Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

ANOTHER Petition To Sign About This EPA Banning Mods

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/16, 06:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
ANOTHER Petition To Sign About This EPA Banning Mods

This is the whitehouse.gov petition. Not the one that was going around yesterday. It need another 30K signatures as of right now.

Sign it!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...les-racecars-0
Old 2/10/16, 10:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
oh wow! Is that an order
Old 2/11/16, 05:59 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
113k signatures already! Well done everyone!
Old 2/11/16, 11:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorspo...ctually-means/

Y'all need to do research.
Old 2/13/16, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
http://www.motortrend.com/news/epas-...e-aftermarket/

A little indeed, yet it still bothers me.

Prepare:

It could mean the only time you can take a mustang to the road course or drag strip modified for going faster and for safety, meaning you would have to buy a cobra jet. Additionally you are looking at affecting a sector of our economy that is a multibillion dollar industry.

All you boss guys with the red key? Illegal.

I have two modifications to my car right now, that could be considered illegal under this.

Intakes, tunes, exhausts, fuel cells, etc. all illegal. Technically this could even be considered a k&n air filter. It is a modification of a certified engine.

Under this, they could state any modification performed on a tested and certified vehicle from a manufacture to be an unlawful act by federal law.

Interesting is the new way they are looking at it, would have made nascar illegal when the law was passed in the 70's.

EXCLAIMER: I hate the EPA in general. I despise federal government. So call me paranoid, cause I will always think the worst, and that they will take it as far as we will let them.

Always trying to take my guns and and cars.

Last edited by lowblustang00; 2/13/16 at 10:33 AM.
Old 2/13/16, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lowblustang00
http://www.motortrend.com/news/epas-...e-aftermarket/

A little indeed, yet it still bothers me.

Prepare:

It could mean the only time you can take a mustang to the road course or drag strip modified for going faster and for safety, meaning you would have to buy a cobra jet. Additionally you are looking at affecting a sector of our economy that is a multibillion dollar industry.

All you boss guys with the red key? Illegal.

I have two modifications to my car right now, that could be considered illegal under this.

Intakes, tunes, exhausts, fuel cells, etc. all illegal. Technically this could even be considered a k&n air filter. It is a modification of a certified engine.

Under this, they could state any modification performed on a tested and certified vehicle from a manufacture to be an unlawful act by federal law.

Interesting is the new way they are looking at it, would have made nascar illegal when the law was passed in the 70's.

EXCLAIMER: I hate the EPA in general. I despise federal government. So call me paranoid, cause I will always think the worst, and that they will take it as far as we will let them.

Always trying to take my guns and and cars.
Agreed on all counts. Laws like this leave too much for interpretation. And in my experience once the door is open even jus a crack it becomes very difficult to shut. Kind of like taxes. Once you approve a tax, which is the biggest hurdle, increasing it becomes easy. Once you have a law like this on the books, modifying it or expanding it becomes easy.

If you want to clean the air then maybe they should look at standardized emissions testing for all 50 States. That would have a much larger impact than the small demographic we represent. I see vehicles driving down the road all the time pumping out all kinds of white/gray smoke, and this is only what I can see. That doesn't count all of the vehicles that are polluting with all kinds of invisible gasses. At any rate. It's important the door stays shut. The EPA's authority is way too far over reaching. Look at the Water pollution incident in Colorado. It's far worse than what is taking place in Flint Michigan, and far more dangerous than our cars and the odd part of this all is that it was the EPA's fault it happened in the first place. We don't hear much about it anymore because the government doesn't want us to know. I mean gee the EPA are the good guys, right?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/10/us/col...e-river-spill/

Drop a frog in boiling water and it wants out right away and knows something is wrong. Drop it in luke warm water and slowly bring it to a boil and the frog doesn't realize it's being boiled to death. This is exactly what our government is doing to us each day. We are slowly being stripped of our freedom and rights and it's being done slowly. We say well that isn't too bad, or that isn't a big change, etc. Imagine it being 1980. Then jumping in a time machine to today. You would be appalled at the rights and freedoms we have lost. The fact that it has happened slowly over time makes it less offensive. Couple that together with the liberal media brainwashing the weak minded into thinking all of this is for the greater good and you have a recipe for disaster.

