Notices
Sterling Gray Sterling Gray 2010+ Mustangs

New to me Sterling Gray GT saddle leather convertible M82 owner in Tucson, AZ!

Old 6/30/14, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to me Sterling Gray GT saddle leather convertible M82 owner in Tucson, AZ!

Hi all,

Last Friday afternoon I drove up to Phoenix/Scottsdale to pick up my first Mustang. I had immediate buyer's remorse. I still have some but it's getting better by the day.

As you can see by the title, it's a used (7K miles) 2014 Mustang GT convertible manual sterling gray with brown saddle leather interior.

This is the greatest vehicle I have ever owned!

I previously had a third generation F-Body that I bought in 1997, which I still love. I think that the 3rd Gen F-Bodies are still some of the sexiest cars on the road. My 1992 Trans Am had a 350 and an automatic transmission. I swapped in a T5 many years ago and loved the hell out of it. Then the car sat because I had other priorities and not enough cash to work on the car.

In the meantime, I had a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT which I traded in when I bought this Mustang GT. That was a great vehicle. Hauled myself and my family around in comfort and power wherever we had to go. However, as the kids god older, for the past few years I realized I was driving by myself or to lunch with a single co-worker 99% of the time I was in the Magnum.

Last August, my wife almost bought a V6 Camaro convertible. She was ready to buy it then and there but we agreed that she should sleep on it. The next morning we returned to purchase the Camaro but I convinced her that she should at least test drive a similar Mustang to at least compare the two. She test drove a V6 Mustang convertible that Carmax had on the lot and she was hooked. She picked out a 2013 V6 auto convertible mustang and has been thrilled ever since.

I really appreciated the quality of her car overall and I quickly realized I was missing out on a lot of fun.

My friend in TX bought a 2012 Mustang GT in that same time frame for a great price and would not shut up about it.

I started looking around 9 months ago for my own curiosity. I decided I wanted at GT/CS, mostly for the wing and wheels. After thinking on it recently I decided the GT/CS wasn't a requirement since it was mostly appearance and interior differences.

After getting some CELs on the Magnum and with registration coming up, I decided that it was time for the Magnum to go.

I drove up to Phoenix last Friday to see the car. I had horrible dealer experience that I will make sure I let people know of when the survey arrives.

Regardless, I am now the proud owner of a 2014 Sterling Gray Mustang GT Convertible with saddle leather interior and a manual transmission. I fell in love the second I saw that color combination in person. The wheels that came with it just put it over the top.

I am attaching 3 pics from the dealer sales website plus a pony lamp pic I took the second I parked it at home because I was so excited.

I hope to get some much better pics in the very near future to share with you all.

Talk to you all soon!
Attached Thumbnails New to me Sterling Gray GT saddle leather convertible M82 owner in Tucson, AZ!-9yunses.jpg  
Attached Images    
Old 6/30/14, 03:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Congrats from a saddle sibling! I love the interior color. Never seen it on a grey before, pretty snazzy.
Old 6/30/14, 05:05 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Dirk92GTA
Last Friday afternoon I drove up to Phoenix/Scottsdale to pick up my first Mustang. I had immediate buyer's remorse. I still have some but it's getting better by the day.

First and foremost, welcome aboard. You got a great looking Mustang. Enjoy the snot out of it.

But why the buyer's remorse.....color combo? Options? Price? The car itself?

I'll bet many of us have a bit of remorse at first. I know that I did. Life is always filled with wouldas, couldas, shouldas.

I wasn't in a position to pull the trigger until it was too late to order exactly what I wanted, so that meant selecting from dealer inventory or having them do a swap.

My first priority, or so I thought, was a red interior, but I couldn't find one in any combo east of the Missisippi that had a stick and without a lot of expensive options that I didn't want, wouldn't use, or couldn't afford. So then I "compromised" and began looking colors other than Black/Black (which I was dead set against). I spent more than a week on Ford's locator....found any color combo I wanted as long as it had an automatic.

That's when it hit me....color choice was secondary. It had to be a GT Premium Convertible, and it HAD to be a stick.

Even still, for the first week or so, I tortured myself over what I did choose...Black w/401a Black & Cashmere. Perhaps if I only looked harder...maybe I should have gotten the electronics package (that I didn't want anyway) just to get a different color.

