Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2011 5.0 lowerd

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/10, 09:10 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 5.0 lowerd

I just got my car lowered. i put on 2005-10 koni srt shocks and struts along with gt 500 upper strut mounts and i used FRPP 1.5 in springs.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 5.0 lowerd-01.jpg   2011 5.0 lowerd-02.jpg   2011 5.0 lowerd-03.jpg   2011 5.0 lowerd-img00093-20100903-1617.jpg  

Last edited by blk5.0; 9/3/10 at 09:14 PM.
Old 9/3/10, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks good, hoping to lower my car soon as well. Did the ride quality suffer at all?
Old 9/3/10, 10:57 PM
V6 Member

rides not to bad it is a bit bouncy. over all i like it
Old 9/4/10, 08:11 AM
V6 Member

That stance looks perfect to me. I'm thinking about going with the same setup. How much did the rear end shift?
Old 9/4/10, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm glad I ordered and am getting the 1" drop.
Sorry but to me it looks like you have two fat-asses sitting in the back seat along with a trunk full of groceries. A bit too low for my tastes.
Old 9/4/10, 11:18 AM

Were the GT500 upper strut mounts from a 2010 model?
Old 9/4/10, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks great. Do you have any problems getting over speed bumps with the new set up?
Old 9/4/10, 03:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cdog1157
Were the GT500 upper strut mounts from a 2010 model?

Probably. The after-market front struts require the use of the 2010 or earlier mounts as Ford made a change on the new models and the after-market people haven't caught up yet.

Originally Posted by Driver72
Sorry but to me it looks like you have two fat-asses sitting in the back seat along with a trunk full of groceries. A bit too low for my tastes.

I am happy with my 1' drop also, but this poster's stance looks perfect to me. Maybe 1/4" spacers might set it off nicely.

I think we are all interested in whether you needed an adjustable panhard rod after the drop. Let us know as there is a lot of discussion on this.

Enjoy your ride. Looks great.

Cheers.
Old 9/4/10, 04:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Nemo, I will surely let you all know if I needed the adjustable panhard bar.
I will ask the installers how far out (if any) the rear end was after the drop.
The bummer is the springs and bar won't come in until the week of Sept 13th and the earliest I can have them installed is Sept 18th. But now I may have to work that Saturday, which means the following Saturday before install. Wish the shop had the springs and panhard bar in stock otherwise it would be done right now.
Old 9/4/10, 04:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Driver72, I'm sure you're a great guy but, I really don't get why people have to make things so derogatory. You finish it perfectly with, "A bit too low for my tastes." Done, well expressed and with good taste!

Why do so many people feel compelled to go with something like, "Sorry but to me it looks like you have two fat-asses sitting in the back...." If you were really sorry, you could have left that out.

This is a mans car. It's a great looking car. One that he is brining to the source to share with his online compadres. Give an honest opinion, but be kind. Saying, "I'm sorry but," doesn't mitigate the slam.

On American Idol, Simon used to start with, "Not to be rude...." Then he would proceed to be astoundingly rude. It's like, "Nothing personal but, you're mother is a *****." Sure, why would anyone think that's personal?

Sorry rant over.

Nice looking drop, it is a little low for my tastes, but I'm sure you're enjoying the hell out of it! Come to think of it, mine being stock, is likely a little high for your tastes.
Old 9/4/10, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by eric n
Driver72, I'm sure you're a great guy but, I really don't get why people have to make things so derogatory. You finish it perfectly with, "A bit too low for my tastes." Done, well expressed and with good taste!

Why do so many people feel compelled to go with something like, "Sorry but to me it looks like you have two fat-asses sitting in the back...." If you were really sorry, you could have left that out.

This is a mans car. It's a great looking car. One that he is brining to the source to share with his online compadres. Give an honest opinion, but be kind. Saying, "I'm sorry but," doesn't mitigate the slam.

On American Idol, Simon used to start with, "Not to be rude...." Then he would proceed to be astoundingly rude. It's like, "Nothing personal but, you're mother is a *****." Sure, why would anyone think that's personal?

Sorry rant over.

Nice looking drop, it is a little low for my tastes, but I'm sure you're enjoying the hell out of it! Come to think of it, mine being stock, is likely a little high for your tastes.
There is a difference in saying, "not to be rude" and then going ahead and being rude and saying "sorry" and then disagreeing.
That just lets someone know you aren't being rude just politely disagreeing.
The two fat-asses and trunk full of groceries is the explanation as to why I disagreed.
My opinion and response was kind. And for it to be honest, one needs to be honest. Being "polite" just means, "I'm going to censor my views and speech so I don't hurt any fragile mentalities.
As you said, this is a "man's car". So I'm sure he and anybody else can take a man's opinion and point of view like a man.
If he was a 16 year old girl, then I could understand a fragility and I would of been a bit more censored in my point of view.

