Notices
Black Black 2010+ Mustangs

Whos all ordering Black 5.0s??

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/10, 04:08 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like mike needs to go buy a black 5.0 and go back to that restaurant!
Old 4/29/10, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is black. Black-on-black-on-black. Black exterior, charcoal interior, black tinted brembo wheels.

Not many are black though...

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=481991
Old 4/29/10, 04:14 PM

Black is Silly!!!!! I ordered Black!!!!!!!
Old 4/29/10, 05:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by dmhines
I generally give tips to waitresses ... don't take them .... Black is nice ... I've owned two black vehicles in my life ... never again.
Same here, i've owned 2 black 5.0's, never again will i get a black car. Sterling grey was the second most logical color since i like dark colored cars. To each his own.
Old 4/29/10, 05:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

We'd like to know how this lunch at that Italian restaurant with a cute waitress ended.
Old 4/29/10, 05:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Black would be one of my top two or three choices. I love black cars, but not for daily drivers as they are so hard to keep clean (only one of our current cars is black). A new Mustang wouldn't be a daily driver though, so it wouldn't be as much of an issue since it would be parked in teh garage most of the time.

If I got a base GT I'd probably go with gray, but if I got a premium GT, I'd probably go with black since I'd also get spoiler delete, and black is the only color that makes the stupid trunk wart (mandatory on all premium GTs) virtually disappear.
Old 4/29/10, 05:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ministang
Black would be one of my top two or three choices. I love black cars, but not for daily drivers as they are so hard to keep clean (only one of our current cars is black). A new Mustang wouldn't be a daily driver though, so it wouldn't be as much of an issue since it would be parked in teh garage most of the time.

If I got a base GT I'd probably go with gray, but if I got a premium GT, I'd probably go with black since I'd also get spoiler delete, and black is the only color that makes the stupid trunk wart (mandatory on all premium GTs) virtually disappear.
Ahhh, don't get me started on that trunk wart would you.
Old 4/29/10, 05:43 PM
Cobra Member

very off topic but i love how the 2011 is already being referred to as 'The 5.0" just like it was in the 90s. (some of you guys posts)
Old 4/29/10, 05:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Ahhh, don't get me started on that trunk wart would you.
If they would do it, I'd tell them to install a Base trunk lid on my car, and just leave the antenna in the trunk somewhere. I'd relocate it after delivery...
Old 4/29/10, 06:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by laserred38
If they would do it, I'd tell them to install a Base trunk lid on my car, and just leave the antenna in the trunk somewhere. I'd relocate it after delivery...
In your wildest dreams.
Old 4/29/10, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Same here, i've owned 2 black 5.0's, never again will i get a black car. Sterling grey was the second most logical color since i like dark colored cars. To each his own.

every car i ever owned, every motorcycle.. all Black..

i finally branched out...

sterling grey.. wondering if i should switch my order back to what it was originally..

black ..
Old 4/29/10, 08:08 PM
Cobra Member

Definitely Black w/Brembos for me! I really, really, really wish Ford would offer Tuxedo Black on a Mustang.
Old 4/29/10, 11:43 PM

black is a classic color that will never go out of style and with nice chrome rims, it just pops...twitter a supermodel and see what it takes for them to look soo good, lots of work. Black does take more work to clean, but the payoff is worth it.
Old 4/30/10, 02:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Taurus ins Tuxedo Black. I think it looks good on that, but I don't like it on the Fusion, and don't think it would be right on the Mustang. Too 'gimmcky'.
Old 4/30/10, 06:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by C.T.
black is a classic color that will never go out of style and with nice chrome rims, it just pops...twitter a supermodel and see what it takes for them to look soo good, lots of work. Black does take more work to clean, but the payoff is worth it.

Of course I'm getting Kona Blue because black is too hard to keep clean and my rims are Sterling Gray.
Old 4/30/10, 06:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

the last 4 out of the 5 total Mustangs I've owned have been black. If I get a 5.0, it will be black. It's the way Henry Ford would of wanted it
Old 5/3/10, 01:44 AM

I own a Kona blue 2010 and I can tell you this color is as hard to take care of as black. It shows everything. I do love the color and get tons of compliments on the paint. I seriously can not believe all the people that go out of their way to tell me how much they like the color.
Old 5/3/10, 05:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

What's with all the "too hard to keep clean" comments? You all know you'll be washing your cars constantly anyway.
Old 5/4/10, 07:32 AM
GT Member

The advantage your Kona has over Black is the fact that it has metallic paint- a little bit easier paint to take care of and when light hits it, it reflects nicely.

My big problem with trying to decide between black and Kona is, that the Black Charcoal Interior with the Cashmere stripe just clashes with the Kona I think. And the Grabber Blue doesn't fit either. That means 400a, interior which to me is a little bland and boring.

I'm leaning towards the Black Mustang, with Black Cashmere Stripe seats- One other thing is, if you decided to have it painted in the future, which a really nice dupont black with light metallic pearl paint, it would be a lot easier to sand down and matchup then any other color...

So, bottom line is- I'm again, leaning towards the black----- But Kona is really nice too.

Originally Posted by Out4SPD 2010 GT
I own a Kona blue 2010 and I can tell you this color is as hard to take care of as black. It shows everything. I do love the color and get tons of compliments on the paint. I seriously can not believe all the people that go out of their way to tell me how much they like the color.
Old 5/26/10, 07:07 AM
V6 Member

I think it's pretty funny when people say that a black car gets more dirty that any other color.....I would rather see the dirt and keep it show ready clean at all times.....

Quick Reply: Whos all ordering Black 5.0s??