Notices
4.6L GT Modifications Place to discuss the 4.6L 2010 motor based modifcations.

SCT X4 noob with tune load questions

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/17, 07:05 AM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
SCT X4 noob with tune load questions

Bought my car (2010 supercharged Roush) a couple of moths ago and it would not pass emissions. So I took it to tuner where he tuned to pass emissions. The car passed, which was great. Now I want to put the old 'power' tune back in, which the tuner had saved and loaded into a SCT X4 which I bought from him. I loaded a couple of his emission tunes already and they went right into the car without any options to make any changes, the tunes just loaded straight in.

However, when I go to revert back to the old 'power' tune, I am presented with a couple of screens where I can make adjustments. Here's the first screen:

If I simply select "APPROVE" will it load the old tune back in exactly as it was saved by the tuner?

And do these screens give me options to change things? For instance, it's on "GLOBAL SPARK" in the pic.... if I wanted to add 2 degrees of timing to the entire spark map, I would change the zero to a +2, and this would change the whole map?

Any changes I make would only be applicable to this tune one time? In other words, I would not be modifying the actual tune stored on the SCT device?

Thanks for any help, or maybe point me in right direction to get answers.
Car description: 2010 Roush 'Hammer', Kona blue, 'P51' 4.6L engine, 2.3L Roush TVS, T56 Magnum XL, 625whp