Notices
Kona Blue Kona Blue 2010+ Mustangs

At long last, my 2012 5.0 (Kona) is here (WARNING: PIC HEAVY!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/11, 09:50 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
At long last, my 2012 5.0 (Kona) is here (WARNING: PIC HEAVY!!!)

Well folks, some of you folks know that I've been waiting patiently (ok maybe not as patiently ) for my new ride to arrive. I'd like you all to know that she arrived safe and sound yesterday (thanks Deysha!), 11/15/11, at 2pm CT, at my local dealership. The minute she got off loaded from the truck, I was THERE. All factory stickers and tape and plastic wrap and all. I instructed the dealer and my trusted sales manager to have NO ONE TOUCH IT until I get there. This was my first brand new ordered car (usually I get off the lot)... so I had plans to make this go PERFECT

She had 6.8 miles on the ODO off the truck, then had 9.6 miles when delivered to me (after dealer inspection). All was in great working order. I'm a detailer by heart and trade, so I know a thing or two about detailing (used to run my own detailing business)... so all the previous times I bought a new car, it was off the lot, so swirls/scratches from dealer techs/wash people, etc were all evident and I had to buff it out EVERY single time.

This time, despite the dirt from being on the delivery truck, etc... I told them NOT TO TOUCH THE PAINT AT ALL!!! I could see from the sun yesterday, despite the dirt, the paint was PERFECT. No swirls, no scratches no NOTHING. Virgin paint, so to speak. Dealer goes, "So you want us to detail it right?". I responded with a loud, "NO... not at all". "So you want us to deliver it to you dirty?". "YES PLEASE". You should have seen the look on their faces... haha...

So anyways, I drove it home, and enjoyed every single bit of it. I put my new car seat in the rear, and surprised my son at day care picking him up. I could have NEVER have done that in 370Z. This was the biggest selling feature for me

So thank you again to everyone on this forum, for tips and tricks, and advice, etc... .you helped make my waiting bearable. I am ready for modding... as I have my GT500 mufflers and MGW shifter ready to install. Hopefully next week. Tint and 3M clear bra coming too.

Lastly, here are the PICS!!!!!!

Sitting at Dealer, yesterday, wrapped up, dirty, but SWIRL FREE!

9.6 Miles on the odometer upon delivery to me!!! I take pics like this on every new car I get

Finally got her home! Dirty, but unscathed

So last night, since I had a prior engagement, I only had time to work on the car starting at 9 pm. So there I was, 40 degree weather and all, gave her a wash with grit guards and double buckets around 10 pm... dried her with some detail spray, inspected her under my halogen tower lights, found NO swirls, as expected... so I proceeded to wax her with Souveran... no sealant yet, until I do a quick clay, Menzerna PO85RD, then sealed with either Blackfire or Chem guys 50/50. This will help the paint breathe too, at least for a few weeks.

And here are the pics from last night inside the garage, at 1 a.m. in the morning. Kona blue in ALL its glory. Best paint color, IMO. Bar none.

Then this morning, as sun was up, got some Glamour shots in my driveway. Too cold for a time elapse photo or HDR, will do those at a later point... maybe spring. But anyways, here's the last of the pics. Enjoy!!!

Old 11/16/11, 11:13 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks amazing man! Love the depth of the kona
Old 11/16/11, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks great....curious, what products did you use to detail it?
Old 11/16/11, 11:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats, man! I'm glad you are enjoying it. Kona is beautiful.
Old 11/16/11, 11:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OMG awesome pictures!

why didnt u get the nav and glass roof?
Old 11/16/11, 11:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
if i were you id keep the window sticker
Old 11/16/11, 12:05 PM
Cobra Member

Beautiful Car! Enjoy yours, I still get a kick out of mine every day.
Old 11/16/11, 12:17 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Secondhandloser
Looks amazing man! Love the depth of the kona
I appreciate the kind words! I was a black color lover all my life. Then I saw this paint color in person. Words cannot describe. Absolutely love it. Pics don't capture it's true depth and luster... in person, in sun? Boom.

Originally Posted by Uin2it
Looks great....curious, what products did you use to detail it?
Thank you sir! As the pics sit, the only products I used were ONR and Pinnacle wash gel, plus double grit guards. Then OID with MF's for drying. Then Souveran for LSP. Surprisingly, no need to whip out my PC or Flex buffers...

Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
Congrats, man! I'm glad you are enjoying it. Kona is beautiful.
Thanks Steve!!! Thanks for you and Dan poisoning my mind 3 months ago hehehe.

Btw, I didn't even get a chance to review the manual yet, but how do I get to the steering effort adjustment??? I know with the BBK package, you can do that right?

Originally Posted by TOGAN
OMG awesome pictures!

why didnt u get the nav and glass roof?
Originally Posted by TOGAN
if i were you id keep the window sticker
Thanks Togan... no glass roof = added weight/cost. No nav = my smartphone has it. Window stickers are ALWAYS kept.
Old 11/16/11, 12:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Btw, I didn't even get a chance to review the manual yet, but how do I get to the steering effort adjustment??? I know with the BBK package, you can do that right?
You should be able to toggle through options using the buttons on the left underneat the headlight controls. I'm not exactly sure how to do it on a '12 since the '11s don't have the adjustment option like you guys.
Old 11/16/11, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good looking car man.

This is weird but I know exactly where that street is in Marion. I also know a couple people who live on it.

Last edited by BlackMamba03; 11/16/11 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11/16/11, 12:58 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
You should be able to toggle through options using the buttons on the left underneat the headlight controls. I'm not exactly sure how to do it on a '12 since the '11s don't have the adjustment option like you guys.
I will try...

Originally Posted by BlackMamba03
Good looking car man.

This is weird but I know exactly where that street is in Marion. I also know a couple people who live on it.

sssssssh! So we're practically neighbors then! Help me with the MGW install hehe.
Old 11/16/11, 01:32 PM
Bullitt Member

you hit the button next to info (i forget what it says) until it says steering sensitivity then hit reset until it displays the setting you want (sport! ) then info to get back to the regular display. hope this helps!
Old 11/16/11, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!! I love those rims!!!
Old 11/16/11, 02:07 PM

Beautiful ride!!!! I'm jealous. Sounds like you didn't sleep at all. Nothing like having a custom order car despite all of the frustrations. I'll bet you think was all worth it now.

B-man
Old 11/16/11, 02:14 PM
GT Member

Looks great! How's the orange peel on yours? Mine is horrible.
Old 11/16/11, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Welcome to the Kona Family...someone needs to start a national charter for us Kona guys (and gals)...something similar to the Yellow Mustang Registry.

Good looking ride!! Enjoy her...Lou
Old 11/16/11, 03:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Beautiful car man, congrats! And welcome to the Kona family! My car has never looked that good.
Old 11/16/11, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Beautiful car! Congrats and enjoy.
Old 11/16/11, 04:14 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5

Thank you sir! As the pics sit, the only products I used were ONR and Pinnacle wash gel, plus double grit guards. Then OID with MF's for drying. Then Souveran for LSP. Surprisingly, no need to whip out my PC or Flex buffers...

All the oids and pcs with a little lsp...omg idk what you said
Old 11/16/11, 06:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
All the oids and pcs with a little lsp...omg idk what you said
I was thinking the same thing! LOL!

Quick Reply: At long last, my 2012 5.0 (Kona) is here (WARNING: PIC HEAVY!!!)