5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2012 Mustang GT Power Upgrade Package w/ Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/12, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting info.

Does anybody have the Ford Racing Power Upgrade installed and can share some experiences compared to the stock tune?
Old 5/12/12, 03:31 PM

I just had the Ford Racing Power upgrade put on my car yesterday by Brandon Ford in Florida. The car has better acceleration, you don't have to wait unitl 3500 RPM to reach the power band, and the red line has also been raised. The car just seems to be so much more responsive and faster. I did a lot of research on ALL tunes from various companies, and many of them were fantasitc. But, I went with Ford Racing because the car is not a daily driver and I was able to retain a warranty. If I had to pick a close second it would have been the Steeda tune, but I am VERY happy with the Ford Racing one.

2012 GT Premium 5.0 - Kona Blue - FRPP axlebacks - FRPP Tune
Old 2/9/13, 12:58 AM
V6 Member

salu wieder mal! Hast du mittlerweile das powerpack oder was anderes? vili grüess max ps: ich zumindest musste beim kauf/eigenimport unterschreiben dass ich keine garantie habe auf das auto.
Old 2/9/13, 05:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 2/9/13, 07:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SCT tuner, JLT cold air intake. 85MM throttle body. Ford Racing x pipe and gt500 mufflers. It worked for me.
Old 2/9/13, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by maxmustang
salu wieder mal! Hast du mittlerweile das powerpack oder was anderes? vili grüess max ps: ich zumindest musste beim kauf/eigenimport unterschreiben dass ich keine garantie habe auf das auto.
Siehe Signatur
Wie meinst du das mit "keine Garantie"? Wegen dem Power Pack? Meine Garantie ist intakt.

Apologies for the German stuff
Old 2/10/13, 02:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by soldknow
....In drive with sportmode on, it is hard to not squeel the tires and it catches second and not just a bark.
The shifting (Leaving it in drive or doing a little manual shifting) is 100% noticably harder and quicker.
I cant see where that would be good for transmission/driveline longevity.....Sounds pretty crude to me.
Old 2/10/13, 02:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Any thoughts on a CAI/Tune to help provide additional HP? Our Steeda tune will change the shift points for the better.

The Steeda CAI/Tune have seen gains of up to 44HP/52ft lbs of torque. With your GT 500 Mufflers this could even see more.

Take a look for yourself and see if you are interested, and if you are PM me for pricing.

Best Regards

TJ

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-5...ir-intake.html
How are the shift points changed for the better?
Old 2/10/13, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by kws6000

How are the shift points changed for the better?
Blink....?
Old 4/6/13, 12:28 PM
GT Member

Any canned tune can NOT improve your car as much as a real tune, on the dyno rollers, and adjusted every 100rpm. Believe me...I've had AM/BAMA and they were WAY, WAY off.
Old 4/6/13, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a 2012 GT manual and I dyno tuned it with the SCT tuner. Keep in mind I installed a Steeda CAI, Ceramic long tube headers, high flow cats, 3 in X-pipe, 3in over axel pipes and Borla Atak axel backs. After all that, it made 62 rwhp more. From 350 rwhp to 413 rwhp on a 90 degree day. You definately feel the differance, but it takes a lot to create that much HP, unless you wanna SuperCharge it. Then there is no comparison, but big bucks !!!!
Old 4/6/13, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SwissGT
Well, I guess there are 'better' tunes available than the Ford one.
But I'm not after getting the maximum in top end hp. It's the low and mid range torque improvement I'm interested in.

The Ford pack also doesn't void the warranty which is important to me as well, at least as long as the car's warranty is still in effect.
With the extensive testing now on these coyotes there really shouldn't be any worry on blowing your engine. An SCT tuner and tune from a reputable tuner will give you the performance you want (high to low end) along with great drivability.
A lot of individuals worry about the warranty being voided from a tune, this is not entirely true. If you receive engine damage due to a tune then you're SOL. If you want to talk about it give me a call or call any tuners out there. Lund, VMP and AED can give you their honest opinion in what you want without trying to sell you something.
I hope this helps a little. I'd advise doing a remote tune from a company. The reason being, while datalogging and speaking directly with your tuner will help you gain a little bit of knowledge and experience on some of the basics of tuning. Like I said, give me a shout if you have any questions.
Old 4/12/13, 07:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Music man in Pcola
Any canned tune can NOT improve your car as much as a real tune, on the dyno rollers, and adjusted every 100rpm. Believe me...I've had AM/BAMA and they were WAY, WAY off.
My vmp tune was spot on. Did three pulls two days in a row and all data logs were perfect. The tuner said there was no need to adjust or revise anything. I sent the logs to vmp and Justin said the same thing.