Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Scheduling Nightmare For My Shelby

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/12, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scheduling Nightmare For My Shelby

Not a good experience so far with Ford (NOT my Dealer):

1. I ordered my Shelby 2 hours after the order banks opened on March 21st.

2. I got a VIN for my Shelby May 10th from my dealer which was confirmed Ford CS and SVT.

3. I got an original Build Date of June 4th from my dealer and confirmed it with SVT on May 15th with TBD ETA

4. My June 4th Build date was changed to June 18th with an ETA June 29th the week before it was supposed to be built on June 4th. Again confirmed by dealer/SVT/Ford CS

5. On June 11th I called SVT to confirm the build date again and was told it was changed for June 18th to July 2nd and an ETA of July 13th. Confirmed by SVT/Ford CS/Dealer (I saw it on CONCEPTS when the dealer showed it to me

6. Today I called Ford CS/SVT and they said the build date was moved again to July 30th with an ETA of August 11th.

So, I have had a VIN for over a month and a build date and ETA that has changed 4 times.

My Dealer has been up front with everything as confirmed by SVT/Ford CS and I have the DORA and Build sheet.

This is an issue with Ford itself. How can an ETA and build date change this much.

My dealer's GM has gotten involved now with the Zone Rep as he is pissed off about this happening. I filed a formal Ford CS complaint yesterday and got a case #. To make a long story short: It appears unfair Build priority was given in my Zone as 4 other dealers have already recieved their Shelby's and their orders were placed after mine, some weeks. I hope to have more information on Monday. Not a fun way to experience getting something you want so badly
Old 6/16/12, 08:51 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
kind of comes with ordering and having to have the newest and most wanted car. I heard dealer orders always get built first.
Old 6/16/12, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Flagstang
kind of comes with ordering and having to have the newest and most wanted car. I heard dealer orders always get built first.
The issue is not just dealer cars, it's non-dealer cars have been built and delivered in my zone that were ordered weeks after mine.
Old 6/16/12, 08:58 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

is it due to options? sometimes options can delay a car.
Old 6/16/12, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Flagstang
is it due to options? sometimes options can delay a car.
The GM of my dealership got confirmation there are no hold ups from part/options yesterday. So that possibility was eliminated.

I ordered: GB/BS SVTPP/SVTTP/EP/Recaro
Old 6/16/12, 09:03 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

maybe you can get ford to offer up a free esp or something.
Old 6/16/12, 09:06 AM

Maybe. I'm anticipating some decisions from Ford Monday (per my dealership GM). We will see.
Old 6/16/12, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Yikes man, I feel you though, I still don't have a VIN. Over six weeks now and I'd like to just get the darn VIN so I know it WILL be built lol.

I posted in another subject as well, but I'm a little irritated that there is no way to even confirm the dealer you are working with has allocation let alone what is happening. I have to take it on good faith and unfortunately, most dealers don't get my trust. I know there are honest ones out there, Jeff for example, but I'd like to get something from Ford saying "Yes, yours will be built."

Last edited by Kabooka; 6/16/12 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Rant wasn't finsihed :)
Old 6/18/12, 08:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabooka
Yikes man, I feel you though, I still don't have a VIN. Over six weeks now and I'd like to just get the darn VIN so I know it WILL be built lol.

I posted in another subject as well, but I'm a little irritated that there is no way to even confirm the dealer you are working with has allocation let alone what is happening. I have to take it on good faith and unfortunately, most dealers don't get my trust. I know there are honest ones out there, Jeff for example, but I'd like to get something from Ford saying "Yes, yours will be built."
Hey Eric, thanks for the kind words. Your totally right. I've heard of some dealers taking orders even though they sold out of their allocations already. They were playing dumb saying they didn't know they couldn't get more. PLEASE!!! We all know how many we are getting. I have the sheet sent by my ZONE rep that shows how many GT500s I have for the 2013 MY. I keep that for my proof, in case anyone wants to question it. But truthfully, most salespeople aren't given the pertinent information like allocation and such, and are just told to sell a car, even if they can't get one built. Sad really when you think if it, as the customer is the one who will suffer!