Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or the old GLH...

Old 4/26/10, 06:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
I found this
I actually ate it, but I dont remember if it was good or not.
Old 4/26/10, 06:31 PM
V6 Member

That's it. I'm cancelling my Shelby order. Who wants it?
Old 4/26/10, 06:33 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 2007 GT/CS
That's it. I'm cancelling my Shelby order. Who wants it?
Only if I can take the badges off.
Old 4/26/10, 06:33 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WaltM
Or the old GLH...

G-L-H... GO'S LIKE HELL!!!

The first new car I ever bought was a 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo!

I really loved that car.

I replaced the computer with a Direct Connection one and installed a boost control bleed.

For the time it was a pretty quick little pocket rocket.

Had a buddy who bought a new '86 5.0 GT not long after I got the Dodge and I really pissed him off with the GLH at the drag strip! Had him by about 3/10 in the quarter!

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 4/26/10 at 06:36 PM.
Old 4/26/10, 09:39 PM
GT Member

Not to mention that the modern-day remakes of the 289 and 427 Cobras are sheer works of rolling art!
Old 4/27/10, 01:39 AM
Bullitt Member

flagstang you saying you dont want an old guys name on your car? the name mustang is an old name and its on your car. If you seriously dont think shelby did anything to influence the design of the new gt500s, please go to the shelby factory and do the tour and everything and learn about shelbys history. Shelby is simply a Mustang icon. If it wasnt for him we more than likely would not even have these 500-550 hp factory mustangs today. Yes i do realize some people just dont like them. But what about saleens? do you like them? Please before you think an old man has nothing to do with your car (well you dont have a gt500 but still), the new gt500s do your research and learn about his history.
Old 4/27/10, 07:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Go learn about the man before you bash him. He's one of the most iconic/influential American race car people in US history.

It's a little funny to me that you are using the Dodge Shelby's as a bad thing. Look at when they were built, did anything amazing come out of Detroit during those years? Shelby did the same thing with the Dodge's as he did with the original Mustang, just different cars and a completely different time. He was able to bring people a nice little "pocket rocket" to steal the term from above during one of the major low points of Detroit designing.

BTW I'm quite young myself, and this man is someone who I have a great deal of admiration and respect for. He's not perfect by any stretch, but then neither am I.

Hopefully I didn't come across too bad with this reply, I just think you should do your research before you start bashing the guy.
Old 4/27/10, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

^^ What he said ^^.

IMO, there is no shame in what Mr. Shelby did for Dodge during the 80's. Let's recall that the 5.0 liter v8 produced 157hp in 1982. The 5.7 in my Corvette only produced 190hp. These were very lean times. 104 out of a four cylinder Dodge isn't bad by comparison.
Old 4/27/10, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

For what it's worth -

Scott Drake broke ties with Shelby April 1st. Seeing as they are the primary parts supplier for Shelby vehicles, Scott Drake obviously knows somethings up that everyone else is unwilling to tell...
Old 4/27/10, 10:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Flagstang
I dont mind a old name on my car. I mind the name of a greedy old man. I do not own a gt500 because I do not think very much of what shelby has been doing. I as a proud american do not buy things from people who I do not agree with. I never said shelby didnt help the mustang. I justdont agree with how the man has been acting.

I bought my first NEW mustang in 2006. It was a loaded black gt vert with tons of options and every bit of coverage the dealer offered. I was 21 years old and I spent alittle over 46k. So no this is not a cost thing.
$46k? Really?
Old 4/27/10, 11:13 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by steve-o
For what it's worth -

Scott Drake broke ties with Shelby April 1st. Seeing as they are the primary parts supplier for Shelby vehicles, Scott Drake obviously knows somethings up that everyone else is unwilling to tell...
Which parts did Scott Drake supply Shelby with? Thanks.

Last edited by 1 COBRA; 4/27/10 at 11:15 AM.
Old 4/27/10, 11:15 AM
Cobra R Member

mispost
Old 4/27/10, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by harristotle
Go learn about the man before you bash him...
Perhaps taking your own advice before defending him might help you as well. It is likely you have missed a few notable points and facts dealing with the obscure virtue of integrity.

SAI had a very popular and commited employee by the name of Bud who apparently was admired and loved by the Shelby enthusiasts for all his help and contributions. He is no longer there. I read his farewell post, very classy I might add, where he thanked friends and fellow employees some mentioned by name.

Take a wild guess who he did not thank or even mention by name or indirectly?
Old 4/27/10, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Perhaps taking your own advice before defending him might help you as well. It is likely you have missed a few notable points and facts dealing with the obscure virtue of integrity.

SAI had a very popular and commited employee by the name of Bud who apparently was admired and loved by the Shelby enthusiasts for all his help and contributions. He is no longer there. I read his farewell post, very classy I might add, where he thanked friends and fellow employees some mentioned by name.

Bill Nye: The Science Guy?
Old 4/27/10, 11:48 AM

OK! make that two wild guesses.

Old 4/27/10, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

As far as Bud leaving...that reads like he left because Amy was shown the door. I don't really buy the Family thing being the one and only reason. Not when he's been making it work for so long.

I'm very interested in what's happening over there. With the exception of the new GT350, I've liked all of the Shelby Cars (If not their price). For a long while I was researching the Terlingua Build, but I couldn't get a straight answer out of the company about what was offered and what not. They all wanted me to call them instead of them just stating on a forum or email (basically putting something in writing). Very odd.

But to lose Bud is going to be a serious blow to the company. The chances you'll find someone that loved that job more than he is slim to none.
Old 4/27/10, 12:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Which parts did Scott Drake supply Shelby with? Thanks.
Different dress up items for the engine bay and other areas of the car.
Old 4/27/10, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by WaltM
Or the old GLH...

There was one of these (a GLH Turbo) at Pinks All Out in Charlotte over the weekend. It was modified and doing 10.7's in the quarter.
Old 4/27/10, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm well aware of Bud leaving. I have interacted with him personally on another forum, he's a great guy and I was sad to hear of his leaving. As I already stated in my last post, Shelby is far from perfect, that doesn't change what he has done for the American automotive industry.

Quick Reply: Shelby American Update