Old 3/25/12, 09:16 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I now have dry mouth from ing too much!
Old 3/25/12, 09:50 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada
Man, you take some awesome pictures What type of lens are you using?
Thanks Lou... I am shooting with a Nikkor 55-85 lens, and a 55-200 lens... both are VR.

Originally Posted by Hytek
Ok so I think one of those pics is going to replace my car for my wallpaper on my computer.....shh don't tell her.

I just showed those pics to my lady and now she wants an HDR camera. She's putting one on our wedding gift registry lol. Thanks man! Now just gotta figure out how to get a supercharger on the registry too.
haha, thanks John. Although, I just wanted to make sure to point out, that it isn't an "HDR" camera that you need. HDR stands for high dynamic range, which is a method of blending pictures together...it's not a type of camera. All you need is any DSLR camera (NOT point and shoot) that can take great shots.. and you're all set. HDR is done via software.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I now have dry mouth from ing too much!
thanks man. I feel like that whenever I walk in and out of my garage.
Old 4/19/12, 02:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the right point and shoot camera, you can HDR as well.

My Canon S95 allows full manual control and I HDR with it all the time.

Although too much HDR gets overdone really quickly.
Old 5/3/12, 09:01 PM
I Have No Life

Washed her today...Not great pics, but I just thought it was cool. Gotta love intense water beading pics. Washing her is just so relaxing...... it's almost, therapeutic.

Name:  DSC_0090-1.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  112.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0092-1.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  143.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0095.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  132.6 KB

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/3/12 at 09:03 PM.
Old 5/3/12, 11:08 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Beautiful! Amen on the therapeutic feeling. Watching thecwater bead up and roll off makes me imagine the car as myself. Each bead is a lil trouble or bother in life and as i clean off the car all my worries dissapear with the water. I thoroughly enjoy maintaining the appearance of my car
Old 5/17/12, 10:40 PM
I Have No Life

First post updated with pics from today.
Old 5/18/12, 09:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking good Burton! That 5th pic in with both kinda looking at each other would be perfect for a Cars photoshop.

I'm trying a new wax today from Dodo Juice called Purple Haze. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 5/18/12, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Your cars look great...so does the house!
Old 5/18/12, 10:37 AM
I Have No Life

Looking good Burton! That 5th pic in with both kinda looking at each other would be perfect for a Cars photoshop.

I'm trying a new wax today from Dodo Juice called Purple Haze. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks John! I love dodo juice products too, ESP supernatural. Purple haze looks nice but removal is a bit harder than other wowo (wipe on wipe off) waxes and sealants.

Let me know what you think of it.

Btw, where's some pics of your ride? Haven't seen a lot of photos from you lately.

Originally Posted by JCStang
Your cars look great...so does the house!
Thx JC... We love our home... Perfect for raising 2 kids.
Old 5/18/12, 10:44 AM
I Have No Life

Btw, John, cars photoshop? Where can I do that?
Old 5/18/12, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As always...very nice pics!! You including the Acura has given me the idea of doing a photo shoot with my daughter’s 2012 Focus...which is also Kona Blue.

But I like the contrast of your Kona against the Silver and vise versa.
Old 5/18/12, 01:32 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada
As always...very nice pics!! You including the Acura has given me the idea of doing a photo shoot with my daughter’s 2012 Focus...which is also Kona Blue.

But I like the contrast of your Kona against the Silver and vise versa.
Thanks Lou! Yeah I remember that one shot you had of your daughter's focus some time ago. It was when I was just researching which car to get... I remember

Yeah, sorry for the backdrop location. I obviously couldn't drive both cars to a park/lake, etc... so it had to be my driveway. Lol...
Old 5/26/12, 10:57 PM
I Have No Life

updated first post. This was my favorite shot from today.

Name:  DSC_0529.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  308.0 KB
Old 6/3/12, 12:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

THIS...

is ****in amazing!
Old 6/3/12, 05:56 AM
I Have No Life

THIS...

is ****in amazing!
Lol John... We're you drunk when you posted this? Hehe...

Thanks buddy...that's an old pic tho. I updated the first post with some more I took yesterday.

Detailed her up took a few shots.

Name:  housepark1.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  housepark2.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  128.0 KB

Name:  housepark3.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  131.8 KB

Name:  housepark5.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  211.9 KB

Name:  housepark6.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  118.6 KB
Old 6/3/12, 09:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Lol couldn't sleep last night so I was catching up on all your pics. That one with the reflection of the clouds in the kona is just amazing! To catch a reflection in our paint is cool, but that one is just out of this world. Kudos bro!

