Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2013 Top Dog Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/12, 05:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2013 Top Dog Mustang

The unofficial name of what my Mustang will become. JPC Racing in Maryland is working with me for a custom mod set-up and I'm utilizing a bunch of their in-house custom parts. These guys are insane! I love their customer service and the fact they are race-proven, in-house developers and specialize in Mustangs.

It helps they're only 30 minutes from my place, too.

We're building a naturally-aspirated 500RWHP mustang engine off of the Coyote. Frankly, we're aiming to kill that RoadRunner engine in the Boss. I don't even know what we'd call this thing... the Roadrunner beats the Coyote, so what beats the Roadrunner? The Tazmanian Devil engine?

Anyway, it'll consist of custom cylinder heads, camshafts, and long tube headers. Then we'll be using Ford parts like the Boss intake manifold, Boss quad exhaust, head gaskets and bolts, and topping it all off with the JLT Carbon Fiber CAI, Dynotech Aluminium Driveshaft, and a custom 93 octane tune.

This is a lot of work, because beyond changing the engine an insane amout we're trying to keep it mildly tamed as a daily driver. The tune will be a big part of this.

Lastly, it's not all engine work. At this point my Roush and FRPP suspension parts will be put on and fine-tuned, as well. It's going to be an amazing ride.

Don't forget I have videos of my over-the-top racing stripes coming soon! Right after I change my grilles to the CS grilles and put on the 2013 Boss/CS splitter.

Last edited by 13TrackPack; 4/13/12 at 05:57 PM.
Old 4/13/12, 05:42 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
no one every pays me in gum
Old 4/13/12, 05:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang
no one every pays me in gum
Mow my lawn, I'll pay you in gum.
Old 4/13/12, 05:47 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, that sucks, doesn't it?!?!

To clarify, 500RWHP is doable with the parts we have, but to keep the engine smooth and streetable we'll probably cap off at 475-480, honestly.

Still, i'm looking forward to this option much more than just supercharging the stock Coyote. I like having something N/A, and custom, and unique.
Old 4/13/12, 05:47 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

deal! now bring me your lawn
Old 4/13/12, 05:48 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 13TrackPack

To clarify, 500RWHP is doable with the parts we have, but to keep the engine smooth and streetable we'll probably cap off at 475-480, honestly.

Still, i'm looking forward to this option much more than just supercharging the stock Coyote. I like having something N/A, and custom, and unique.
so what parts are being changed?
Old 4/13/12, 05:50 PM
V6 Member

Ummm... everything mentioned in the first post. Geez, fella!
Old 4/15/12, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice, did you go with this: http://store.jpcracing.com/TOP-DOG-J...GE_p_1607.html? Keeping the stock throttle body?

Last edited by Ivan 5.0; 4/15/12 at 06:28 PM.
Old 4/19/12, 09:07 AM
V6 Member

Sounds like this car is going to be a badass ride!!
Old 5/13/12, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 13TrackPack

There's plenty of guys out there pushing well over 500RWHP and still have excellent street driveability. It's all in the tune. Good luck with the build. Keep us updated.
Old 5/19/12, 04:39 PM
V6 Member

Check out my thread. If you build your short block Deck Plate /bore cylinders, balance rotating assembly with new forged parts line bore etc polish the crank. . . you will have a racing engine that in and of itself will give you 20-25 extra horsepower than stock. expensive but worth it.

That way you don't need to drive it around at 480-490 rwhp I drive this car on this tune and it is very safe. I believe it would be fine on stock internals but I am convinced I would not be achieving these numbers on 91 pump gas with out building out the short block

ENGINE: Short block: deck plated / line bored, forged rods, Wiseco forged pistons all balanced and recorded. Crank balanced and polished. Oil Squirters removed Piston and rods good to 1000HP

Heads: Livernois porting, Boss Valve Springs (Good to 8000 rpm)

Cams: Comp Stage two Cams

Manifold: Boss Manifold/ Steeda Cold Air Intake

Exhaust: Kook Long Tubes, x-pipe, borla

Cooling: Salleen Grille, Ford Racing Vented Hood (Extremely Important) Boss Engine Oil Cooler, Fluidyne Radiator on the way.
Boss Oil Pan.

Transmission/drivetrain: Torsen T2r Differential (4-1) Bias ratio (awesome), Barton Shifter and Shifter Bracket (Stout).

Brakes: Front Brembos, Hawk pads, Full Tilt Front Brake rotors (7-8 lbs lighter than oem)

Suspension. BMR rear Lower Control Arms, Relocation Brackets, Steeda Sport Springs, Koni Yellows (adjustable), MM Caster Camber Plates, Steeda BumpSteer kit, Steeda Ball joints, Strano front adjustable sway bar 35.5 mm. Rears sway 24 mm

Wheels: 19x9 Forgestar F-14s (26lbs 5 lbs less than stock), 19x10 (25 lbs) 275/40/19 Pirellis on rear.

The interior is full black and Blue Alcantara Suede which covers not only the front and rear seats but also the dash, doors, and shifter console.

The shift boot, and parking break boot are both matching black and blue and are made of soft Italian Leather from Redline Sporting Goods.

The shift ball is black with a rally flag embedded in it.

Dynamatted floor pan and doors, transmission tunnel, entire trunk, 1/2 inch foam sound padding under front carpeting and in trunk. Extra thick "Ford Racing" Carpets in front and thick "Ford Racing" Carpeting in Trunk. This car is loud on the outside but civilized and quiet on the inside.

Inside,This car feels stout like an extremely high powered German Sports Car and it should because by now it has cost as much. The inside looks better than Mazerati. I'll post pictures tomorrow and you can argue if I am wrong. Even though I dynamatted the vehicle it weighs the same as when stock due to the fact that I have compensated by taking weight off in other areas.

If you drive this car and feel what it is like to be able to use the entire powerband with stout torque in the lower rpms you will not inquire about why no blower. This is not a stoplight to stoplight car, although it will kick *** in that area if necessary. This car is for Mountain Roads and Desert Highways.

I anticipate No blown engine, good past 100,000 miles I am willing to bet, less overheating issues at the track and I have 200 more horsepower than an excellent stock engine.

Yeah I probably spent more on this car than what it costs but I designed its look and directed its development to be something different than a regular hot rod. Custom. . . all engine high revving!

Last edited by lawman; 5/19/12 at 04:42 PM.
Old 5/19/12, 05:23 PM
GT Member

this is music to my ears!
Old 5/19/12, 09:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
The JPC pakage is bad *** but I am curious what you could do with a more agressive cam instead of the regrinds that JPC uses. Although for regrinded cams they are pretty BAD ***!!!
Old 5/20/12, 07:09 AM
Bullitt Member

I know the 2013's did this but what is the purpose of removing the oil squirters? I've seen tuned 11/12/13's dyno roughly the same. Some a little more than others but nothing to do with year models. 13's aren't dynoing more than the 11/12's once they're all tuned. I see the 13's being tuned a hair more aggressive from the factory but nothing else.
Old 5/20/12, 07:17 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
By removing the oil squirters and adding the piston cooling coating the theory is that this was cheaper for Ford and it fixed the reliability issue with the 5.0s. We will never know as the number of popped #8's is within sigmas six limits and Ford hasn't said there is a flaw with the 5.0.