Last edited by 2014GHIGGT; 2/13/16 at 10:49 AM.
Old 2/13/16, 11:45 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
The days of car performance medications are numbered. The days of cars that don't drive themselves are numbered. They look at it like they own the roads and it's a privilege to let us drive on them. Even though we all paid for them. They forget they work for us. Instead it's we are all subjects of them.

The country has gone to ****.
Old 2/13/16, 01:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
The days of car performance medications are numbered. The days of cars that don't drive themselves are numbered. They look at it like they own the roads and it's a privilege to let us drive on them. Even though we all paid for them. They forget they work for us. Instead it's we are all subjects of them.

The country has gone to ****.
I actually do fear in my lifetime that it will be illegal to manually operate a vehicle on the public roads. I expect to live another 50 years.

I wonder which they will succeed first in? Taking my guns or my cars?
Old 2/13/16, 01:43 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by lowblustang00
I actually do fear in my lifetime that it will be illegal to manually operate a vehicle on the public roads. I expect to live another 50 years.
I wonder which they will succeed first in? Taking my guns or my cars?
I know, right?!?!? It's sickening.
Old 2/13/16, 02:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Oh, the cars, that's easy.

They just outlaw gas stations and distributing to the general public. Tada. Cars are gone. Only cars that work are solar/electric ones now. The gas ones get to sit around and rot away... or be converted, that'll be EPA/CARB legal, no problem, as long as they also drive themselves as a part of the permits.

I said this in another thread, so I'll say it here:

No, I'm never sure. I mean, the Supreme Court doesn't even know what a proper levy of tax is (re: Affordable Care Act) so who can be sure about anything these days?

All I know is that as long as my car is OEM, I'm good, and that's the way I pretty much deal with it. My suspension is still modded, my body is still modded, my interior is still modded, but the engine? Nope, not interested in screwin' with a perfectly working OEM motor, I ain't made of money and don't have time to play track days.

"She's fast enough for you, old man." - Han Solo.

---

That said, this is the OEMs doing the 'You can't mod our cars without our say so!' thing, coupled with the EPA and CARB wanting to 'clear the air' more, and also get better MPGs.

Everyone knows what needs to happen here... but will they do it? That's right, vote out the incumbents, all of them, that don't understand the situation.

Hasn't been happening in the past 30 years, seems...

---

And having said THAT... the reality is this:

Unless you can't pass emissions... how are they gonna know? Hm?

Mod to y'alls hearts content. Just be ready to pay the bill if it comes up, just like those who are under factory warranty and blow their motors up playing with them.

If you can't pay, you really shouldn't play.
And finally, this relevance from the EPA statements:

“This clarification does not affect EPA’s enforcement authority. It is still illegal to tamper with or defeat the emission control systems of motor vehicles. In the course of selecting cases for enforcement, the EPA has and will continue to consider whether the tampered vehicle is used exclusively for competition.

“The EPA remains primarily concerned with cases where the tampered vehicle is used on public roads, and more specifically with aftermarket manufacturers who sell devices that defeat emission control systems on vehicles used on public roads.”
So if they make something, and you use it, then it's on YOU. The manufacturer can make it all they want, and they have to put on the thing "Off Road Use Only" and they're covered.

YOU, on the other hand, use it? On the streets? Yep. EPA'll see ya in court.

If they find you. And they might, sure. Depends on how under the radar you can be, and/or how trustworthy your neighbors are.

And if the EPA/CARB is after the manufacturers themselves? Truly?

What idiots. Stifling perfectly good business of making race only parts. This is like saying they'd go after the manufacturers of sticks because people could make arrows out of them or something. Ain't gonna happen...

