Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Top 25 Drivers Of All Time - ESPN

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/08, 06:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What? How the he*l can Jacky Ickx not be on the list?
Old 6/4/08, 09:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since its been mentioned, I won't ask why the heck there aren't any Rally Car drivers on the list (McCrae should be there), but I will add my 2 drivers that didn't make the list and stats to add their defense.

Juan Manuel Fangio- In 8 seasons, he raced 57 times, and won 24 of them. Made the podium 35 times and finished in the points 43 times, of those 57 races! He was one of the best, in a car with NO electric technology!! Little useless fact of knowledge- Him being so good, was why Horacio Pagani, the creator and founder of the hyper-exotic Pagani Zonda wanted to initially call his car the "Fangio" in tribute to his fellow countryman. He decided to change it to Zonda (as he thought people would think he was cashing in on Fangio's name), but used the letter "F" in the name of his most recent model, the Zonda F, an it stood for Fangio.

Tazio Nuvolari- He raced around the WWI era. To be honest, trying to find stats is a little difficult. What I can find, is that he was revieered by his countryman, and loved racing more than life. One thing I did find, is a quote that Ferdinand Porsche said, and I quote- "the greatest driver of the past, the present and the future". He even won a race in Germany, in front of Hitler, who was so mad, he wouldn't shake his hand. If you have the time, do a google search on him. From what I can tell, he drove a car that really was a tank (Auto Union V12), with all mechanical parts! To race that thing back then, with no safety items, and such, is just amazing! These two drivers (as well as Burnd Rosemeyer from Auto Union), should definitely be on the top 25 racers of all time! ESPN's list is just