Notices
Kona Blue Kona Blue 2010+ Mustangs

Gotta love "questionable" areas/characters downtown... good photo spots!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/12, 09:20 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Gotta love "questionable" areas/characters downtown... good photo spots!!!

I found a few questionable/abandoned areas downtown today... so why not whip out my tripod and dslr camera, and have a gamble with my and Marilyn's safety?

Why? To get these photos of course!!!

A couple of times, some "characters" were eyeing me good.... I made sure I rushed my remote trigger... go go go go go.... To be fair though, I found safety by a "Jimmy John's"... does that count?

Enjoy

Name:  souv2point5bestest.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  156.7 KB

Name:  souv7.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  194.7 KB

Name:  souv61.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  203.0 KB

Name:  souv5.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  172.6 KB

Name:  souv12.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  204.2 KB

Name:  souv11.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  228.5 KB

Name:  souv10.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  204.4 KB

Name:  souv16.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  234.6 KB

Name:  souv17.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  200.8 KB

Name:  souv15.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  247.2 KB
Old 7/8/12, 09:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good. A little too much HDR IMO, but to each their own. I'm more of a naturally lit photographer myself.
Old 7/8/12, 09:42 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Looks good. A little too much HDR IMO, but to each their own. I'm more of a naturally lit photographer myself.
Yep, I've been doing natural photos all my life... After all one can't get HDR photos without natural ones I like them all I guess, just chose to display HDR above.

But here's the regular ones...

Name:  DSC_0219.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  74.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0239.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0244.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  170.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0249.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  152.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0259.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0264.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  105.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0269.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  126.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0274.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  129.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0289.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  112.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0292.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  125.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0293.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  120.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0306.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  109.1 KB
Old 7/8/12, 11:23 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice pics (both styles).

I went out yesterday and took a few, I'm a perfectionist and I KNEW going out at 3PM would make bad light, put on my polarizer filter and came back with messed up exposures. I didn't even try to photoshop 'em. I'll go out a dawn or dusk and get some real photos, GHIG is not an easy color to get the right light with, but I'll do it, I have new stripes I'd like to share....
Old 7/9/12, 04:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
LOVE those wheels. That's what miss about my V6 is the polished aluminum wheels...
Old 7/9/12, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GREAT pics! I reallllly need to get my stang lowered...
Old 7/9/12, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your car looks show car clean,...what detail products did you use?
Old 7/9/12, 07:24 AM
V6 Member

nice pics your car looks great
Old 7/9/12, 08:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stunning as usual bro!
Old 7/9/12, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
Stunning as usual bro!
+1

Always love to see photos of Marilyn.
Old 7/9/12, 09:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Looking good Z.
Old 7/9/12, 10:31 AM
I Have No Life

Wow guys... thank you all for the compliments. As you know I just love Marilyn. The 5.0 is by far and away, the best car I have owned thus far. I try to show how much I appreciate her, by taking her pics Just so happens car work, detailing, and photography... so SCORE!

Originally Posted by Xar
Nice pics (both styles).

I went out yesterday and took a few, I'm a perfectionist and I KNEW going out at 3PM would make bad light, put on my polarizer filter and came back with messed up exposures. I didn't even try to photoshop 'em. I'll go out a dawn or dusk and get some real photos, GHIG is not an easy color to get the right light with, but I'll do it, I have new stripes I'd like to share....
Let me see some of those photos!!! I love looking at car photos. Bad addiction. But yes, I have heard that. GHIG is hard to capture in photos. Wish I had someone here I could practice on.

but thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by wannabe
LOVE those wheels. That's what miss about my V6 is the polished aluminum wheels...
Thanks wannabe. Those are stock brembo wheels. Although, I would LOVE a pair of SVT 19's. Right John????

Originally Posted by the_bottomless_pit
GREAT pics! I reallllly need to get my stang lowered...
Kudos! Thanks! Yeah lowering was a MUST for me. I cannot stand the 4x4 look. On other cars (like my TSX for example), stock height is not bad. On the stang tho? stock height is down right an insult to any stang owner

Originally Posted by Thamac15
Your car looks show car clean,...what detail products did you use?
Thanks man! All my cars HAVE to be show car clean. It's a SAD, TIME CONSUMING, and EXPENSIVE addiction. I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

But Yeah, that's a LOADED question man. As far as detailing products... it's not more so WHAT products you use, but HOW you use them that makes the difference. I could use Turtle Wax and make it look almost as good as other cars. It's ensuring you first off, have a smooth as glass (read: clayed) surface, defect-free (read: swirl free and buffed), glazed/sealed/nuba'd (read: use a glaze, followed by a sealant, followed by a nuba.....multiple coats of each). Then you're done. Check out my car detailing 101 thread. I can post the link later.

Originally Posted by ranlan
nice pics your car looks great
Gracias....

Originally Posted by Hytek
Stunning as usual bro!
thank John! I have yet to respond to your story on your thread. I read that this morning. I'm like dayyyyyyyyyummmmmmmmmm. I would have done the SAME thing man.

p.s. we need to get together. Can you imagine a photoshoot of BOTH our konas??? (however I'd steal your SVT rims while you weren't looking tho )

Originally Posted by flySWA737
+1

Always love to see photos of Marilyn.
Thanks Fly.... where's the Emma pics????

