Notices
Kona Blue Kona Blue 2010+ Mustangs

Gotta love "questionable" areas/characters downtown... good photo spots!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/12, 02:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
I'm a big fan of HDR photography - I've done some myself and have enjoyed the results, those are GREAT HDR photos

The kind words of my photos only embarrasses me as I know they are not what I want. I will go back to those places with the best lightning, and without the polarizing filter and take some better shots. I'll wash my beauty up and take her up to the Ashland hills here in Oregon and take some real pics (I'll even Tri-pod it to get it tack sharp).

I'm an armature photograper with semi pro gear, I'm not perfect but I expect perfection. I'll post a link here to my GHIG post, I'll stay in color, it's important to me to be on topic, I thank you all for the kind words. I love my car, I know you guys all feel the same way so preaching to the choir is just that.

If you ask me, there is no 'ugly' color for mustang, and kona blue is amazing blue was my second choice behind the tie of GHIG and SBY..... we picked blue for my wife's car and love it - another blue car would be overkill... (and I couldn't let met wife win right?)

Would look better if you didn't swirl the license plates. Just pick the color closest to the plate and fill that whole area with the color - looks much better!
Old 7/11/12, 08:29 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
I'm a big fan of HDR photography - I've done some myself and have enjoyed the results, those are GREAT HDR photos

The kind words of my photos only embarrasses me as I know they are not what I want. I will go back to those places with the best lightning, and without the polarizing filter and take some better shots. I'll wash my beauty up and take her up to the Ashland hills here in Oregon and take some real pics (I'll even Tri-pod it to get it tack sharp).

I'm an armature photograper with semi pro gear, I'm not perfect but I expect perfection. I'll post a link here to my GHIG post, I'll stay in color, it's important to me to be on topic, I thank you all for the kind words. I love my car, I know you guys all feel the same way so preaching to the choir is just that.

If you ask me, there is no 'ugly' color for mustang, and kona blue is amazing blue was my second choice behind the tie of GHIG and SBY..... we picked blue for my wife's car and love it - another blue car would be overkill... (and I couldn't let met wife win right?)

Thanks xar...I will take better pics of tori in the proper lighting with the proper background other than my driveway lol.

Yes you definitely need a tripod or at least a monopod. That's a must. As far as choosing between blue or ghig or sby...you did the right thing. I saw deep impact blue In person the other day...though its nice, it ain't kona by a mile. It looks more like a regular blue.... Dime a dozen type of blue. Sorry offense to dib owners.... But I was a fan till I saw it in person.

Originally Posted by flySWA737
Yeah I really need to spend some time and take some good pics. Never have the time. Thinking of doing some early morning HDR shots after seing your TSX shots (which were awesome as well).
Thanks fly. I imagine Emma will look hotttttt in hdr in morning light. Send me a link to your thread when ready.lol

Originally Posted by laserred38
Would look better if you didn't swirl the license plates. Just pick the color closest to the plate and fill that whole area with the color - looks much better!
Right on... Just letlaserred stalk you lol

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/12/12 at 05:52 AM.
Old 7/11/12, 10:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are some awesome shots. Really like the kona blue. Wish they would bring back sonic!
Old 7/11/12, 11:02 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I could sit and stare at your car all day man, cleanest Stang ive ever seen
Kona compliments the lines so well on the 10+ cars, and one thing i gotta ask. How does your car stay so clean driving from spot to spot??
I try doin location pics and my car always ends up a lil dirty. Nothin you can really tell but i know it gets dirty an it just bugs me. I think i have the same addiction as you haha
Old 7/14/12, 04:28 PM
Cobra R Member

looks awesome Burton!! I hope you were joking about the safety part. If not, that is one hell of a nice looking ghetto!!!! lol
Old 7/14/12, 04:30 PM
Cobra R Member

I really need to get out and get good pics of my car. Ive done so much to it since I joined here and rarely post up pics. I only have my Iphone camera or an older Canon SD650 point and shoot. Not sure what I can really do with that. I love the HDR pics, Id like to get some of my car. The camera needs to have that setting right?? or can you do it once uploaded to a computer?
Old 7/14/12, 05:19 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by lime05
Those are some awesome shots. Really like the kona blue. Wish they would bring back sonic!
Thank you lime...

Yeah Sonic Blue was another cool color that ford brought out. I prefer Sonic and Kona over DIB.

Originally Posted by CCTking
I could sit and stare at your car all day man, cleanest Stang ive ever seen
Kona compliments the lines so well on the 10+ cars, and one thing i gotta ask. How does your car stay so clean driving from spot to spot??
I try doin location pics and my car always ends up a lil dirty. Nothin you can really tell but i know it gets dirty an it just bugs me. I think i have the same addiction as you haha
Thanks man. I carry a portable detailing gear in my car at ALL times, man Several MF's, water, ONR, detail spray, clay, etc.... in case there is a bird accident. As far as detailing locations, I give it a VERY VERY VERY light dusting with a nappy MF... to pick up all the light dust. I don't push down on it. I let the weight of the towel do the work. I detail spray if necessary. You have to be VERY careful with this technique... if you do it wrong, you will marr/swirl your paint.

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
looks awesome Burton!! I hope you were joking about the safety part. If not, that is one hell of a nice looking ghetto!!!! lol
I really need to get out and get good pics of my car. Ive done so much to it since I joined here and rarely post up pics. I only have my Iphone camera or an older Canon SD650 point and shoot. Not sure what I can really do with that. I love the HDR pics, Id like to get some of my car. The camera needs to have that setting right?? or can you do it once uploaded to a computer?
Thanks bro! I was not kidding about the safety part! Hey, a photographer's gotta do what a photographer's gotta do, right?

As far as HDR, it's not a setting. You have to blend 3 or more exposures together in a separate software program (many kinds). If you have a point and shoot, that might work... but you need to have a tripod still. Then go into "P" mode, and take 3 shots. One at -2 or -1, one at 0 (normal), and one at +2 or +1 exposure level (EV). I have a Mac, so I use HDRtist Pro.
Old 7/14/12, 07:46 PM
Cobra R Member

So If I send you some pics you can do that fancy stuff for me????

I know the Iphone has an HDR setting. So on your camera you just take 3 shots or there is a setting that will do it for you??
Excuse my photography illiteracy
Old 7/17/12, 07:46 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I always have a bag as well. I have Ultima though, not ONR. couple plush MF's, squeegee for the windows, and a daytona jr wheels brush!
Oh an a tire brush as well lol
Old 7/17/12, 10:41 PM
I Have No Life

So If I send you some pics you can do that fancy stuff for me????

I know the Iphone has an HDR setting. So on your camera you just take 3 shots or there is a setting that will do it for you??
Excuse my photography illiteracy
Sorry I missed this earlier, sir. But yes, if you post the hi res pics, several exposures, I can do the HDR for you. No biggie.

There is no setting on a DSLR (that I know of) that will automatically do HDR for you. There is, however, cameras that do AEB or auto exposure bracketing.... meaning it will take several shots of varying exposures. So all you have to do is use a software program to convert to HDR.
Old 7/26/12, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Great looking pictures
Old 7/27/12, 08:23 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MBarrette10
Great looking pictures
Thx man... I appreciate it.