...well, I certainly hope not, anyway... because that'd be bedlam, and we need to be staging coups because the gubmint's gawn too dang fahr!

So in closing, I wish to say this: Good luck, EPA, finding them all. Because you won't, by a lot.

Have fun moddin', y'all. And get out and vote the proper people in who'll make this stupidness stop.

Last edited by houtex; 2/13/16 at 02:18 PM.
Old 2/13/16, 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by houtex
Oh, the cars, that's easy.

They just outlaw gas stations and distributing to the general public. Tada. Cars are gone. Only cars that work are solar/electric ones now. The gas ones get to sit around and rot away... or be converted, that'll be EPA/CARB legal, no problem.

I said this in another thread, so I'll say it here:

---

No, I'm never sure. I mean, the Supreme Court doesn't even know what a proper levy of tax is (re: Affordable Care Act) so who can be sure about anything these days?

All I know is that as long as my car is OEM, I'm good, and that's the way I pretty much deal with it. My suspension is still modded, my body is still modded, my interior is still modded, but the engine? Nope, not interested in screwin' with a perfectly working OEM motor, I ain't made of money and don't have time to play track days.

"She's fast enough for you, old man" - Han Solo.

---

That said, this is the OEMs doing the 'You can't mod our cars without our say so!' thing, coupled with the EPA and CARB wanting to 'clear the air' more, and also get better MPGs.

Everyone knows what needs to happen here... but will they do it? That's right, vote out the incumbents, all of them, that don't understand the situation.

Hasn't been happening in the past 30 years, seems...

---

And having said THAT... the reality is this:

Unless you can't pass emissions... how are they gonna know? Hm?

Mod to y'alls hearts content. Just be ready to pay the bill if it comes up, just like those who are under factory warranty and blow their motors up playing with them.

If you can't pay, you really shouldn't play.
Your right, I am sure the OEMS are somewhat supportive of this. Just like they were with the claiming ownership of the whole car, cause we just rent it idea (GM), over copyrights on lines of programming on the onboard computers.

For what ever little it has done, I have voted against all incumbents from the state level to the federal level, ever since I could vote. Even if I liked the individual incumbent, the only way I know to give a FU message to the establishment is to vote against them. The most I have ever done though, is just slightly narrow the margin of victory. Perhaps these winds of anti-establishment will blow long enough and hard enough this go around to effect change in this country. One can only hope.

Last edited by lowblustang00; 2/13/16 at 02:22 PM.
Old 2/18/16, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2014GHIGGT... I think you nailed it on the head with the boiling frog analogy.

A couple guys at work today mentioned the 1st world societies are being forced to become more neutered slowly and surely; less guns, less big engines, less free speech...

In 50 years I'll probably be in my rented apartment because land ownership will become illegal, driving a 3 wheel battery, and never see a gun, even in my (future) kid's video games because that promotes violence. Bikini's will be banned along with red meat because white meat is healthier and bathrooms will be for anyone.
Anyone see Wall-e or The Island?
Old 2/18/16, 08:21 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohn
2014GHIGGT... I think you nailed it on the head with the boiling frog analogy.

A couple guys at work today mentioned the 1st world societies are being forced to become more neutered slowly and surely; less guns, less big engines, less free speech...

In 50 years I'll probably be in my rented apartment because land ownership will become illegal, driving a 3 wheel battery, and never see a gun, even in my (future) kid's video games because that promotes violence. Bikini's will be banned along with red meat because white meat is healthier and bathrooms will be for anyone.
Anyone see Wall-e or The Island?

The island is exactly where we are headed with Bernie Sanders.

****ing communists.
Old 2/18/16, 09:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Vote to abolish the EPA. To much government. It's just a source for more fines which pay for their jobs. It's all about the $$$
Old 2/19/16, 07:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just go vote for Bernie Sanders. After he gets elected he's going to plant all those magic trees that grow all the free stuff that will take care of you from cradle to grave. It won't cost you much. All it will cost is your freedom, and you don't need that.