Notices
4.6L GT Modifications Place to discuss the 4.6L 2010 motor based modifcations.

I want deletes or stingers but no drone...possible?

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/11, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want deletes or stingers but no drone...possible?

I've seen a couple vids with the FRPP stingers and like the sound outside and the inside too...I really dont want to get the drone that I had on my 2006 with the muffler deletes back. But it's not quite muffler deletes...

On my 06, I did love the muffler deletes noise outside and around town jaunts were great...lots of compliments...but the few longer trips in it convinced me that my 06 with the deletes was definitely not a good trip car because of the drone.

The stock exhaust on my 2010 GT (substantially quieter than my 06 all around!) has no drone at all....this has convinced me to take it on a summer road trip.

That being said, the stock mufflers suck and needs changed out. So far the only one I've seen that shows interior noise with no drone has been the FRPP stingers (which I cant find for my 2010?)

Im totally open to suggestions. Basically I want my cake and eat it too...sweet open sounding outside like the muffler deletes or stingers...but absolutely zero drone. Can it be done? If you can produce sound clips or video...heck I'll even call you if you want to play over the phone (did this for a guy in TX on my deletes once!)

Im gonna bolt these on myself, so nothing that I gotta take to the muffler shop nor modify factory hangers or weld... I appreciate your suggestions!
Old 2/26/11, 09:06 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well IMHO I would take a serious look at KR mufflers. They are what I'm running, I have zero drone and quite a nice tone. They can get loud enough when you hammer on it thou nothing will be as loud as deletes.