Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Very Frustrated--Need Some Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/10, 06:08 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Frustrated--Need Some Advice!

I've had my 2010 GT500 convertible for about 4 months now. At first, it was the perfect car. Then, about a month into driving it, the brakes started squealing every time I touched them. In addition, now I can't turn the car left or right at low speeds without it sounding like the rear end is going to fall out. I have this great looking car that turns heads in parking lots, but as soon as I hit the brakes, it sounds like the wear indicators on worn out brake pads are scraping the rotors and as soon as I begin the turn-in to the parking spot, the **** rear sounds like its going to fall apart. Those looks of "nice car" quickly turn into "what a POS." It's very frustrating.

I contacted the Ford dealership for advice. They told me to go do several tight figure 8's in a parking lot somewhere and that would fix the rear end noise. Strange as that sounded, I tried it. It didn't work at all. Several people have told me both squeaky brakes and a grinding rear end are the norms for this car. Really? My 55k car sounds like a 1998 Cavalier with 150,000 miles on it.

Right now, if the dealership doesn't want to resolve these issues, I want to file a lemon law claim against Ford. $55,000 cars shouldn't do this. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?
Old 9/1/10, 08:43 AM

Try a bottle of Ford Anti-Friction in the rear. You can get it at the dealer. Drive it in a few figure 8's again and it will most likely go away.

The brakes are a tough one. You may need to have them checked out. Could be glazed or something.
Old 9/1/10, 03:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

The anti friction should cure the rear end problem. It sounds like the clutch plate in the rear end are chattering simple fix. If you had some hard stop the brakes will squeel, they can help that to for you B/G and others make a spay you spray on the pad and it should help with that problem. Also have them check for glazing and a lose pad. the squeel is from pads vibrating against the rotor. In most cases.Mine does it for a time after it rains the cool water hitting the hot brakes will glaze the pads on all cars with disc brake, some more than others cause of pad compound.This may help you.