Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
i didn't even know she had critics
Old 4/20/08, 09:20 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good on ya to Danica.

Meh, Milka Duno still gets my vote for cutest hottie in racing though. I think she's won more races, too [in sports cars].

Old 4/20/08, 09:33 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

WOAH!
I think we need to start a "hotties of racing" thread
Old 4/20/08, 11:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We could name it ADM's. Kinda give it a whole new meaning. (Ashley, Danica, Milka, and more)
Old 4/20/08, 01:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

A BIG congrats to Danica on the win, YOU GO GIRL!!! Great for the sport, and going to get Indy hyped great this year. I can't get into NASCAR, I really can't. I've been an open-wheel fan for years (since the days of Danny Sullivan, Mario was still driving, Rick Mears, And the Michael Andretti "Kraco" car. That long ago, lol). This win is just AWESOME for the sport!!

About the critics? I was just over on ESPN.com, and the comments over there are just downright wrong! Most are sexist in nature, and really show just how shallow & ignorant some people are towards women in sports! Some think a fuel strategy win doesn't count. Others think she was racing against 2nd rate drivers (like Kaanan and Helio are 2nd rate..SURE).The comments that really get me shaking my head, are the ones posted by people who think they can drive an open-wheel race car better and get a victory faster than it took Danica! GIVE ME A BREAK!!! The veg-heads on there have NO CLUE just how hard and demanding driving an Indycar or CART car is!! Rusty Wallace was quoted as saying he couldn't move his arms the next day after driving an IRL car for just a short time. What does that tell ya. Tells me these cars are EXTREME!!

To anyone who thinks she doesn' t have talent, or won on luck, or whatever negative spin you want to put on her victory? Please save yourself the embarrasement and just don't post anything here. You'll show your true colors of what type of an individual you are (sexist, and caveman-like) if you do. She has talent, and proved it yesterday. More wins will follow!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 4/22/08 at 06:51 AM.
Old 4/20/08, 02:40 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Good for her.
Old 4/20/08, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Absolutely. NASCAR is dying. Those commentator's are just trying to stir up more between IRL and CART. They better choose their words more carefully. Yesterday it was the Nextel Cup, Today its the Sprint Cup, Next it will be the Toyota Cup. If racing is to survive here, it will be the merger of IRL/Cart, for real racing. Besides, just what parts of Ford, Chevy, or Dodge are even remotely present on the COT's anyway. With all three tanking, I'm betting they wish they could just pull the plug anyway.
Old 4/20/08, 07:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Absolutely. NASCAR is dying. Those commentator's are just trying to stir up more between IRL and CART. They better choose their words more carefully. Yesterday it was the Nextel Cup, Today its the Sprint Cup, Next it will be the Toyota Cup. If racing is to survive here, it will be the merger of IRL/Cart, for real racing. Besides, just what parts of Ford, Chevy, or Dodge are even remotely present on the COT's anyway. With all three tanking, I'm betting they wish they could just pull the plug anyway.
The things that BUG me about NASCAR, are many but the few I'll list are these.

The COT is suppose to be so advanced and such, but they still won't go FI. These darn cars still run carbs!!! Advanced...RIGHT!!!

Restrictor plates? Okay, let me see if I get this. You want the cars to all be together at 185 mph on the back stretch running 2 (and sometimes 3) wide? Don't like this and its because when someone bumps another, the crash involves many, since everyone is bottlenecked together! Just let the motors run all out!

And the whole Toyota being allowed in "America's Racing" bugs me. Trust me on this when I tell you, there is NO WAY Japan would allow an American manufacturer in its JGTC races! But when the money is shown, NASCAR just bends over!!!

F1 is a great race to watch, just like CART/IRL.
Old 4/20/08, 07:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
NASCAR died the day Dale Earnhardt died!

Way to go Danica.
Old 4/20/08, 08:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe Milka looks better in a wet t-shirt, but Danica has one thing that she doesn't... a moderate amount of talent. Milka's sports car wins all came in multi-driver endurance races where the other driver did most of the work.
Old 4/21/08, 12:59 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Milka can't drive for sh*t in IRL, but give her a couple more seasons and maybe her learning curve will flatten a little. Bittersweet weekend with the last Champ Car race. I do love those Champ Cars (as a spec series). Here's hoping FMC jumps back into open wheel when the new rules are ironed out in the next 12-18 months.
Old 4/21/08, 03:42 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

talent smalent
Milkas hot..but if you want real female racing talent you need look no further Angelle Sampey
One of the most winninest female racers of all time and a hottie and a nice gal to boot (met her at the gator nats a few years ago)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelle_Sampey
Old 4/21/08, 04:22 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
congrats for her

erica enders didnt look too bad, but the girl that played her in that disney movie was hotter

milka<danica=ashley force! nothing hotter than a girl thats willing to strap in and go 1/4 in 4.5 @300+

Last edited by StangMahn; 4/21/08 at 04:24 PM.
Old 4/22/08, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
A BIG congrats to Danica on the win, YOU GO GIRL!!! Great for the sport, and going to get Indy hyped great this year. I can't get into NASCAR, I really can't. I've been an open-wheel fan for years (since the days of Danny Sullivan, Mario was still driving, Rick Mears, And the Michael Andretti "Kraco" car. That long ago, lol). This win is just AWESOME for the sport!!

About the critics? I was just over on ESPN.com, and the comments over there are just downright wrong! Most are sexist in nature, and really show just how shallow & ignorant some people are towards women in sports! Some think a put strategy win doesn't count. Others think she was racing against 2nd rate drivers (like Kaanan and Helio are 2nd rate..SURE).The comments that really get me shaking my head, are the ones posted by people who think they can drive an open-wheel race car better and get a victory faster than it took Danica! GIVE ME A BREAK!!! The veg-heads on there have NO CLUE just how hard and demanding driving an Indycar or CART car is!! Rusty Wallace was quoted as saying he couldn't move his arms the next day after driving an IRL car for just a short time. What does that tell ya. Tells me these cars are EXTREME!!

To anyone who thinks she doesn' t have talent, or won on luck, or whatever negative spin you want to put on her victory? Please save yourself the embarrasement and just don't post anything here. You'll show your true colors of what type of an individual you are (sexist, and caveman-like) if you do. She has talent, and proved it yesterday. More wins will follow!!
oh come on you know she just got lucky

j/k
Old 4/22/08, 06:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Baby, you can drive my car!
Old 4/22/08, 06:45 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Grats to Danica. I am glad she won, however just when you think that will shut most of the critics up, it just gets more people saying sexist comments or other crap. In one article they go on about her weighing less and it was unfair to the other drivers. I'm sorry, line up all the guys then and see how much difference in wieght there is from the heaviest to the lightest. Then they say she played the "gas game". Well so did the guy that got second. If he won they would never have talked about it. Just goes to show there are still a lot of guys (sorry, can't call them men) out there that are offended that women are allowed (ya, I get a kick out of them saying allowed) to play in the game and when they win the guys are insulted. Pick you ego up off the floor boys and don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out.

Last edited by adrenalin; 4/22/08 at 12:43 PM.
Old 4/22/08, 06:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by reddsun1
Good on ya to Danica.

Meh, Milka Duno still gets my vote for cutest hottie in racing though. I think she's won more races, too [in sports cars].

Old 4/22/08, 11:53 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Here's a plan: Milka and Danica as co-drivers for a 24 hours of Le Mans ride.
Old 4/22/08, 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Yay Danica!