I got mine is not only well documented on this and other forums but from over 15 yrs of engine building and custom tuning on ecu's and software that make an SCT tuner look like an etch-a-sketch.

Please don't come in here and beat your chest about being at an expert level and then have the nerve to boss around others about what they can and can not talk about. I guarantee that I will run circles around anything you THINK you know. And I by no means am an expert.

This forum is for people to calibrate and learn and share. If you believe what you believe, great. But the way it works see is that you need to back it up. Especially when your theory is in the minority. So far the only explanation you've given is an incorrect way that the tuner interacts with the PCM.

Last edited by typesredline; 2/5/14 at 09:48 PM.
Old 2/5/14, 10:16 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Please don't come in here and beat your chest about being at an expert level
Keep strokin it bud.

and then have the nerve to boss around others
Check your mirror out.
I've read more of your newbie stuffing than a christmas turkey.

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/5/14 at 10:23 PM.
Old 2/6/14, 05:44 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Wowzers! Arrogant are we? I would LOVE for you to explain how PCM's work so that I can pick apart your bs. The statement alone that InTune and SCT perform the same is so ignorant and naive. I am curious where you got your info. Because where I got mine is not only well documented on this and other forums but from over 15 yrs of engine building and custom tuning on ecu's and software that make an SCT tuner look like an etch-a-sketch.

Please don't come in here and beat your chest about being at an expert level and then have the nerve to boss around others about what they can and can not talk about. I guarantee that I will run circles around anything you THINK you know. And I by no means am an expert.

This forum is for people to calibrate and learn and share. If you believe what you believe, great. But the way it works see is that you need to back it up. Especially when your theory is in the minority. So far the only explanation you've given is an incorrect way that the tuner interacts with the PCM.
Wowzers!
Check your mirrors. Matt is knowledgable in programming the PCM.
His points are valid.
Check out his work for programming tablets for control of the mustangs.
Old 2/6/14, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, so since you know it all. Explain to me how InTune and SCT are so different? In technical details please tell me. (In terms of Spanish Oak 2058)

I'm not coming in here to show off, I'm coming in here to educate people how crap works. Its rare that you find someone who wants to help the community on a technical level like myself. See the other work I have done in the forums (Specifically having the 13/14 gauge cluster working in the 11/12 cars). That was not done by your average hobbyist.

15 years ago, we didn't have the type of technology we have now. So 15 years of ENGINE BUILDING experience is irrelevant.

So, Lets start with a simple question.

Explain 0x7A4 and 0x7AC

Ready... Go!

-Matt

@cdynaco & @CVH Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Bama "Diablosport InTune" Tuner