Notices
Black Black 2010+ Mustangs

2011 Black GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/10, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you find those carbon seat inserts this summer? Were they comfortable or hotter then the leather? Also curious as to they have held up so far? Thanks.
Old 11/7/10, 12:41 PM

I am also really curious about those carbon seat inserts? Are they any hotter then the leather and also wonder how they are handing wear and tear.
Old 11/7/10, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by leebo63
I am also really curious about those carbon seat inserts? Are they any hotter then the leather and also wonder how they are handing wear and tear.
I thought they were slightly hotter in the sun but nothing outrageous and he leather has been fine. It still looks brand new!
Old 11/15/10, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Love it.............thnaks for the pics!!
Old 11/25/10, 12:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I love black cars with black stripes!!! In 6 years I will prob add some to my GT. You car rocks!!!!
Old 11/26/10, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

just out of curiosity i see u have the magnaflow comp....have u ever gotten underneath ur car and looked how close the exhaust on the driver side is to the diff/axle where it goes over? just curious cause i have had sooo many issues with mine. my car is lowered so it is closer but im on my second kit and they still had to cut it in half and put spacers in. i would love to know how close urs is.
Old 11/27/10, 11:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mystickeith50
just out of curiosity i see u have the magnaflow comp....have u ever gotten underneath ur car and looked how close the exhaust on the driver side is to the diff/axle where it goes over? just curious cause i have had sooo many issues with mine. my car is lowered so it is closer but im on my second kit and they still had to cut it in half and put spacers in. i would love to know how close urs is.
Actually i have noticed this. The drivers side is probably 3/4 of an inch away but since my car isn't lowered I don't have a problem.

My biggest problem is with the passenger side. It seems like they bent the pipe a few inches before they should have and made the pipe too short (just speculation, im gonna send them pictures sometime soon) because when I clamp the passenger side pipe with the xpipe (with those stock clamps) there is about a 2 1/2 inch space between the xpipe and the passenger side pipe. Where as the drivers side is completely flush with the xpipe. I could push the passenger side back to almost fill the gap but then the tips don't match up in the back.

I think this space is actually causing more drone and a slight vibration even though I have tightened the clamp a ton.

Do you have this problem too?
Old 11/28/10, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the response back. LOL the only thing I'm happy with is the sound. I dont have the magnaflow x but i have the arh headers and there x pipe and all i can say is thank god for evolution performance standing behind the products they sell. It all started in like the end of august when i got the exhaust. the exhaust was hitting EVERYWHERE...the axle, the underbody, the emergency brake cable braket, etc. After numerous calls to magnaflow (who told me I was nuts and the only one having this problem) i went back to evo and they verified the problem. magnaflow said i got one of the first "prototype" kits and that they had made changes since. They sent me a new one. The new one had its problems as well. the tailpipes never want to line up right, the lengths are different, the passenger side tail pipe is lower, the bend in the pipe seems wrong, and to boot it was still hitting my rear. Evo actually put the pipes ina bender to correct the bend, and they had to cut the exhaust in half and weld in stainless pieces of 3 inch to make the bend over the axle higher, and the tail pipes line up properly. Evo has stood behind the stuff 100% especially cause it wasnt there fault. We took pics of the problem and pics of the modifications and sent them to Magnaflow so they can do something about it. IMO magnaflow as a whole has been completely worthless in fixing this problem. Almost everyone I have talked to has had a fitment issue or two. I thought about throwing it in the trash and buying a different brand. Im super shocked too because there 3 inch kits for the gt500 have perfect fitment even with being lowered. Hope this helps. I do love the sound though...haha.
Old 11/28/10, 09:50 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mystickeith50
Thanks for the response back. LOL the only thing I'm happy with is the sound. I dont have the magnaflow x but i have the arh headers and there x pipe and all i can say is thank god for evolution performance standing behind the products they sell. It all started in like the end of august when i got the exhaust. the exhaust was hitting EVERYWHERE...the axle, the underbody, the emergency brake cable braket, etc. After numerous calls to magnaflow (who told me I was nuts and the only one having this problem) i went back to evo and they verified the problem. magnaflow said i got one of the first "prototype" kits and that they had made changes since. They sent me a new one. The new one had its problems as well. the tailpipes never want to line up right, the lengths are different, the passenger side tail pipe is lower, the bend in the pipe seems wrong, and to boot it was still hitting my rear. Evo actually put the pipes ina bender to correct the bend, and they had to cut the exhaust in half and weld in stainless pieces of 3 inch to make the bend over the axle higher, and the tail pipes line up properly. Evo has stood behind the stuff 100% especially cause it wasnt there fault. We took pics of the problem and pics of the modifications and sent them to Magnaflow so they can do something about it. IMO magnaflow as a whole has been completely worthless in fixing this problem. Almost everyone I have talked to has had a fitment issue or two. I thought about throwing it in the trash and buying a different brand. Im super shocked too because there 3 inch kits for the gt500 have perfect fitment even with being lowered. Hope this helps. I do love the sound though...haha.
I agree the sound is awesome and if I end up having these issues continually I might have to switch to something else. Especially if it becomes an ongoing problem. Is it really that hard to get it to fit? I mean come on. They're an exhaust company making EXHAUSTS. Its not like they don't have the tools or brains to make it all work.
Old 12/5/10, 11:52 AM
Cobra Member

Here's a pic of it with the new snow tires and wheels!
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Black GT/CS-img00019-20101204-1448.jpg  
Old 12/7/10, 10:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Looks good with those wheels!
Old 12/9/10, 09:28 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Looks good with those wheels!
thanks!
Old 12/21/10, 06:41 AM
Cobra Member

just took it out in the snow last night. Its awesome! the advancetrac and all that does wonders for the car.