Notices
Grabber Blue Grabber Blue 2010+ Mustangs

Final evening With My GB GT

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/12, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Double E, you've got Mustangs in your heart, even if you don't have one in your garage. You have my respect for the choice you've made.
Old 11/8/12, 09:38 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Double-EDad

It's just a car, not a wife.
Can you sell the wife instead?

(kidding!)
Old 11/9/12, 02:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Aha Joey...

And Eric like I posted in your FS thread, I feel ya man. Gotta do what ya gotta do. I can understand from two sides of this feeling - 1) possibly having to sell my '00 to pay for an academy 2) I was >this< close to owning my own '10/'11 a couple years ago, before I made a pretty big mistake and it lead to me losing my job. It pains me to go through my PM box and see all the messages from Brian and Jeff who were both helping me locate a car with my options or order one. My '00 is only a V6 Auto, mom's old car that was handed down to me, and I've longed for a V8 MT Mustang since I was 3 years old. I was close. But so far away. I put over 100k miles on that car and we've had it since new. Idk if I am going to have to sell it just yet, but we'll see. I do know that a new, or even used, 10-14 Mustang isn't on my horizon for at least another year, so I'm not sure what I'd rather have to put up with - drooling at all the rides in this section, or owning two and having to get rid of both of them for medical/practicality reasons. I'm not sure which is worse!

Either way, clearly you've been a standup guy around here. You're always welcome in this anonymous community we have going on haha. Like others have said, you'll be back in the saddle again in no time. I hope the new owner takes care of her. You should point him to this site, if it wouldn't make it too hard on ya!
Old 11/9/12, 04:25 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Sorry to hear about this Eric . After my 4th Mustang in 1986, i went 25 years without a Mustang until i got my 5th one in 2011. You'll be back someday .
Old 11/9/12, 07:28 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey, Eric, sorry to hear that your 5.0L has to go! You'll be back in the saddle again someday, though. I went through this, as many of us have, and can tell you that you have your priorities right. Stick around here (you don't have to have a Mustang to enjoy these forums); you're a stand-up guy who's well respected here!
Old 11/9/12, 07:52 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto to the other fine comments made here eric!

Best of luck to you and hope to see you back soon - and, no apologies need be made for an automatic. I am an old guy; as much as I am enjoying my manual Stang I sure coud see the next one being an auto.

Take care!
Old 11/9/12, 08:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Hey, Eric, sorry to hear that your 5.0L has to go! You'll be back in the saddle again someday, though. I went through this, as many of us have, and can tell you that you have your priorities right. Stick around here (you don't have to have a Mustang to enjoy these forums); you're a stand-up guy who's well respected here!
copier!!!
Old 11/9/12, 09:57 AM
Cobra R Member

As if in validation of this decision, the house my wife (& I) have had our eye on just went back on the market this morning. Thanks to the sale of the Mustang, we can make a no-contingencies offer (required, since it's a foreclosure). So we took one step on faith, and are realizing a reward (or at least an affirmation) for that! Some on this forum might consider me to be a "Jesus freak" but honestly I'd take that as a compliment. God has been good to me, fo sho.

Thanks again for all the moral support!
Old 11/9/12, 10:19 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
As if in validation of this decision, the house my wife (& I) have had our eye on just went back on the market this morning. Thanks to the sale of the Mustang, we can make a no-contingencies offer (required, since it's a foreclosure). So we took one step on faith, and are realizing a reward (or at least an affirmation) for that! Some on this forum might consider me to be a "Jesus freak" but honestly I'd take that as a compliment. God has been good to me, fo sho.

congrats Eric. House is where it's at!!!

p.s. you know you have to change your avatar and sig right?

btw, thanks to you, I have my GT500 spoiler on. It was your past thread that made me get that.
Old 11/9/12, 10:43 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amen to that Eric!!!
Old 11/9/12, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

You should have zero regrets for your decision to put your family first. If more people thought like this our world would be a much better place. The next one will likely be even better. Things happen for a reason. Most posting here have likely been in this same situation. I know I have been and now have the opportunity to get back in the saddle.
Good luck
Old 11/9/12, 11:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Awesome news on the house. We sold our F150 to buy our house a few years ago and have not regretted the decision once. Living in the house is much more comfortable than living in the F150.
Old 11/9/12, 11:39 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great news on the house - kinda helps to make it all work out in the end.
Old 11/9/12, 12:25 PM
Banned

i know how you feel and good luck. I just last week lost my job. Thank heavens my fiancee makes good enough money that I don't have to freak out, but still, i already talked about trading our Mustang in for something cheaper, but she chastized me for being irrational and quick to panic. nothing wrong with that though.
Old 11/9/12, 12:35 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Eric.....a tough decision but, obviously, the right decision.

Stick around though as we want to hear about your next 'Stang, which hopefully won't be far away.

Good luck with the house
Old 11/9/12, 01:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Want to buy my '00 as a project car? It's already an auto, just need to add V8 unless you're interested lol
Old 11/9/12, 05:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Good luck Double-E. There's sure to be another Mustang in your future.
Old 11/9/12, 08:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck to you. Hopefully the house has an excellent garage space to accommodate your next Stang or maybe two!

Last edited by redneb; 11/9/12 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11/10/12, 05:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks to all, i am humbled by the nice comments. Looked at the inside of the aforementioned house last night and although it has a very large 2-car garage with plenty of extra space, it needs EVERYTHING on the inside. Borderline basket case, very disappointing. Since Fannie Mae just listed it, we will likely just keep an eye on it while looking elsewhere. I still think we might be able to nab it for well under market, but the timing will need to be played well.
Old 11/10/12, 08:02 PM
V6 Member

Wishes

Sorry to hear about the Mustang. But family/house is the way to go. I am sure another 'stang will be in your future when the time is right. Best wishes.

Quick Reply: Final evening With My GB GT