Notices
Black Black 2010+ Mustangs

My First

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/13, 06:05 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GT/CS 2013
Nice car! Are you happy with the roush ab?
Yes and NO.

If I were to do it all over again I would get a complete system or at least a cat-back system . Roush does not make a complete system so I'm thinking I will be out about $450 when I do get a complete system or a least a cat-back system.
Old 1/27/13, 07:27 AM
Cobra Member

What exactly is it you don't like and why do you feel a 'complete' system would make it better?
Old 1/27/13, 07:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ace72ace
What exactly is it you don't like and why do you feel a 'complete' system would make it better?
The AB's are fine (THERE VERY NICE) if that's all you want to do, But for me as soon as I got under the car to instal them and looked at the rest of the exhaust, I want to change out all the pipes from the CAT-BACK, now I'm waiting because I might just change out every thing Headers all the way back.

If you buy the AB's your options become very limited as far as wanting to add a Cat-back which I think you will want to do,, when you see your brand new stock exhaust has control dent in it from factory.

ALL the cat-back come with AB's. If you live in florida I can sell you my one's there less that 2 week's old.

Last edited by racksteris; 1/27/13 at 07:38 AM.
Old 1/27/13, 10:49 AM
Banned

IMO, just people with money looking for a way to burn it. 100% stock exhaust after cat removal flows more than well enough to support prolly 550 at the wheels or better. 2.75" dual pipes if you hadn't noticed are rather large.
Old 1/27/13, 11:38 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
IMO, just people with money looking for a way to burn it. 100% stock exhaust after cat removal flows more than well enough to support prolly 550 at the wheels or better. 2.75" dual pipes if you hadn't noticed are rather large.
Well not to knock on you but you said almost the same thing about the mustang suspension. My mustang has been parked up because I hated the way the suspension felt. I did't like the car after I bought it. Now I love the way it feels & look. The car does what I want it to do.

The ride I feel Is better than before, I thought the car was going to ride like crap.
Old 1/27/13, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great choice. cant go wrong with a GTCS
Old 1/27/13, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by racksteris
Well not to knock on you but you said almost the same thing about the mustang suspension. My mustang has been parked up because I hated the way the suspension felt. I did't like the car after I bought it. Now I love the way it feels & look. The car does what I want it to do.

The ride I feel Is better than before, I thought the car was going to ride like crap.
You're right, I did. I used to be like that. I've burn money for the sake of burning it. There wasn't a stone left unturned with my past Trans Am's and my GTP Pace Car.

Then I got my GTO, and built up the engine. Suspension? I left it alone, it was low already. I didn't see the point of lowering it for a .25" drop or upgrading the brakes when they were already 13" fronts with PBR Calipers from the Z06. Exhaust? it had one minor kink in it otherwise was a full 2.5". Added an x-pipe and magnaflows welded into the axle back and it still made a nice 411 rwhp with just a mild cam, headers and no cats.

I've gone the path of redoing everything. I just don't see the point in it. I lowered my car with K Springs, and I believe the Brembo valved shocks and struts dampen it decently, but could be better. I plan on swapping in Koni's. I changed the panhard for centering the rear, but the rest of the stuff around it is good. It's worlds better than how one of these rode back in 2005.

Swap to an X pipe purely for sound. Otherwise switching to another H is pointless. Want to keep an H pipe in it? just get cat deletes. Shorty headers? minimal gains v.s. stock manifolds, but I could see doing longtubes. I know it was a huge change in my GTO. Replacing the catback? kinda pointless. remove the resonators and you've removed the only real restriction.

I am all for making your car yours and personalized. My opinion is that many people get caught up in doing exactly this to make it theirs. By changing the intakes, exhausts, etc. just so they can feel that their car is differentiated enough from a stock car, and is modded enough that it's respectable.

Then again, I don't buy cars to have them sit. They're always daily drivers. So that extra 3hp from a CAI? don't care. the cool sound from the CAI? At least I'll notice that change.
Old 1/27/13, 02:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
You're right, I did. I used to be like that. I've burn money for the sake of burning it. There wasn't a stone left unturned with my past Trans Am's and my GTP Pace Car.

Then I got my GTO, and built up the engine. Suspension? I left it alone, it was low already. I didn't see the point of lowering it for a .25" drop or upgrading the brakes when they were already 13" fronts with PBR Calipers from the Z06. Exhaust? it had one minor kink in it otherwise was a full 2.5". Added an x-pipe and magnaflows welded into the axle back and it still made a nice 411 rwhp with just a mild cam, headers and no cats.

I've gone the path of redoing everything. I just don't see the point in it. I lowered my car with K Springs, and I believe the Brembo valved shocks and struts dampen it decently, but could be better. I plan on swapping in Koni's. I changed the panhard for centering the rear, but the rest of the stuff around it is good. It's worlds better than how one of these rode back in 2005.

Swap to an X pipe purely for sound. Otherwise switching to another H is pointless. Want to keep an H pipe in it? just get cat deletes. Shorty headers? minimal gains v.s. stock manifolds, but I could see doing longtubes. I know it was a huge change in my GTO. Replacing the catback? kinda pointless. remove the resonators and you've removed the only real restriction.

I am all for making your car yours and personalized. My opinion is that many people get caught up in doing exactly this to make it theirs. By changing the intakes, exhausts, etc. just so they can feel that their car is differentiated enough from a stock car, and is modded enough that it's respectable.

