Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Anyone tried the new Bama V2 tunes in a 2014 automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/15, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know it's interesting. I had a procal ford racing tune and had the same experience before I added the TVS. The procal may not advertise major power gains but it performed very well and in many cases outperformed folks cars with custom tunes. Granted there are many variables, tires, etc.
Old 4/15/15, 05:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bodon
Well I just installed my BAMA custom tune and JLT CAI today. Pretty easy install. Then I start it up. Ran like crap. Rough and popping thru the CAI. Then it died and I'm thinking I should of never done this. So I start it again. Runs bad but runs. After about 2 minutes its fine running smooth. I guess computer needs to adjust itself. Be nice if instruction sheet had mentioned that it could happen. I was nervous for abit. Anyhow took it for a ride. First thing I noticed were the firm& positive shifts(automatic) and downshifts. Not harsh or jerky. Throttle was very responsive. All guage readings were perfect. Havent tried the 91 Race tune yet. Saving that for the track in afew weeks.. Best ET stock is 12.92@109 mph. Thanks A M Very happy (so far) !
I had the same experience the first time I loaded the tune. See my post starting on post# 30.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-tunes-536135/
Old 4/21/15, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus

That's a great question and Bama brought Paul on last season and he saw the need to overhaul their tunes - He's pretty obsessive compulsive about anything that he has his hands on and he saw that there was room for improvement on a few fronts.

One of which being driveabiltiy - I'm a guinea pig here for on site feedback and I'm highly critical on what comes out from Bama. The most drastic improvement in my opinion is how the vehicle operates just getting around town. But to hit on a few of your questions he saw that the electronic throttle calibration was lacking and needed improvement which in turn gets us greatly improved throttle response.

Bama was having a lot of feedback from their automatic customers as well that the shift characteristics just weren't there and that was something that needed to be address in my opinion as well. Characteristics, shift points, torque converter lock/unlock, fuel map changes, spark map changes we're all overhauled. They've also started working with their customer extensively datalogging (For Free) to further dial in their calibrations as it's something I think should be done no matter what the make/model of the vehicle.

Let me know if you're to have any other questions at all and I hope this helps.

Alex
You aren't kidding. I just uploaded 93Rv2 and it's a HUGE improvement over the old ones. I'm seriously impressed. I haven't data logged at all since I had to borrow a computer since my laptop is too slow and the other computer is Ipad but just straight the way it came from you guys is an amazing difference. Throttle response difference is tremendous. Before it felt like I had to give the car too much gas to get it going good but now it's like you push the throttle down any more than normal and you already are and it instantly upshifts and is READY TO GO!

Last edited by choate; 4/21/15 at 05:40 PM.
Old 4/21/15, 04:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by dohc97
I had the same experience the first time I loaded the tune. See my post starting on post# 30.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-tunes-536135/
I found out what I did wrong with my first tune. My new tunes didn't include a mod for my new CAI. I didn't list it as a mod when I ordered my new tuner /CAI combo. My thinking was I only listed the car as it was that day. I hadn't even rec. my new stuff yet. I thought AM/BAMA would know that. My goof up. Anyhow, talked to BAMA and they figured it out and sent me "new" tunes. This time after I put them in and fired it up it ran perfect.Never"assume"!!
Old 4/21/15, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ordered today!! Can't wait. Thought I would get the questionnaire form right away but haven't received it yet, normal??
Old 4/21/15, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by bodon
I found out what I did wrong with my first tune. My new tunes didn't include a mod for my new CAI. I didn't list it as a mod when I ordered my new tuner /CAI combo. My thinking was I only listed the car as it was that day. I hadn't even rec. my new stuff yet. I thought AM/BAMA would know that. My goof up. Anyhow, talked to BAMA and they figured it out and sent me "new" tunes. This time after I put them in and fired it up it ran perfect.Never"assume"!!
Thanks for posting feedback, experience, and thoughts. I have been struggling with buying tuner and tunes. Due to warranty issue possibility, but mostly due to funding. :-/ I WILL be buying tuner and tunes from AM / BAMA just not sure when the greenery will be there. Talked to Rep via email by name of Matthew Allen and seeing Alex Lazarus replies and service/dedication across many forums is what made me decide on the direction and what company to go with. Now... if I could just get my job to direct around $425.00 extra next week that'd be great. Wife not "ponying" up the dough in my budget lol. Sigh... I'll just keep watching and reading. Living vicariously through you tuned up Mustang owners. Do a burnout for me :-) hopefully I'll be in the tuner game soon enough. Till then I'll be scrounging the couch cushions and counting my piggy bank hehe.
Old 4/22/15, 10:51 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mrc728
Just ordered today!! Can't wait. Thought I would get the questionnaire form right away but haven't received it yet, normal??
They e-mailed mine the day I placed the order. Maybe give them a call.
Old 4/22/15, 10:58 AM
V6 Member

