Notices
Sterling Gray Sterling Gray 2010+ Mustangs

2011 MCA + Performance Package

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/10, 06:15 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
The 3.7L does look pretty bad, but it looks very nice sitting sideways in a front wheel drive car, the way it was originally designed to be.
Old 10/4/10, 08:44 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by David Young
The 3.7L does look pretty bad, but it looks very nice sitting sideways in a front wheel drive car, the way it was originally designed to be.
Well, you know, a slick looking motor is nice but I will take a slick running motor any day over one that just looks good.

Someone will come up with a better looking engine cover I bet, but if they don't just close the hood and get in and go for a rip to 7000 and you will feel all warm inside all over again!
Old 10/5/10, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
The car looks awesome. SG w/ the 19s is just lovely glad you are enjoying it. How do you like the exhaust note?

Love the performance of the new 3.7 but home come Ford couldn't make it look better? The 5.0 with engine cover looks great. How come the air intake is coming over the right side and not the front?

The engine needs to look better appearance wise.
Thank you very much. Exhaust note, what exhaust note? The car is so quite that you can verily hear the thing unless the engine in runing at high RPMs. I do like the rumble when I start the car especially in the mornings. New exhaust is in my list of mods. Right now I'm thinking Magnaflow street or competition cat-back system.

I'll have to agree with you about the engine looks but the cover does make it look nicer. I believe is all the plastic surrounding the engine that screw it up but is not a big deal for me. I do have to say 2000 Honda Accord V6 engine looks better and meaner I think is because you can see more metal.
Old 10/5/10, 09:02 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by newpony
New exhaust is in my list of mods. Right now I'm thinking Magnaflow street or competition cat-back system.
You should check out the MRT V6 axle-back, it really sounds tough.

http://store.mrt-direct.com/91a102.html

And for an extra $100 they will put the GT500 4" tips on, will make it sound a little deeper and looks better.
Old 10/5/10, 10:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

^^^

MRT was my first choice until I heard the Magnflow's. I just like the deeper tone of the Magaflow's but I'm still waiting to see what Borla has to offer if they ever decide to post the video they have been promising for awhile.
Old 10/12/10, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Driving Impression

Ok I almost have a 1k miles on my car so I feel comfortable giving my driving impressions.

1. The car handles real well and very balanced in corners. I don't feel the slight hints of over/under steer when driving it hard. I also feel that I have endless available grip. The more I accelerate the more I feel the car is gripping but then I panic and slow down Must likely do to my inexperience (first RWD car and first real muscle/sport car) A not point do I hear the tire squealing or the ATC/ESC activating so I know I can push harder if I want. At least that is what I think. As you may imagine I don't want to wreck the car either so I have to take baby steps.

2. I find the shocks (and perhaps springs too?) are too soft specially at high speed. For something that has the "performance" label on it you would think it would be the opposite but it is not. It just wobbles too much after hitting any little bump or expansion joint. Not as bad as the old Cadillac or Impalas but is there and it definitely doesn't help inspire confidence. The car needs to be tight down a little more. I'll address this issue next year with new shocks and springs.

3. According to my iPhone app my average MPG is 20.54. On board computer says 19.6 which is not too far off. This is mostly highway driving, I said 60-70% at 70-85 MPH. Even when I drive around town I don't stop much. Is not like driving in a big city where your drive bumper-to-bumper and from one stop light to another. My Honda coupe averages 25 MPG driving in the same conditions so I hope the Mustang gets there eventually or better yet, it beats it.

4. I'm so glad I made the right choice and got the manual. I may hater later but for now I love it. It definitely enhances the driving experience which is what I wanted. I swear the shifter gets better every time I drive the car. The shifter doesn't feel as rubbery as before and is smoother going from one gear to another.

Ok folks that is all for now.
Old 10/12/10, 08:31 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Next year i'm going with Koni adjustables for around $750. I'm not going to lower mine because i already scrape the front rubber lip sometimes. I think it would be cool to make your ride quality nice and stiff when wanted, and normal when wanted.

Maybe some better shocks and struts are all you need
Old 3/21/11, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm thinking about replacing the fuel door with a black Silver Horse Racing Tru-Billet Fuel Door. But I'm a little bit on the fence because my car doesn't have black stripes so not sure it will look good. Although with the black wheels and tinted windows (35% although though to notice it in this picture) it may actually work. What you guys think? Any Photoshop expert around here
Attached Thumbnails 2011 MCA + Performance Package-mustang-resized-.jpg  

Last edited by newpony; 3/21/11 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10/22/23, 02:38 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,915 Posts
Wonder if Newpony Still Has this Beauty!

He Has Not Posted Since 2015 But Peeked in Last Year!

KC