Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Anyone tried the new Bama V2 tunes in a 2014 automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/15, 05:40 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone tried the new Bama V2 tunes in a 2014 automatic?

Hear they are quite good now. Like the idea of dealing with AM in case I'm not satisfied. There customer service has always been top notch.
Old 4/7/15, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

I loaded up the 91 performance tune last month and I'm currently running the 91 race tune. I love them both! Night and day difference from the old tunes Bama offered. It seems like the tune affects Sport mode as well, but I'm not sure if it only affects certain parameters or fully overwrites the OEM sport mode setup.
Old 4/7/15, 02:21 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by kingofsting
I loaded up the 91 performance tune last month and I'm currently running the 91 race tune. I love them both! Night and day difference from the old tunes Bama offered. It seems like the tune affects Sport mode as well, but I'm not sure if it only affects certain parameters or fully overwrites the OEM sport mode setup.
Are you running any aftermarket CAI?
Old 4/8/15, 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

No, I couldn't justify the expense of a CAI given the virtually nonexistent gains. I'm running a tune and Roush axle backs with a K&N filter. The car is noticeably quicker with the newer Bama tune.
Old 4/8/15, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2014, but with a stick shift. I just loaded my 93 performance tune about 2 weeks ago. I am very impressed with it that I am putting a stop in my performance mod(for now). I have a KN filter, an H pipe, and a Corsa axleback. I have not even tried the 93 race tune. This is my first car that I have ever put on a tune.
Old 4/8/15, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a 13' automatic with an AIRAID CAI and I have the 93 octane V2 tunes. I run with the 93 Race all the time. Seems improved over the older versions with improved throttle response. I did bump the shifting firmness up on it as I like the tires to break loose when it shifts at WOT
Old 4/9/15, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by bodon
Hear they are quite good now. Like the idea of dealing with AM in case I'm not satisfied. There customer service has always been top notch.
Hey Bo - Bama's definitely come a long way over the course of the past few months and their new V2 Tunes are doing incredibly well and I think that you would be surprised with the night and day change - Not only are we seeing customers here (In this thread below) but we're hearing feedback through tickets, emails, phone calls, twitter, facebook, Instagram, everywhere! Here's a few guys running V2's on their Coyotes:

Name:  Bama%20Capture%201_zpsm6nvtp8y.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  Bama%20Capture%202_zpsfbb2gxgl.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  77.9 KB

Let me know if you have any other questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex

Originally Posted by kingofsting
King - Thanks for posting this up! I'm happy to hear that you're feeling the difference with the new tunes! Let me know if there's ever anything I can lend a hand with and enjoy!

Alex

Originally Posted by dohc97
I have a 2014, but with a stick shift. I just loaded my 93 performance tune about 2 weeks ago. I am very impressed with it that I am putting a stop in my performance mod(for now). I have a KN filter, an H pipe, and a Corsa axleback. I have not even tried the 93 race tune. This is my first car that I have ever put on a tune.
dohc97 - Happy to hear that you're enjoying them! Just wait until they're further datalogged! Let me know how everything working out and I'm here to help if anything!

Alex

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
I have a 13' automatic with an AIRAID CAI and I have the 93 octane V2 tunes. I run with the 93 Race all the time. Seems improved over the older versions with improved throttle response. I did bump the shifting firmness up on it as I like the tires to break loose when it shifts at WOT
MadScot - I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the improved throttle response as well - I think that the most drastic change in my opinion is the driveabiltiy along with the shifts for the auto. I've had many Ford's and their stock tune shifts really, not well. I just picked up a '14 leftover EcoBoost F150 and I'm dying to get a tune on there to clean up the shifts, it's like it has no idea what gear it wants to grab. I really notice this the most driving stock auto 11+ cars as well!

If anyone has any questions at all I'm here to help!

Alex

Last edited by AMAlexLazarus; 4/9/15 at 11:42 AM.
Old 4/9/15, 11:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Can you explain why, with the coyote being available for so long now, all of a sudden the v2 tunes have improved so much? What's changed? I mean the engine and pcm, and tuning software hasn't changed. Nothing has been recently discovered in the world of tuning has it? I'm sure you guys get asked all the time.... What is making the v2 tune that much better?
Old 4/9/15, 01:07 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Can you explain why, with the coyote being available for so long now, all of a sudden the v2 tunes have improved so much? What's changed? I mean the engine and pcm, and tuning software hasn't changed. Nothing has been recently discovered in the world of tuning has it? I'm sure you guys get asked all the time.... What is making the v2 tune that much better?
---
^ excellent question, I'd like to know, as well..
Old 4/9/15, 02:49 PM
V6 Member

