Champ Car Drivers Set For V8 Supercar Race

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/05, 09:24 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
from speedtv.com . . .

Tagliani and Marshall Set for V8 Supercar Races
Written by: RACER staff

Indianapolis, Ind. – 8/8/2005 Tagliani and Marshall will partner David Besnard and Craig Baird on WPS Racing's V8-powered Ford Falcons. (Photo: Team Australia)

Team Australia Champ Car drivers Alex Tagliani and Marcus Marshall will get a taste of tin-top racing later this season as the duo has been confirmed to participate in the Sandown 500 (September 9-11) and Bathurst 1000 (October 6-9) endurance events, part of the Australian V8 Supercar series.

The duo will join WPS Racing regulars David Besnard - who made a one-off CCWS appearance on last year's Surfers Paradise round - and Craig Baird. WPS belongs to Aussie entrepeneur Craig Gore, one of the co-owners of the Derrick Walker-run Team Australia operation.

Tagliani, who had never steered a V8 Supercar in his life, enjoyed his first sampling of WPS's Ford Falcon.

"In the beginning I was really struggling with the gears, particularly on the downshift because it's all back to front when you're driving on the right hand side as opposed to what I'm more used to on the left," he said. "Once I had a couple of sessions out on the track I really started to feel a lot more comfortable, but I'm under no illusions this is a huge learning curve so I'm looking forward to getting behind the wheel as much as possible."

Marshall, for his part, boasts a reputable strike rate in Australia having secured back-to-back second placings at Bathurst in the 2000 Australian Formula Ford season.

He's also no stranger to V8 Supercars, Sandown or Bathurst: "I'm just getting back into the swing of things and it's going to be great getting the chance to race in V8 Supercars again after brief stints during the past two years," he added.
Old 8/9/05, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's cool. Too bad Speed will show it tape-delayed by a few months at noon on a Tuesday, if at all.
Old 8/10/05, 05:38 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I'm beginning to despise SPEED. I think it's easier to watch the V8 races over the net on their website, though I'm not sure if they have that feature anymore.
Old 8/10/05, 05:56 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
we get them 1 week after on a Saturday at 2pm. I suppose we are just lucky