Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Toyota stealing from Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/08, 11:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs down Toyota stealing from Dodge?

I figured I would post this to see if anyone here can dig up something, We all know that toyota is a cancer that has a ton of money but we really need to find out what is going on and let as many people know what they are doing!..... Here is the e-mails I have received from other club members.

"It will be interesting. Note the symbol De Lorenzo has at the bottom of his web pages, "The United States of Toyota" . . . and the Toyotas are taking over in NASCAR. I know a lot about his situation, which involved the theft of Chrysler engine technology by Toyota. I've been in the shop where it was done. Lot's of money changing hands, i.e., Toyota to NASCAR. Note the truck race at Daytona."

Peter De Lorenzo On Autoline Detroit

Peter will appear Sunday (2/17/08) on Autoline Detroit with host John
McElroy. The subject? The state of racing in the U.S. with guests Dan Davis, the chief of Ford Racing, and Mark Kent, the chief of GM Racing. The show will air at 7:00AM (EST) on SPEED and at 10:30AM (EST) on Detroit Public TV Channel 56, and again at 10:30AM (EST) on SPEED, Wednesday, 2/20. For extended coverage with additional scenes go to autolinedetroit.tv.
Old 2/16/08, 11:09 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would they steal from Dodge? Dodge plays a minor role in NASCAR.
Old 2/16/08, 01:01 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
If memory serves I think NASCAR gave Toyota a Chevy, Dodge & Ford engine and let them have their way with incorporating the other designs into their own. The Toyota engine is based on the other 3. I am not sure if the Three had a say in the decision.

http://www.racingjunky.com/Columns-%...r%2006-009.htm

http://www.rowdy.com/content/forums/...-toyota-engine
Old 2/19/08, 06:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I know is it pains me now to see the 7 little Fords out there strugging for drafting partners and to generally keep up in the sea of Dodge, Chevy and now Toyota. We're definitely the minority.
Old 2/19/08, 08:26 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^yeah, add that to the list of things that I dont like about NASCRAP anymore
Old 2/19/08, 09:40 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
There was also a little old- fashioned design ingenuity. Early on, says David Currier, who led the seven-man design team, it became clear that NASCAR's design parameters for the valvetrain, which helps control fuel intake and exhaust, was the engine's weak link, as it was conceived to handle a modest 5,000 rpm. To circumvent NASCAR's valvetrain restrictions, TRD minimized the stroke. By shortening the distance traveled by the piston, they ended up with an engine that should spin faster than 9,000 rpm.
Design ingenuity? Give me a break, any powerplant engineer or engine builder knows this little trick, reduce piston speed and you can rev the engine higher. Increase the rod to stroke ratio and it puts less strain on the cylinderheads, increase the bore and it cuts down on valve shrouding and increases airflow. Now Ford, Dodge, and GM might have been hampered by current engine architectures and couldn't take advante of this, but I'm sure as they introduce new designs they will be able to (witness the GM R07 Nascrap motor, its in hotrod and if they aren't blowing smoke, the engine has no problem making 800 to 850+ HP within the current nascrap guidelines).

As for only 7 Fords in the series. Why bother with nascar at all then, might as well pull out and get more out of thier money elsewhere.
Old 2/19/08, 09:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

NASCAR became a total waste of time years ago...and yet somehow they keep finding ways to make it more irrelevant every year. The ridiculous idea of parity, including the effort NASCAR put into making Toyota competitive nearly out of the box, is but one of the many decisions which have led them down that path.
Old 2/19/08, 10:59 PM

It's a shame, I used to love to watch, wait and wait for the race to come on, go to PIR and now even with 2 NASCAR events in the valley I have not gone to a race in 3 years.

Its crap anymore..

Darrel Waltrip said on windtunnel the other night that "fans" don't care which brand the driver is in they root for him any way" Is he deranged or what? I became a Ford Guy when I watched my first race Davey Allison, Bill Elliott and Allen kulwicki. I could not drive anything but the blue oval now..............
Old 2/20/08, 12:10 AM
Bullitt Member

i miss calling it WINSTON cup..nextel jsut sounds...wussified...definatly not a nascar fan here anymore, i pay more attention to monster trucks now, at least there ford does play a role
Old 2/20/08, 02:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
^yeah, add that to the list of things that I dont like about NASCRAP anymore
Yes I totally agree. It's just Entertainment now and not real racing. Everything is totally nascars judgement from race to race, infraction to infraction. I am totally burn't out on the 2-3 hour pre-race talk...talk... talk. They all think they are so smart and can talk for hours about nothing. blaaa blaaaa blaaa. Thanks I feel better now
Old 2/20/08, 05:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fordboy97f150
i miss calling it WINSTON cup..nextel jsut sounds...wussified...definatly not a nascar fan here anymore, i pay more attention to monster trucks now, at least there ford does play a role
not a single engine in a monster truck is actually built by ford, i just cant get into the professional wrestling of motorsports.

anyway, toyota doesn't bother me, this is by far not the first series they have ever entered and not quickly dominated. As for there ONLY being 7 fords in the field, there might have been 10 dodges, i don't even think there were that many. I was very excited to find that there was only 1 Chevy in the top ten on a plate track, thats new. I enjoyed the 500, i feel bad that ford didn't get better finishes, but i think the new car is pretty decent on track and that there will be many good races this year. Congrats to newman
Old 2/20/08, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

im implying the ford sponsership, you actualy see ford making an impact, to be honest, im a grave digger fan and he doesnt drive a ford, but ford is recognized with blue thunder and the BUILT FORD TOUGH logos throughout...what im saying is that nascar has gone from a sport, to just another way greedy men make money, not the drivers, the board that runs nascar..rant over

Originally Posted by Cheese302
not a single engine in a monster truck is actually built by ford, i just cant get into the professional wrestling of motorsports.

anyway, toyota doesn't bother me, this is by far not the first series they have ever entered and not quickly dominated. As for there ONLY being 7 fords in the field, there might have been 10 dodges, i don't even think there were that many. I was very excited to find that there was only 1 Chevy in the top ten on a plate track, thats new. I enjoyed the 500, i feel bad that ford didn't get better finishes, but i think the new car is pretty decent on track and that there will be many good races this year. Congrats to newman
Old 2/20/08, 09:25 AM

Your right, it's not a sport anymore. I think it all came to be for me last year when Tony Stewart stood up to NASCAR and then a week later, was a blundering idiot with apologies and crap. My thought was finally someone stood up and spoke his mind and then POW! the NASCAR money slammed the door on him..

Absolutely Pitifull....
Old 2/20/08, 09:36 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by fordboy97f150
1) It's Sprint now, not Nextel.

2) I read somewhere that next Big Foot will be Toyota, not Ford anymore.
Old 2/20/08, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Red Star

Now your just being mean!
Old 2/20/08, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

this is exactly what i mean, its all about money, not the sport, no pride in what they do anymore
Old 2/22/08, 05:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The day Big Foot shows up as a Riceota, the monsters should be shot immediately.