Bottom line....I love the car now...it's classy, evil looking, turns heads on the road, at shows, and parking lots, and best of all, it's mine.

The greatest remorse would have been NOT to get this car.

Many happy miles with yours. And now that you saved some bucks buying "previously loved", think of all the extra dough you have now to upgrade wheels, suspension, motor, exhaust, etc etc etc. It's going to happen.

Tom
Old 6/30/14, 07:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OP that is a great color combo. Congrats
Old 6/30/14, 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
OP that is a great color combo. Congrats
This. I love that combo. It's the same combo I wanted back in 2009, when the 2010s came out. If Ford offered the Recaros in anything other than black, I would've gotten Saddle!
Old 6/30/14, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No need for buyers remorse, if all of us bought Black, the fastest color there would be no variety. Nice car you got. Have fun
Old 6/30/14, 12:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice car and welcome, but yeah, why the buyer's remorse?

Good to see another thirdgenner here, I've had mine for about 15 years and two weeks now. Any pics?
Old 6/30/14, 12:56 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Great looking car OP!

I'm surprised about the buyer's remorse, but that will pass

Nick C.
Old 6/30/14, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice GT! I really like those wheels, too. Mine has the base 18's on it and I am eventually looking to upgrade.

If gas goes up to $8 per gallon, I might have a little buyer's remorse, wishing I had gotten a Chevy Cruze or something like that.
Old 6/30/14, 02:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats, SGM and saddle interior is a great color combo!
Old 7/1/14, 06:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hi all,
Last Friday afternoon I drove up to Phoenix/Scottsdale to pick up my first Mustang. I had immediate buyer's remorse. I still have some but it's getting better by the day. ...
Welcome and congrats on your new 'Stang, Dirk92GTA!

Deysha
Old 7/1/14, 10:45 PM

Thanks for the kind words all!

The buyers remorse I have is just from making such a large dollar amount purchase and wondering if maybe I just waited a bit longer something else may come up It happens to me on cell phones, cars, TVs etc.

I have enjoyed every second of the Mustang and I am getting more and more comfortable with it. Instead of fighting Sync I am learning to use the voice commands and they make a lot of sense now. Why flip manually through a list of folders to find an album to play when I can just tell Sync to play the album without having to putz around with *****?

I am also getting used to shifting once again and I am enjoying every second of it. I also get really happy when I am walking to the car and first catch a glimpse of it. I can't believe how much I like that sterling gray color.

I look forward to many great drives in my Mustang. I hope to see you all around the forums

PS - For puma1552 here is a pic of my 1992 Trans Am:
Name:  WRNN39C.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  27.3 KB
Old 7/1/14, 11:55 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Great color combo, enjoy it!
Old 7/2/14, 02:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, that combo is beautiful. I have the SGM with the same wheels (black interior) and absolutely love it. I've never, and I mean never, had as many comments and 2nd glances at a car than I've had with mine.
Old 7/3/14, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by RTR-5.0
Man, that combo is beautiful. I have the SGM with the same wheels (black interior) and absolutely love it. I've never, and I mean never, had as many comments and 2nd glances at a car than I've had with mine.
I got my first comment while driving home with the top down after playing ball after work the other night... some dude offered to trade me his older pickup truck for my ride... I told him I would call him the next time I was planning to move
Old 7/9/15, 05:59 AM
V6 Member

Very nice color combo
Old 7/9/15, 06:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
beautiful!!
Old 7/9/15, 08:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats from Tucson as well. Oh, and nice color choice!!
Old 7/9/15, 09:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Thanks for the kind words all!

The buyers remorse I have is just from making such a large dollar amount purchase and wondering if maybe I just waited a bit longer something else may come up It happens to me on cell phones, cars, TVs etc.

PS - For puma1552 here is a pic of my 1992 Trans Am:
I go through the exact same thing! lol Any high dollar purchase I feel a little guilty and have buyer's remorse. I never had worse buyers remorse than when I bought my Mustang. Bought it brand new and got a good deal...$28k when sticker was $34k, but I felt so guilty for spending so much money on a car lol. That quickly faded the next day when I took it out driving!

And nice Trans Am! I used to own a 91 Z28, so I'm a big fan of 3rd gens myself. Congrats on the new mustang!!