It was also an analogy used with a bit of humor to get the point specifically across.

If people always want 100% approval and your back slapped all the time, you ask the opinion of your mama and grandmama.
A differing point of view with an exact truthful response is lacking in this overly PC country.
It's always refreshing when someone is a straight shooter. It's downright foolish to ask others points of view, only to not like it when it's not exactly what you wanted or differs from what you had hoped. If you don't want differing opinions, don't ask or post pics, or again, just ask your mama and grandmama, they'll most certainly always give you the answers you desire to hear.

Last edited by Driver72; 9/4/10 at 04:57 PM.
Old 9/4/10, 05:55 PM
V6 Member

What about it blk5.0? Were your feelings hurt?

Cheers.
Old 9/4/10, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nemosgt
Probably. The after-market front struts require the use of the 2010 or earlier mounts as Ford made a change on the new models and the after-market people haven't caught up yet.

I am happy with my 1' drop also, but this poster's stance looks perfect to me. Maybe 1/4" spacers might set it off nicely.

I think we are all interested in whether you needed an adjustable panhard rod after the drop. Let us know as there is a lot of discussion on this.

Enjoy your ride. Looks great.

Cheers.
15mm spacers Just right. Check it out....
https://themustangsource.com/f726/st...pacers-486990/
Old 9/4/10, 06:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Personnaly, i think it is a little low with those size tires. You need some meat out back for sure, then it will look 100 times better. With the crappy roads we have over here, no way in the world could i even think going with a 1.5" drop.
Old 9/4/10, 06:10 PM
Bullitt Member

There is a difference in saying, "not to be rude" and then going ahead and being rude and saying "sorry" and then disagreeing.
That just lets someone know you aren't being rude just politely disagreeing.
The two fat-asses and trunk full of groceries is the explanation as to why I disagreed.
My opinion and response was kind. And for it to be honest, one needs to be honest. Being "polite" just means, "I'm going to censor my views and speech so I don't hurt any fragile mentalities.
As you said, this is a "man's car". So I'm sure he and anybody else can take a man's opinion and point of view like a man.
If he was a 16 year old girl, then I could understand a fragility and I would of been a bit more censored in my point of view.

It was also an analogy used with a bit of humor to get the point specifically across.

If people always want 100% approval and your back slapped all the time, you ask the opinion of your mama and grandmama.
A differing point of view with an exact truthful response is lacking in this overly PC country.
It's always refreshing when someone is a straight shooter. It's downright foolish to ask others points of view, only to not like it when it's not exactly what you wanted or differs from what you had hoped. If you don't want differing opinions, don't ask or post pics, or again, just ask your mama and grandmama, they'll most certainly always give you the answers you desire to hear.
Kinda sorta have to agree with this. I posted pics over a week ago, - had over 100 views and not one comment. Will someone please comment? If you tell me it looks like crap, I'll be happy
https://themustangsource.com/f726/st...pacers-486990/
Old 9/4/10, 06:26 PM
V6 Member

well to be honest i really dont care what ppl say. my feelings were not hurt. once i get rims it will look 100 times better.

not to sure how far the rear end shifted. i need to get an aliened but they said to wait a week.

i got the gt 500 upper strut mounts from cj pony there the 05-10 yr mounts
Old 9/4/10, 07:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by blk5.0
well to be honest i really dont care what ppl say. my feelings were not hurt. once i get rims it will look 100 times better.

not to sure how far the rear end shifted. i need to get an aliened but they said to wait a week.

i got the gt 500 upper strut mounts from cj pony there the 05-10 yr mounts
What wheels are u getting, and in what size ? The alignment will not tell you how much the rear end shifted, you need to measure the distance from top of wheel lip fender to center of wheel. You definately should get a Panhard bar as most likely your rear end will have shifted at least 1/4 inch.
Old 9/4/10, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by blk5.0
well to be honest i really dont care what ppl say. my feelings were not hurt.
Good cuz if they were, I'd say you were a 16 year old girl.
Wheels will def help too. curb scraping drop and skinny wheels are about as appealing as an anorexic girl with short hair and braces.
Old 9/4/10, 07:32 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a little too low for my tastes. I think the 1" cleans up the gap just right.
Old 9/5/10, 12:02 AM
V6 Member

the photos were also taken on a slope so rear end looks lower. tomorrow is a mustang cruise to Austin and i will have better pics of the car cleaned and in a better location

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 lowerd