Notices
4.6L GT Modifications Place to discuss the 4.6L 2010 motor based modifcations.

My Torch Red 2010

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/10, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Torch Red 2010

Hey guys, I have been gone for a while, but am now back. I had a 2006 mustang GT with GT500 spoiler, JLT intake with Bama tunes, Steeda Ultralites, black FR50 wheels. I really liked the car, but in the fall of 09 I convinced myself that I wanted an SUV.

So, in January 2010 I traded the mustang for a 2009 Nissan Xterra 4wd. While I liked the Xterra, I finally came to realize that I wouldn't really use the truck the way I had envisioned. Add to that every modded mustang I saw made me long for mine back. So, in June I traded the Xterra in for a 2010 Torch Red Mustang GT base model. Being upside down on the Xterra limited me to a 2010 base model because it is all I can afford. But, I got the most important part for me, the engine and transmission. I LOVE being back in the mustang!! I realized that I will HAVE to have a sports car if I can only have one car.

This weekend I installed some Roush Extreme Lowering Springs. I did this myself with the help of a friend. I was easier than I expected, although it took us a long time. WE could not get the strut mount nut off, so we finally gave up and took the struts to Sears and they hit them with the impact wrench. I love the look of the car now, and the ride feels no different than stock to me.

Here are some pics, sorry I don't have any before pics.

I plan on another JLT and Bama in December, Hurst shifter, Steeda CMCV pluds, UPDs, CDC chin spoiler, Roush side skirts, GT500 rear valance, and maybe a new stereo depending on how the scosche dash kit looks and costs. I will also probably put gears in for my birthday in April, can't decide on 4.10 or 3.73 though. Luckily I have a while to think about it.
Old 7/19/10, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hatchttu
Hey guys, I have been gone for a while, but am now back. I had a 2006 mustang GT with GT500 spoiler, JLT intake with Bama tunes, Steeda Ultralites, black FR50 wheels. I really liked the car, but in the fall of 09 I convinced myself that I wanted an SUV.

So, in January 2010 I traded the mustang for a 2009 Nissan Xterra 4wd. While I liked the Xterra, I finally came to realize that I wouldn't really use the truck the way I had envisioned. Add to that every modded mustang I saw made me long for mine back. So, in June I traded the Xterra in for a 2010 Torch Red Mustang GT base model. Being upside down on the Xterra limited me to a 2010 base model because it is all I can afford. But, I got the most important part for me, the engine and transmission. I LOVE being back in the mustang!! I realized that I will HAVE to have a sports car if I can only have one car.

This weekend I installed some Roush Extreme Lowering Springs. I did this myself with the help of a friend. I was easier than I expected, although it took us a long time. WE could not get the strut mount nut off, so we finally gave up and took the struts to Sears and they hit them with the impact wrench. I love the look of the car now, and the ride feels no different than stock to me.

Here are some pics, sorry I don't have any before pics.

I plan on another JLT and Bama in December, Hurst shifter, Steeda CMCV pluds, UPDs, CDC chin spoiler, Roush side skirts, GT500 rear valance, and maybe a new stereo depending on how the scosche dash kit looks and costs. I will also probably put gears in for my birthday in April, can't decide on 4.10 or 3.73 though. Luckily I have a while to think about it.
Sweet! Us '10 owners need to stick together hahaha
Old 7/20/10, 02:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,019 Posts
Looks great!

Have you had any problems with ground clearance on driveways or hills and such? I'm thinking that the lowering springs might be on my list, but I already have some minor problems with the front hitting on a few steep driveway entrances.

Also, seems like a kinda silly question since I imagine they have this covered, but what about front tire clearance in the wheel-wells, like when turning and hitting a bump at the same time?
Old 7/20/10, 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I have not had any clearance issues at all.
Old 8/2/10, 10:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Gotta love Torch Red ! Congrats!
Old 8/3/10, 10:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Karrnutt, I must admit, Your car has become the inspiration for mine. I just got the hood spears in today, but they are full solid black, no pinstripes. I will eventually get a CDC chin too. I will go a different route for the wheels though.
Old 8/4/10, 08:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hatchttu
Thanks Karrnutt, I must admit, Your car has become the inspiration for mine. I just got the hood spears in today, but they are full solid black, no pinstripes. I will eventually get a CDC chin too. I will go a different route for the wheels though.

That's great ! Everyone has to do what suits their "mental mustang image" . Can't wait to see how she turns out!

Last edited by karrnutt; 8/4/10 at 08:25 AM. Reason: repetition