Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Where to buy OEM Shelby Stripes ?

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/11, 06:55 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy OEM Shelby Stripes ?

I will pick up my brand new Shelby GT500 tomorrow, and she's Kona blue. I love the color, but would like to add the OEM white stripe from the front bumber to the rear bumper, and also the small ones on each side. Mine has the "delete stripes option", so that's why I'd like to add them. Any idea if those stripes are available somewhere on the web, as a package ?

Otherwise I'll look locally to find a lettering shop.
Old 4/27/11, 08:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by lemarin
I will pick up my brand new Shelby GT500 tomorrow, and she's Kona blue. I love the color, but would like to add the OEM white stripe from the front bumber to the rear bumper, and also the small ones on each side. Mine has the "delete stripes option", so that's why I'd like to add them. Any idea if those stripes are available somewhere on the web, as a package ?

Otherwise I'll look locally to find a lettering shop.
Two years ago I installed a GT500 rear spoiler on my 08 Shelby GT and needed to get stripes installed on it. The stripe material that Shelby stripes are made from is called Oracal 970. I found a guy locally that stripes cars for many of the local Ford dealers. He had a special printer-like device that cut the stripe material exact to Ford specifications. For example, he could just input 2008 Ford Mustang GT500 on his PC and get a pre-cut set of stripes. In my case, the stripes needed for a Shelby GT were a little narrower, so he had to input an adjustment for the different width. I'm sure you could find a similar company close to you that could produce and install your stripes in a similar fashion. Good luck with your new pony!
Old 4/27/11, 09:31 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
Two years ago I installed a GT500 rear spoiler on my 08 Shelby GT and needed to get stripes installed on it. The stripe material that Shelby stripes are made from is called Oracal 970. I found a guy locally that stripes cars for many of the local Ford dealers. He had a special printer-like device that cut the stripe material exact to Ford specifications. For example, he could just input 2008 Ford Mustang GT500 on his PC and get a pre-cut set of stripes. In my case, the stripes needed for a Shelby GT were a little narrower, so he had to input an adjustment for the different width. I'm sure you could find a similar company close to you that could produce and install your stripes in a similar fashion. Good luck with your new pony!
That's exactly what I'm looking for...I'll give few call to different Ford dealer in my area.