Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Motorcraft & Quick Lane to sponsor #21 Ford

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/10, 03:34 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motorcraft & Quick Lane to sponsor #21 Ford

Motorcraft & Quick Lane to sponsor #21 Ford: For the 10th consecutive year, Ford Customer Service Division's Motorcraft brand will team with the legendary Wood Brothers Racing team to compete in the highest form of stock-car racing, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. A new addition to the #21 Ford Fusion for the 2010 season is the co-sponsorship of Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers. Ford Motor Company's Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers are the fastest growing service brand in the country and is on track to reach 600 stores nationwide in early 2010. "We are very pleased to have Motorcraft and Quick Lane with us for the 2010 season," said Wood Brothers Racing co-owner Eddie Wood. "We value Ford Customer Service Division's involvement with us for the past 10 years, and we are excited to have both Motorcraft and Quick Lane on our NASCAR Fusions this season. Ford Customer Service Division has been loyal to us, and we have always been loyal to them. It feels like family  Wood Brothers Racing with Motorcraft and Quick Lane on board."
Motorcraft, a Ford Motor Company brand of automotive parts ranging from filters and spark plugs to engines and transmissions, will be the primary sponsor on the Wood Brothers #21 NASCAR Sprint Cup Ford Fusion for 10 races, beginning in February at the Daytona 500 and culminating with the season-ending Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. "It's a new and exciting year for us. We look to build on the strides we made last year," said Wood Brothers Racing co-owner Len Wood. "On our partial schedule in 2009, we achieved five top-10 starts and four top-16 finishes. We hope to carry that momentum into 2010." Bill Elliott, who drove the Coors/Motorcraft Thunderbird to a NASCAR championship in 1988, is scheduled to be the driver for all of Motorcraft and Quick Lane's sponsored races. Elliott, Motorcraft and the Wood Brothers first joined forces in 2007. For the 2010 season, the Motorcraft and Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers logos will appear on both the #21 Ford Fusion in NASCAR and on the Shelby Mustang Nitro Funny Car of Bob Tasca III in NHRA. FordParts.com will also have a presence on both race cars for the 2010 season. In addition to the serving as the primary vehicle sponsor for Wood Brothers and Tasca Racing, FCSD brings a very aggressive brand awareness campaign with a significant trackside presence at selected NASCAR and NHRA events in the form of the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience. The massive display, spreading out over half a football field, will let race fans connect with Motorcraft and Quick Lane brands in a unique way.(Motorcraft/Ford PR rty), see an image of the car on my #21 Team Schemes page.(1-19-201

Old 1/19/10, 04:22 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I'm a big Bill Elliott fan (I'm currently reading his autobiography), but I think it's a time for Wood Brothers to move on. Elliott is 55 years old and they need to get somebody younger.

David Gilliland drove one race for them last year and he was pretty good, I believe he was in the Top 15.
Old 1/19/10, 04:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Elliott is as talented as he ever was, and if he is placed behind the wheel of a competitive car he'll win races. And I think that is the real question here, is the car going to be competitive?
Old 1/20/10, 04:48 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Star
I'm a big Bill Elliott fan (I'm currently reading his autobiography), but I think it's a time for Wood Brothers to move on. Elliott is 55 years old and they need to get somebody younger.

David Gilliland drove one race for them last year and he was pretty good, I believe he was in the Top 15.
Maybe Bill is keeping the seat warm for Chase. I think he is 14 or 15, so not much longer of a wait . . .
Old 1/20/10, 08:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I love Bill too, but his foot isnt as heavy as it once was!!
Old 1/20/10, 09:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I think its hard to race for a company that has financial issues... you don't take risks because you don't want to crash. I think it has little to do with guts or talents.. and more to do with $$

that why they want Bill to drive for them... a guy who wont crash... who will be smart, and make the right decisions for the team on the track.

Last edited by codeman94; 1/20/10 at 09:04 AM.
Old 1/20/10, 09:07 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
I think its hard to race for a company that has financial issues... you don't take risks because you don't want to crash. I think it has little to do with guts or talents.. and more to do with $$

that why they want Bill to drive for them... a guy who wont crash... who will be smart, and make the right decisions for the team on the track.
That and his past champion provisional . . . .
Old 1/20/10, 10:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Good Points! Plus seeing Bill's name on the roof still gives me good vibes!
Old 1/23/10, 09:31 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Wood Brothers hope to return to full-time in 2011: Wood Brothers Racing, a Ford nameplate for 60 years, will race part-time in Sprint Cup racing again in 2010 with an eye on returning to the full-time schedule soon, perhaps in 2011. Bill Elliott again will drive the Woods' familiar #21, one of the most famous numbers in motorsports, in the 13 races the team plans to enter this season. Team co-owner Eddie Wood said additional races possibly will be added to the schedule if sponsor funding can be found. Motorcraft, Ford's customer service division, again will sponsor the team. A new co-sponsor is Ford's Quick Lane Tire and Auto Centers. Announcements were made during a Tuesday stop of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Media Tour near Charlotte, N.C. Although Wood said he wants to return to full-schedule racing, he said his team picks up benefits from its abbreviated schedule. "You have more time," Wood said. "The group of people we have together is a very close-knit group. And it's small. And small is OK. It works for us. We have a lot of time to do things. If we want to do a test or have an idea, we have time to go do it. The bigger teams don't. "We do want to get back full-time, but we won't do it until we can do it correctly. You won't ever see us be a start-and-park car." Elliott has raced with the Woods since 2007.(Ford Racing)(1-23-2010)
Old 2/12/10, 10:51 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Good read.