Search this Thread

Old 2/5/12 | 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Kona Blue w/Hood Spears and Rocker Panel Stripes

Kona Blue is the best blue!!!
Attached Images  
Old 2/8/12 | 11:04 PM
V6 Member

looks nice! I agree with you, I think I have never seen such a gorgeous blue before. the only downside is it's a little hard to keep clean..
Old 2/10/12 | 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

A LITTLE HARD TO KEEP CLEAN? That is an understatement. I avoid black cars because I live in the desert and it is hot and dusty. I took my car out last night to meet some motorcycling buddies and my car looked good to go in the garage. Later I saw it in the headlight of a motorcycle and it was covered in dust! I had dusted it down the day before and wiped it with a damp shammy and in one day, sitting in the garage it was covered. And then there are the finger prints! I go through a lot of spray detailer!
Old 2/10/12 | 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Trumpetlon
A LITTLE HARD TO KEEP CLEAN? That is an understatement. I avoid black cars because I live in the desert and it is hot and dusty. I took my car out last night to meet some motorcycling buddies and my car looked good to go in the garage. Later I saw it in the headlight of a motorcycle and it was covered in dust! I had dusted it down the day before and wiped it with a damp shammy and in one day, sitting in the garage it was covered. And then there are the finger prints! I go through a lot of spray detailer!

What products are you using?

I've personally found that the Blackfire Midnight Sun wax topped with the Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant does an excellent job of fending off dust. What little dust that does accumulate on my car tends to blow off as soon as I start driving it.
Old 2/11/12 | 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm currently using Turtle Wax Ice products just because they were cheap at Sams club and had everything I needed to get started. I have been debating between the Pinnacle and Blackfire for the future. I do have a Meguires clay bar that I use and I have polished out all the swirl marks the dealer put in it, including the burns...arg!
Old 2/11/12 | 08:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow that's some huge lettering on the rocker stripes! Great choice on stripe colors and car color!
Old 2/11/12 | 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Trumpetlon
I'm currently using Turtle Wax Ice products just because they were cheap at Sams club and had everything I needed to get started. I have been debating between the Pinnacle and Blackfire for the future. I do have a Meguires clay bar that I use and I have polished out all the swirl marks the dealer put in it, including the burns...arg!

Well, allow me to make a suggestion here.

Next time you're ready to do a full wash and wax, wash it twice with Dawn dishwashing detergent to strip off all of the old wax, then clay the car again, polish it using the Blackfire Deep Gloss Polish, then apply a coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond.

Allow the Wet Diamond to cure for 8-10 hours, then add a second coat. After the second coat has cured, use the Pinnacle Souveran Wax and apply two coats of it. Top it all off with a coat of Pinnacle Crystal Myst detail spray.

The Blackfire Wet Diamond is a synthetic paint sealant, which will help preserve the paint underneath it, and it will give you a really glossy wet look to the paint.

The Pinnacle Souveran carnuba wax will give an excellent shine to top it off and provide a layer of waterproofing and a physical barrier to dirt and dust.

I've used both lines of products and I think the Pinnacle Souveran is a bit better wax than the Blackfire Midnight Sun, but Pinnacle doesn't make a sealant that compared to Blackfire Wet Diamond. I've found that combining the two gives a slightly better result than using either product line alone.

And someone is bound to say that using a sealant and wax together is redundant because they both do the same thing, which is somewhat true, but not entirely accurate. Carnuba waxes were created when cars were painted with lacquered enamel paints. Carnuba waxes are only to make the paint look glossy and waterproof it. Carnuba waxes provide no protection to clearcoat paint jobs outside of their waterpoofing. Paint sealants like the Blackfire Wet Diamond are specifically designed to protect clearcoat paints, but the layer of protection is very thin. Using a combination of paint sealer and wax protects the clearcoat paint, waterproofs the sealant, and makes a thicker barrier against dirt and chemicals which will protect your paint from microscratches and chemical etching better than either product alone can.

And either product will be miles better than the Turtle Wax line, expecially when it comes to resisting dust. I've always thought Turtle Wax and Mothers products are dust and dirt magnets. Meguiars products would be the minimum I would recommend.

Last edited by Moustang; 2/11/12 at 09:39 PM.
Old 2/11/12 | 11:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

^^good reccommendation!

If you haven't picked up any Black Fire products yet, check out www.detailedimage.com because they have a huge sale on it right now. I'm going to pick up some more BFWD for my Kona.