Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Biffle has no plans to leave Roush

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/13, 03:45 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biffle has no plans to leave Roush

Biffle has no plans to leave Roush: #16-Greg Biffle will not drive for Richard Childress Racing next season. Biffle, 43, began his NASCAR career in the Truck Series with Jack Roush in 1998 and remains under contract through 2014. When the driver of the #16 3M Ford read the rumors on Twitter, he was equally surprised. "I'm hit or miss with Twitter, right," Biffle said. "I follow it quite a bit and then I don't. So yesterday over the rain delay, I'm just bored out of my mind  everyone was. I'm flipping through, reading some of the Twitter stuff and it's kind of funny, that's the first I heard of it last night when I read it on my Twitter account. You know how fans are, they're like, 'Hey, he should go over there. He'd be a great fit.' But anyway, no, that's news to me. We haven't even started contract talks. We've had preliminary kind of talks around (sponsor) 3M extending but then again, we have over a year  a year and a half  left." Despite performance issues with the Generation 6 car for the Roush Fenway Racing Fords, Biffle, who is currently 13th in the point standings, acknowledges that he's "really happy" with his current team. "It's not from a lack of effort," Biffle said. "And that's all I care about. We've got all the resources and tools and everybody is trying hard. Yeah, we're scratching and clawing to get our head above water, but that's all we can do.(FoxSports)(6-9-2013)

Old 6/11/13, 09:51 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zastava_101
Biffle has no plans to leave Roush: #16-Greg Biffle will not drive for Richard Childress Racing next season. Biffle, 43, began his NASCAR career in the Truck Series with Jack Roush in 1998 and remains under contract through 2014. When the driver of the #16 3M Ford read the rumors on Twitter, he was equally surprised. "I'm hit or miss with Twitter, right," Biffle said. "I follow it quite a bit and then I don't. So yesterday over the rain delay, I'm just bored out of my mind  everyone was. I'm flipping through, reading some of the Twitter stuff and it's kind of funny, that's the first I heard of it last night when I read it on my Twitter account. You know how fans are, they're like, 'Hey, he should go over there. He'd be a great fit.' But anyway, no, that's news to me. We haven't even started contract talks. We've had preliminary kind of talks around (sponsor) 3M extending but then again, we have over a year  a year and a half  left." Despite performance issues with the Generation 6 car for the Roush Fenway Racing Fords, Biffle, who is currently 13th in the point standings, acknowledges that he's "really happy" with his current team. "It's not from a lack of effort," Biffle said. "And that's all I care about. We've got all the resources and tools and everybody is trying hard. Yeah, we're scratching and clawing to get our head above water, but that's all we can do.(FoxSports)(6-9-2013)

I would if I was Edwards, Biffle and the new guy (forgot his name), Roush is 2nd rate behind Hendricks which is their main competition.
Old 6/11/13, 10:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

If the Roush teams are okay with the rules, they need to test more and experiment more with their engines and cars. They recognize they are not as fast as the other teams, so they know they have to improve. I will give them until the race at Michigan. If they cant dominate at Michigan, they are not turning enough RPM or do not have a broad enough power curve in the F9. I want to see the Roush cars go or blow. Enough of this trying to break into the top 15.

Last edited by 2 Go Snake; 6/11/13 at 11:00 PM.