Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Alternate to Brembo Package

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/10, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Alternate to Brembo Package

If some of you don't like the Brembo wheels you could always use this:

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com.../m-2300-s2.htm

Just need to buy some tires.
Old 9/22/10, 07:23 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course you don't get the other upgrades that come with the brembo package if you were to go that way.
Old 9/22/10, 08:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

The only thing you don't get is the suspension tuning but you could always go aftermarket.

Mainly just posting this for those on the fence about either getting one package over another. I was deciding between the Brembos or the EP but am going with the Nav. bc I really don't want 19in wheels, and also bc this car will only be street driven.

I would personally buy the BP for the looks only. I like the wheels but it seems hard to find 19in tires
Old 9/24/10, 02:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SynisterGT
I really don't want 19in wheels, and also bc this car will only be street driven.
Be aware that unless you get 19" wheels you will not get a strut tower brace if you get a coupe. All convertibles now have the STB, but only the coupes with 19" wheels or Brembo pkg get the STB.

Are you aware that the Brembo pkg also provides a sportier "sport" setting on the AdvanceTrac? There really is a lot more to it than meets the eye, and when you consider any of the optional 19" non-Brembo wheels (like my optional Nickel Luster wheels) cost $1000 and are 8-1/2" wide, whereas the brembo package, with 9" wide wheels, includes the other content (in addition to the brembo brakes themselves) for only $695 more, there really is a lot of value to the BBP.

To your point that 19" tires are hard to find, the Tire Rack has my 245/45-19 P-Zero Nero A/S tires for $178 each, which i think is rather reasonable. It's the Brembo pkg 19" summer tires (255/40-19) that'll cost ya. They aren't hard to find if you have $$$. Good luck with that.

Last edited by Double-EDad; 9/24/10 at 02:34 PM.
Old 9/24/10, 03:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Be aware that unless you get 19" wheels you will not get a strut tower brace if you get a coupe. All convertibles now have the STB, but only the coupes with 19" wheels or Brembo pkg get the STB.

Are you aware that the Brembo pkg also provides a sportier "sport" setting on the AdvanceTrac? There really is a lot more to it than meets the eye, and when you consider any of the optional 19" non-Brembo wheels (like my optional Nickel Luster wheels) cost $1000 and are 8-1/2" wide, whereas the brembo package, with 9" wide wheels, includes the other content (in addition to the brembo brakes themselves) for only $695 more, there really is a lot of value to the BBP.

To your point that 19" tires are hard to find, the Tire Rack has my 245/45-19 P-Zero Nero A/S tires for $178 each, which i think is rather reasonable. It's the Brembo pkg 19" summer tires (255/40-19) that'll cost ya. They aren't hard to find if you have $$$. Good luck with that.
Forgot about the sport setting. Thanks for letting me know about it. I kinda wanna run the staggered setup like the 500 with possibily wider tires in the back.

I really don't know what I want, and don't have the $$$ for both the Brembo and Nav. I am still not sure what I am going to as I still have about 4 months til I place my order.

I may still end up with the BP bc it is cheaper than the Nav system but there are to many decisions to make.

Thanks for the info.
Old 9/24/10, 04:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Forgot about the sport setting. Thanks for letting me know about it. I kinda wanna run the staggered setup like the 500 with possibily wider tires in the back.

I really don't know what I want, and don't have the $$$ for both the Brembo and Nav. I am still not sure what I am going to as I still have about 4 months til I place my order.

I may still end up with the BP bc it is cheaper than the Nav system but there are to many decisions to make.

Thanks for the info.
You are very welcome! One final point - the non-Brembo GTs have a "sport" setting on their AdvanceTrac (I have a non-Brembo car) - I didn't find out about it except thru this forum. But I've read that the Brembo pkg Sport setting allows more agressive driving before it kicks in. A "Sportier" sport, if you will.
Old 9/26/10, 05:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Let's see spend $2000+ tax and shipping for the Brembo brakes and 18" wheels through FRPP (and then have to pay installation charges on top of it), and then still have to spend $800-1000 for good performance rubber for them
OR
just spend $1,695+ tax for the Brembo brake package from the factory and get lighter 19" wheels (not 18") with top flight summer rubber already attached (as well as the strut tower brace, and upgraded ECU and suspension tuning).

Hmmm
this FRPP kit seems like a "oops I wish I would of just gotten the BBP from the factory" option and because of that you are going to pay handsomely for that oversight.
Old 9/26/10, 05:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

As of right now I really have no idea what I want. I have however ruled out the Nav. system because I have a garmin in my current GT that I rarly use. I have decided to save the $2300+ and put it towards something else.

I may still end up with the BBP
Old 9/26/10, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am surprised by the value people attribute to Ford's packages. Not the money value that is there but the performance value. It is my experience that anything that comes from the factory is in the 1 to 3 range for up grades, after market bolt-ons go from 3 to 7 and serious custom upgrades can take you to 10.