Originally Posted by wanted33
Looking good Z.
Thanks wanted. I need more pics of your red candy. What did you name her???
Old 7/9/12, 10:44 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Ok - here are a couple of pics, I'm not happy with them at all, the lighting was way bright, I think I knew they wouldn't expose correctly as I only took 10 pics... here are two of the better ones.

Old 7/10/12, 06:46 AM
BB3
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
I found a few questionable/abandoned areas downtown today... so why not whip out my tripod and dslr camera, and have a gamble with my and Marilyn's safety?

Why? To get these photos of course!!!

A couple of times, some "characters" were eyeing me good.... I made sure I rushed my remote trigger... go go go go go.... To be fair though, I found safety by a "Jimmy John's"... does that count?

Enjoy
From Zto5, your car looks absolutely incredible. I'm frickin' blown away.....WOW !!------Bill
Old 7/10/12, 06:49 AM
BB3
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Xar
Ok - here are a couple of pics, I'm not happy with them at all, the lighting was way bright, I think I knew they wouldn't expose correctly as I only took 10 pics... here are two of the better ones.
Xar, I personally don't know if matters what light your car is in, because to me it is flat out stunning. Period.
Sorry, I just had to let you know.-----Bill
Old 7/10/12, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

The natural looks much better IMO. The HDR shots tend to have too much sharpness, at least to me. Good pics!
Old 7/10/12, 11:05 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BB3
Xar, I personally don't know if matters what light your car is in, because to me it is flat out stunning. Period.
Thanks I love the color too. When I picked the colors I really wanted for this mustang, GHIG was #1, School Bus Yellow was almost tied, but only if I ended up getting a Boss (which they did get one in stock at my local dealer, every option I wanted to a tee, but they wanted 10k over MSRP) and well... the 'BOSS' said no way, so I convinced her that the GHIG GT was also awesome, and quite a bit less than the 55k for the Boss, so here I am today and with no regrets.

This thread was originally in the main 10-14 forum area, so sorry to all you Kona Blue's for posting my GHIG here
Old 7/10/12, 08:26 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Xar

Those still look great Xar. Not bad... I think you need to make sure you don't have the sun directly in front of you. I think the GHIG is so reflective, it washes out a lot of the paint color. Similar to my Silver TSX. I can only take good pics of her in the early morning or dusk. Or try when sun is behind clouds. Also, another hint... make sure you use higher number F stops... so you allow less light in. Will cut down on glare. Make sure you set at 100 ISO.

Here's my tsx in HDR in early light.

Name:  july41.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  136.2 KB

Name:  july11.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  161.9 KB

Name:  july81.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  186.3 KB

Name:  july71.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  188.4 KB

Originally Posted by BB3
From Zto5, your car looks absolutely incredible. I'm frickin' blown away.....WOW !!------Bill
Thanks Bill. I appreciate the kind words.

Originally Posted by BB3
I agree!!!

Originally Posted by MusicMan66
The natural looks much better IMO. The HDR shots tend to have too much sharpness, at least to me. Good pics!
That's ok bro. Thank you. That's why I posted both. Some folks like salt, some like pepper. It's all good flavor

Originally Posted by Xar
Thanks I love the color too. When I picked the colors I really wanted for this mustang, GHIG was #1, School Bus Yellow was almost tied, but only if I ended up getting a Boss (which they did get one in stock at my local dealer, every option I wanted to a tee, but they wanted 10k over MSRP) and well... the 'BOSS' said no way, so I convinced her that the GHIG GT was also awesome, and quite a bit less than the 55k for the Boss, so here I am today and with no regrets.

This thread was originally in the main 10-14 forum area, so sorry to all you Kona Blue's for posting my GHIG here
Absolutely gorgeous GHIG 5.0 man.... gorgeous. I wish I could photograph it

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/10/12 at 08:28 PM.
Old 7/10/12, 10:18 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

I'm a big fan of HDR photography - I've done some myself and have enjoyed the results, those are GREAT HDR photos

The kind words of my photos only embarrasses me as I know they are not what I want. I will go back to those places with the best lightning, and without the polarizing filter and take some better shots. I'll wash my beauty up and take her up to the Ashland hills here in Oregon and take some real pics (I'll even Tri-pod it to get it tack sharp).

I'm an armature photograper with semi pro gear, I'm not perfect but I expect perfection. I'll post a link here to my GHIG post, I'll stay in color, it's important to me to be on topic, I thank you all for the kind words. I love my car, I know you guys all feel the same way so preaching to the choir is just that.

If you ask me, there is no 'ugly' color for mustang, and kona blue is amazing blue was my second choice behind the tie of GHIG and SBY..... we picked blue for my wife's car and love it - another blue car would be overkill... (and I couldn't let met wife win right?)

Old 7/11/12, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Thanks Fly.... where's the Emma pics????
Yeah I really need to spend some time and take some good pics. Never have the time. Thinking of doing some early morning HDR shots after seing your TSX shots (which were awesome as well).

Quick Reply: Gotta love "questionable" areas/characters downtown... good photo spots!!!