Have you tried CG Lava? I've heard good things about it and want to try it. I'm currently using Dodo Juice Purple Haze and it's great, but not sure I'd buy it again.
Old 6/3/12, 10:42 AM
I Have No Life

Lol couldn't sleep last night so I was catching up on all your pics. That one with the reflection of the clouds in the kona is just amazing! To catch a reflection in our paint is cool, but that one is just out of this world. Kudos bro!

Have you tried CG Lava? I've heard good things about it and want to try it. I'm currently using Dodo Juice Purple Haze and it's great, but not sure I'd buy it again.
Hahaha thanks man. Yeah sun and clouds mixed are the best for photo opportunities. You have a dslr right? That is really the key. But thank you bro. Our kona paint is to die for. Am so glad we got a 2012... No more kona ever.

Cg lava? I have read about it, but isn't it formulated more for lighter metallic colors? Maybe for my tsx it would be good.

Purple haze is ok... I tried that too. But honestly John, you should try cg blacklight and v7 and also either jet seal or Wolfgang dgps or 4star upp on our kona paint. The top it off with souveran, fuzion, or Pete's 53. If you think purple haze is good, wait till you try those. Promise you. Your jaw will drop.

Btw, I just got done putting 2 coats of souveran on Marilyn just now. Soooo easy. I love mixing up my products depending on my mood.
Old 6/3/12, 12:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Hahaha thanks man. Yeah sun and clouds mixed are the best for photo opportunities. You have a dslr right? That is really the key. But thank you bro. Our kona paint is to die for. Am so glad we got a 2012... No more kona ever.

Cg lava? I have read about it, but isn't it formulated more for lighter metallic colors? Maybe for my tsx it would be good.

Purple haze is ok... I tried that too. But honestly John, you should try cg blacklight and v7 and also either jet seal or Wolfgang dgps or 4star upp on our kona paint. The top it off with souveran, fuzion, or Pete's 53. If you think purple haze is good, wait till you try those. Promise you. Your jaw will drop.

Btw, I just got done putting 2 coats of souveran on Marilyn just now. Soooo easy. I love mixing up my products depending on my mood.
I just got V7 and it's awesome.Almost bought black light too but I wanted to try a new wax and got the purple haze. I like that they offer sampler sizes, I would've been mad if I spent $60 on it. I've read some mixed reviews on Lava so I was curious if you had some knowledge on it. Wolfgang products are great too. Dang I swear man picking detailing products is just as hard as deciding which mod to do next.

Btw I'm digging the new DD. I've always liked those cars and that silver looks great. We're looking into a new dd to replace our Focus. She wants the new 13 Escape and I want the 13 Fusion, but I'm sure I'll lose. Either one we get though will have Ecoboost and awd so I guess I still win lol.
Old 6/3/12, 12:22 PM
I Have No Life

I just got V7 and it's awesome.Almost bought black light too but I wanted to try a new wax and got the purple haze. I like that they offer sampler sizes, I would've been mad if I spent $60 on it. I've read some mixed reviews on Lava so I was curious if you had some knowledge on it. Wolfgang products are great too. Dang I swear man picking detailing products is just as hard as deciding which mod to do next.

Btw I'm digging the new DD. I've always liked those cars and that silver looks great. We're looking into a new dd to replace our Focus. She wants the new 13 Escape and I want the 13 Fusion, but I'm sure I'll lose. Either one we get though will have Ecoboost and awd so I guess I still win lol.
Shucks! You should have gotten blacklight the same time as v7. Use blacklight with v7 on top. Best part is you get the nuba wet look but with no dust attraction. But yeah hurry and finish the purple haze hehe.

Thanks for the props on the dd! We love the Tsx. We had to replace the 12 yr old civic, so I wanted the STi or the new focus st or the mazda3...but wifey wanted a comfortable automatic tranny car, so since she let me get the 5.0, I had to give in this time around...lol. we compromised and got the Tsx in special edition guise

If I were you, push for the fusion! We almost got that too!

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/4/12 at 04:43 AM.
Old 6/3/12, 12:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beautiful car! Kona is the best color. I have the same springs you do, but havent installed them yet. What else do you have besides the springs? I ordered the panard bar and camber bolts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FromZto5's photoshoot