That said the Brembos are really nice but since everything else is sub-par not worth the $1600 premium in my book.
Old 9/26/10, 09:03 PM

Please elaborate on what you find subpar about the wheels, tires, strut brace and the revised suspension tuning that are part of the package.
Old 9/27/10, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just think you can do better with parts from Steeda, Lethal, American, CDC, Strano....
Old 9/28/10, 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

See this thread, post #43. https://themustangsource.com/f800/br...487842/index3/
Old 9/28/10, 05:28 PM

It seems there are three camps here with regard to the Brembo package. Those that got it, those that just don't get it and those that wish they did.
Old 9/29/10, 10:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by sam strano
Thanks. That helped me out a lot.

Originally Posted by hand-filer
It seems there are three camps here with regard to the Brembo package. Those that got it, those that just don't get it and those that wish they did.
We don't know what 2012 will bring, which is what I'm ordering. Maybe, but I doubt it, Ford will make the Brembo's std. Then I won't have to decide.
Old 9/30/10, 10:10 AM

If you are going to do it that way...then include a segment that examined it, realized it wouldn't fit their needs and knew the money was better spent on aftermarket parts. Put me in that category.
Old 10/2/10, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

We don't know what 2012 will bring, which is what I'm ordering. Maybe, but I doubt it, Ford will make the Brembo's std. Then I won't have to decide.
That would never, ever happen.
That would just increase the base price of the GT by $1700 minimum and that would drive away a lot of buyers who can't afford that additional money or don't want or feel they need the BBP.

If ANYTHING, it will be the other way. The Brembo brake package has been MORE popular than Ford expected, with a higher percentage people ordering the car with that package than they anticipated.
More demand more often than not = you pay more for it.
Old 10/2/10, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
I am surprised by the value people attribute to Ford's packages. Not the money value that is there but the performance value. It is my experience that anything that comes from the factory is in the 1 to 3 range for up grades, after market bolt-ons go from 3 to 7 and serious custom upgrades can take you to 10.

That said the Brembos are really nice but since everything else is sub-par not worth the $1600 premium in my book.
Please elaborate on what you find subpar about the wheels, tires, strut brace and the revised suspension tuning that are part of the package.
Originally Posted by 908ssp
I just think you can do better with parts from Steeda, Lethal, American, CDC, Strano....
I agree with hand-filler here.
What exactly is "better" about parts from a small company like Steeda or Lethal that is so much better than parts from a large company?
Many of the "parts" 908 is calling subpar is made by established companies that have way higher standards of quality control than the smaller aftermarket companies do.
The BBP wheels are not just some cheap **** wheels whipped up by some company in China. And the Pirelli max performance tires they come with aren't some moderate level all season tire that the non-BBP tire come with. And I think we all know the value and quality of Brembo brakes.

Usually those bashing on the BBP and it's very fair (actually cheap) cost for what you get are envious buyers who wish they would of got it.
If you don't need or want the BBP that's perfectly fine, but those who truly feel that way clearly have no need or feel they need to bash on the package.

Last edited by Driver72; 10/3/10 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10/3/10, 10:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Does Ford put heavy duty strut mounts on? No. Does Ford replace even one soft rubber bushing in any location? No. Does Ford put a rear bar on without the heavier front bar? No. Does Ford lower the car in any significant way? No. ....

Ford factory packages usually are geared to as wide an audience as possible. Nothing wrong with that the widest audience is not going to want to drive a road race car on the street. So by better I meant more race like. Your right "better" is really a poor description and very nebulous. If you commute in your car a Ford setup might be "better " for you. I don't commute my Mustang is purely a toy so I can compromise for a sharper edge than Ford is willing to do.
Old 10/4/10, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
I agree with hand-filler here.
What exactly is "better" about parts from a small company like Steeda or Lethal that is so much better than parts from a large company?
Many of the "parts" 908 is calling subpar is made by established companies that have way higher standards of quality control than the smaller aftermarket companies do.
The BBP wheels are not just some cheap **** wheels whipped up by some company in China. And the Pirelli max performance tires they come with aren't some moderate level all season tire that the non-BBP tire come with. And I think we all know the value and quality of Brembo brakes.

Usually those bashing on the BBP and it's very fair (actually cheap) cost for what you get are envious buyers who wish they would of got it.
If you don't need or want the BBP that's perfectly fine, but those who truly feel that way clearly have no need or feel they need to bash on the package.
This is sticky... Here's the way I see it. If Ford was perfect and gave us all exactly what we wanted---then there would be an awful lot more bone stock Mustangs out there. And most "ford racing" parts are in fact AFTERMARKET not Ford at all. Eibach makes their springs and bars, Tokico makes a lot of the dampers. The Ford Racing intake on the Shelby GT? A Steeda part.

The stock wheels are classic. Strong? Yes--but also weigh a metric ton! Cheap to make something strong and heavy, not as cheap to make strong and light. Same with suspension parts, it costs more money to get more advanced items.
Old 10/5/10, 11:11 AM
V6 Member

Since I plan on keeping this car a long time...I'm waiting a bit on mods to get comfortable with what the stock car can do. I'm thinking maybe a set of GT500 18" wheels with some 255/45/18, better springs/struts and if needed, a brake upgrade.

Part of the fun of owning a Mustang is the huge amount of (often better) stuff available outside the factory OEM and being able to personalize our rides.

Last edited by Drew2000; 10/6/10 at 11:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Alternate to Brembo Package