Then again, I don't buy cars to have them sit. They're always daily drivers. So that extra 3hp from a CAI? don't care. the cool sound from the CAI? At least I'll notice that change.
Well its kinda of one of my hobby, I have calm down too, The mods I plan on do to this car is a JOKE compare to what I did with my last car that turns head's still after being done 8 years ago. I still get complements and I feel bad every I do because the car has been done so long now. My car has to be different from the rest, I hated Mustang because there so many out there and they all seem to look alike. Never paid any attention to them on till I saw the 13' break light's one mooring going to work,, I was ..Like I got to have that car...

Last edited by racksteris; 1/27/13 at 02:28 PM.
Old 1/27/13, 02:43 PM
GT Member

Just took some Picture's while I was out shopping.
The Florida sun was a little too much for my camera phone. I will take some better one's later.

Name:  IMG_0524-1_zpscc9c2c4f.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  95.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0523_zps520551ba.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0517-1_zps258f2446.jpg
Size:  90.8 KB
Old 1/27/13, 02:56 PM
Banned

Well its kinda of one of my hobby, I have calm down too, The mods I plan on do to this car is a JOKE compare to what I did with my last car that turns head's still after being done 8 years ago. I still get complements and I feel bad every I do because the car has been done so long now. My car has to be different from the rest, I hated Mustang because there so many out there and they all seem to look alike. Never paid any attention to them on till I saw the 13' break light's one mooring going to work,, I was ..Like I got to have that car...
Same here. Never really liked the Mustangs, other than the classics. Then the 5.0's came out. Then I liked to continue to beat them down in my GTO. But the races were much closer than before.

Then I saw a '13 one night, and my fate was sealed. I love the look sooooo much. Not that the olders are that bad. I always liked them, just less than the Camaro or Trans Am or GTO for example.

I guess for me, it's like we've reached this engineering peak. The engine output is crazy. The technology that goes into them is crazy. The brakes are crazy good. More than enough for anyone but a honest to god track racer, and not aren't doing that, even the GT500 folks. I'd love a GT500, but it's not like it's worlds different, like a whole new experience. It's just my current experience with the **** turned way past 10 in the power department. I love them and want one, don't get me wrong, but I think a GT with a supercharger would be more than enough, and still outpace at least the older GT500s.

By the way, your California Special looks PERFECT. I nearly ordered a Sterling Grey Cali Special vert, but at the last minute my fiancee felt that given the color pallete that we might always wish we had gotten GHIG or GB. Unfortunately we never actually saw a GHIG Convertible in person to make that decision, while we did find a grabber vert, and that sealed it for us.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 1/27/13 at 02:57 PM.
Old 1/28/13, 01:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheReaper
GT 500 axle backs sound ok.
I have this on my car and I recommend it completely!
Old 1/28/13, 09:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Todays mod's.

Eibach Sport System Plus Suspension Kit
BMR Tubular Adjustable Panhard Rod
Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates

Last weekend Mod's.

Roush Axle-Back Exhaust
MGP Black Caliper Covers
Smoked Third Brake Light Tint
Smoked Side Marker Light Tint
Smoked Quarter Marker Light Tint
RedLine Hood Strut

As far as suspension goes, What other parts do you guys suggest I get.
BTW LOVE how the car drives and handle's now.

That's a lot of goodies! Car looks great!
Old 2/6/13, 06:18 PM
GT Member

UPS was good to me today..

Parts to finish up my suspension.

Name:  IMG_0527-1_zps9cde3ad4.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0528-1_zps803c89f7.jpg
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0529-1_zps768e3110.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  95.7 KB
Old 2/8/13, 07:06 PM
GT Member

New F14's

Staggered Piano Black Forgestar F14 Wheel & General Tire Kit

19x9 Gloss Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels
19x10 Gloss Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels
General G-MAX Ultra High Performance All Season Tire - 245/45-19
General G-MAX Ultra High Performance All Season Tire - 275/40-19

Love the finish of these wheels. I had original order them in 20" size but called them and changed it to 19". Very happy I did. Love of they look on the car. They fill up the wheel well which I was concern that they would not. My Panhard Bar need's adjusting, as one side is out more than the other side, My car was lowered 2 weeks ago and the spring are still ******* settling. I had the car alined 2 times already, #3 will be tomorrow. What do you guys thing, Pic's are not the best, Will get some better one's tomorrow. Center cap will be here next week with TPS programer.

Name:  IMG_0539_zpsa0bf127f.jpg
Size:  89.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0538_zps45ecd9f0.jpg
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0541-1_zps2c23b519.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0543_zpsbb71795f.jpg
Size:  65.0 KB
Old 2/8/13, 08:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Those look good. Need some center caps or something
Old 2/8/13, 09:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
Those look good. Need some center caps or something

The center cap was shipped separate with the TPS programer, There a couple days behind.
Old 2/9/13, 01:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The center cap was shipped separate with the TPS programer, There a couple days behind.
Gotcha. Can't wait to see it finished!
Old 2/10/13, 08:58 PM
GT Member

Couple pic's I took yesterday.

Name:  IMG_0561_zps964f1d28.jpg
Size:  128.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0560_zps7dfee2c9.jpg
Size:  114.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0556_zpsdc681d6b.jpg
Size:  109.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0552_zpsb63e4ac8.jpg
Size:  115.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0543_zpsbb71795f.jpg
Size:  65.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0569_zpsd13aa8fc.jpg
Size:  141.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0567_zps7fd0e3f3.jpg
Size:  107.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0564_zps4d25e3eb.jpg
Size:  96.7 KB
Old 2/10/13, 09:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks great
Old 2/17/13, 02:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Couple pic's I took yesterday.

Nice Wheels!
Mine are the 20's and they're the textured matte black, but close enough. How do you like them?

Name:  IMG_0128_zpsb3d67af8.jpg
Size:  232.8 KB