I know they hired a new head tuner. His name is Paul ????( sorry can't recall) But from what I've researched He's pretty sharp at tuning and has a pretty impressive resume. Others in the business also acknowledge that he knows his stuff in the field of tuning Mustangs. AM was apparently wanting to improve the Bama tunes and that's what they've done.
Old 4/10/15, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
^ excellent question, I'd like to know, as well..
Originally Posted by bodon
I know they hired a new head tuner. His name is Paul ????( sorry can't recall) But from what I've researched He's pretty sharp at tuning and has a pretty impressive resume. Others in the business also acknowledge that he knows his stuff in the field of tuning Mustangs. AM was apparently wanting to improve the Bama tunes and that's what they've done.
Tom -

That's a great question and Bama brought Paul on last season and he saw the need to overhaul their tunes - He's pretty obsessive compulsive about anything that he has his hands on and he saw that there was room for improvement on a few fronts.

One of which being driveabiltiy - I'm a guinea pig here for on site feedback and I'm highly critical on what comes out from Bama. The most drastic improvement in my opinion is how the vehicle operates just getting around town. But to hit on a few of your questions he saw that the electronic throttle calibration was lacking and needed improvement which in turn gets us greatly improved throttle response.

Bama was having a lot of feedback from their automatic customers as well that the shift characteristics just weren't there and that was something that needed to be address in my opinion as well. Characteristics, shift points, torque converter lock/unlock, fuel map changes, spark map changes we're all overhauled. They've also started working with their customer extensively datalogging (For Free) to further dial in their calibrations as it's something I think should be done no matter what the make/model of the vehicle.

Let me know if you're to have any other questions at all and I hope this helps.

Alex
Old 4/10/15, 10:55 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Thanks, Alex!
Old 4/10/15, 11:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
after reading all this, i have placed order for my V2
Old 4/10/15, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had my 93 tune for about 3 weeks now. All I can say is, wow.
Old 4/10/15, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a manual and just upgraded to the V2 tunes, and so far I'm impressed. I'm waiting for a break in the weather so I can really see the difference. But from my very limited use, It does feel like the cars pulls way harder.
Old 4/12/15, 07:10 AM
V6 Member

I'm a little confused on one thing though. I just got my tuner SCT and JLT CAI. But there is a label on the tuner that says to go to SCT's website to updating the device for the latest software/tune revisions before use. I filled out the questionaire about my car before placing the order with AM. In other words I have a custom tune. Should be programed and ready to go right??? Why would it need any revision or update? I don't want to screw up anything by downloading some thing I should'nt.

Last edited by bodon; 4/12/15 at 04:35 PM.
Old 4/12/15, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Two different things. The tune files are on the device. What the update is referring to is the firmware or SCT operating system. So SCT wants to be certain you are using the latest version of their software. It's all good.
Old 4/12/15, 09:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
Two different things. The tune files are on the device. What the update is referring to is the firmware or SCT operating system. So SCT wants to be certain you are using the latest version of their software. It's all good.
So should I do anything Or just load it as is?? Don't mean to sound dumb but this stuff is all new to me.

Last edited by bodon; 4/12/15 at 09:10 PM.
Old 4/12/15, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
I was at the track wendsday night! (1/4 mi.)
I was talking to 3 guys with Bama tunes, and 3 different types of CAI!
I have a Pro-cal tune with K&N drop in filter.
We were all on street tires I'm a manual trans, 2 of them were manual 1 was auto.
I ran a 12.52 @ 113.9 mph!
The fastest one of the 3 with a Bama tune ran 12.74 @ 113.2 mph!
One guy said he just got his tune 2 weeks ago, I don't know if it's a V2 tune.
Just wanted to give a little real world test #'s I was part of.
Granted driver plays a part, so not trying to start a tunner fight, just offering up some info!
Old 4/14/15, 05:33 PM
V6 Member

Well I just installed my BAMA custom tune and JLT CAI today. Pretty easy install. Then I start it up. Ran like crap. Rough and popping thru the CAI. Then it died and I'm thinking I should of never done this. So I start it again. Runs bad but runs. After about 2 minutes its fine running smooth. I guess computer needs to adjust itself. Be nice if instruction sheet had mentioned that it could happen. I was nervous for abit. Anyhow took it for a ride. First thing I noticed were the firm& positive shifts(automatic) and downshifts. Not harsh or jerky. Throttle was very responsive. All guage readings were perfect. Havent tried the 91 Race tune yet. Saving that for the track in afew weeks.. Best ET stock is 12.92@109 mph. Thanks A M Very happy (so far) !

Quick Reply: Anyone tried the new Bama V2 tunes in a 2014 automatic?