Hope the throttle response is improved. I do some bracket racing and trying to cut a light has been challenging. The throttle by wire has a lag to it. Sure hope its gone next time I hit the track. Havent run it since my tunes were installed.
Old 4/22/15, 12:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2014_GT_PREM_A6
Thanks for posting feedback, experience, and thoughts. I have been struggling with buying tuner and tunes. Due to warranty issue possibility, but mostly due to funding. :-/ I WILL be buying tuner and tunes from AM / BAMA just not sure when the greenery will be there. Talked to Rep via email by name of Matthew Allen and seeing Alex Lazarus replies and service/dedication across many forums is what made me decide on the direction and what company to go with. Now... if I could just get my job to direct around $425.00 extra next week that'd be great. Wife not "ponying" up the dough in my budget lol. Sigh... I'll just keep watching and reading. Living vicariously through you tuned up Mustang owners. Do a burnout for me :-) hopefully I'll be in the tuner game soon enough. Till then I'll be scrounging the couch cushions and counting my piggy bank hehe.
Dude it'll be the best $425.00 you've ever spent on your car. Trust me. If you had a manual transmission I'd say oh well just wait but on these Autos the difference is so much it's like having a totally different car. I wish you lived closer so you could drive mine. If you did, that $425.00 would show up somewhere b/c you wouldn't be able to resist. I cannot explain to you how much different it is in the Autos. Hope you can get one soon!
Old 4/22/15, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If I have an unmarried tuner already, bought it used, can I get the Bama tunes for life for $150? What kind of tuner does it have to be? Will any SCT tuner do the duty?
Old 4/22/15, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Dumb question but I filled out my questionnaire today and it doesn't even ask what transmission I have, or do they get that info from the computer code?
Old 4/23/15, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Dumb question but I filled out my questionnaire today and it doesn't even ask what transmission I have, or do they get that info from the computer code?
It doesn't ask. I put it in the notes but I don't think the time before. It'll be fine. If your car doesn't shift you might want to call them though lol

Btw I don't know about the unmarried tuner thing Automatic 5.0 but somebody should know. Or just call SCT/Bama

Anybody notice the engine fans come on a lot earlier with the newer tunes? I'm going to ask Bama about that. It seems like they come on as soon as the engine reaches normal temp - even when the temp outside is not warm. I don't remember it doing that before.

Last edited by choate; 4/23/15 at 05:52 PM.
Old 4/24/15, 06:34 AM
V6 Member

Computer code tells them that. And yes I noticed the fans on earlier which is fine with me.
Old 4/27/15, 10:40 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
for last two weeks have been runing V2 tune, mine is auto with airaid cai n torque convertor. been happy with tune so far. 500 miles now, it is smooth n good throttle response, happy news is i m getting better miles on my 87 tune. earlier it was 18.5 now it is 20.5 mpg
Old 4/27/15, 11:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Got my x4/bama tunes today, probably going to wait until Saturday (start of my vacation) to install the tune. Anything I need to do other than plug it in and load it up?
This is my first experience with tuning. Just want to be sure and do things right the first time.
Already installed the SCT device updater on the pc to check for updates/ firmware.
Old 4/28/15, 01:15 AM
GT Member

Got my x4/bama tunes today, probably going to wait until Saturday (start of my vacation) to install the tune. Anything I need to do other than plug it in and load it up?
This is my first experience with tuning. Just want to be sure and do things right the first time.
Already installed the SCT device updater on the pc to check for updates/ firmware.
Make sure your car battery is up to snuff you don't want to have it die right in the middle of loading your tune. Some guys leave there battery on a charger or battery tender when the tune is loading just to be safe. And make sure all power is off like radio heat A/C fan etc.
Old 4/28/15, 11:52 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Kestral
Make sure your car battery is up to snuff you don't want to have it die right in the middle of loading your tune. Some guys leave there battery on a charger or battery tender when the tune is loading just to be safe. And make sure all power is off like radio heat A/C fan etc.
I also heard that the car door should be shut also. I did all the above JUST to be safe.
Old 4/28/15, 01:46 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
mrc728- you may want to do the install on a weekday, just in case you need tech support, should you have any problems. Might save some frustration and a "dead" car over the weekend. FWIW
Old 4/28/15, 05:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by smike308
mrc728- you may want to do the install on a weekday, just in case you need tech support, should you have any problems. Might save some frustration and a "dead" car over the weekend. FWIW
Very good advice!
Old 4/28/15, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by smike308
Good advice indeed, hadn't thought about that one. Thanks all!!

Quick Reply: Anyone tried the new Bama V2 tunes in a 2014 automatic?