Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Recaro Seats for 2013 Shelby GT500 as OEM upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/12, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recaro Seats for 2013 Shelby GT500 as OEM upgrade

The dealer left out my recaro when he put in the order. Is there a way to get them installed as a OEM upgrade after? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

George
Old 5/26/12, 11:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT500George
The dealer left out my recaro when he put in the order. Is there a way to get them installed as a OEM upgrade after? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

George
Cancel the order and put it in again?
If it's too late for that the dealer could order the seats as service parts. It won't be cheap though. They should drop right in.
Old 5/27/12, 07:51 AM

I have a VIN already but the dealer said he was able to update the computer with the seats. He's not sure if it will go through.

Regards.

George
Old 5/27/12, 08:04 AM
GT Member

If you ordered them and HE made the mistake, have him order and install them on his dime. If he's a decent guy he'll work that out.

Sucks when you spend that kinda money and someone else screws it up for you.
Old 5/27/12, 09:59 AM

Did you not get a copy of your DORA? It would have plainly shown that the Recaros were there or not. I put this on the customer for not reading the order receipt. If I were spending 60K on a car, Id make **** sure I got the DORA and read it thoroughly.

F
Old 5/27/12, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by florian
Did you not get a copy of your DORA? It would have plainly shown that the Recaros were there or not. I put this on the customer for not reading the order receipt. If I were spending 60K on a car, Id make **** sure I got the DORA and read it thoroughly.

F
If only everyone were as perfect as you
Old 5/27/12, 10:21 AM
Cobra Member

By the way gt500 george, hope it all works out for you!!!
Old 5/27/12, 11:36 AM

I asked him over the phone to change from Impact Blue to Grabber Blue. When he updated he never added the Recaro's.

Regards.

George
Old 5/27/12, 11:38 AM

I don't think he can reorder, since he was allocated only 1 Shelby.

Regards.

George

Last edited by GT500George; 5/27/12 at 11:39 AM.
Old 5/27/12, 11:42 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Afdharley
If you ordered them and HE made the mistake, have him order and install them on his dime. If he's a decent guy he'll work that out.

Sucks when you spend that kinda money and someone else screws it up for you.
if it was floor mats or something they would cover it.. but those seats will cost over 3k to order and install. its not going to happen and its far to late to change the order if you have a vin.
Old 5/27/12, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by sampey43
If only everyone were as perfect as you
seriously? Im far from perfect, but I would hope that anyone that has that kind of cash would at least do some homework and not leave the dealership without hashing things out.
Is that too much to ask?

F
Old 5/27/12, 01:38 PM
Cobra Member

You learn from mistakes, i mighteve overlooked the same thing if i had ordered it, but commenting on someones post making him feel like an idiot is childish if you ask me! And for the record, my earlier post was sarcasm, i know your far from perfect!!
Old 5/27/12, 02:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
if it was floor mats or something they would cover it.. but those seats will cost over 3k to order and install. its not going to happen and its far to late to change the order if you have a vin.

Totally understand. If you don't ask......maybe split the cost or whatever. Something can be worked out I'm sure.
Old 5/27/12, 04:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
You've got to verify this kind of stuff when you make an order like this to prevent this kind of thing. No dealership should ever have a problem proving to you that they have ordered exactly what you wanted on the vehicle. If they won't, cancel the order and find someone who will. It's your money and your order.

Flagstang is right, once the VIN is issued the car won't be changed.
Old 5/27/12, 08:25 PM

I had a copy of the order with the Impact Blue that showed the Recaro's. I requested the change in the color over the phone to Grabber Blue and I never got another order sheet. My original does show the Recaro's with the Impact Blue. The one the dealer gave me yesterday shows the Grabber Blue and NO Recaro's. Should have, would have, could have.... I hope that it updates. If not, I hope I can swap them out.
Old 5/29/12, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are many thoughts about changing an option in a car once its serialized. It can be done, but you can't go crazy, or they will bounce the change. I know this, as Ford "balked" us a GT for stock. It was a car with only the Electronics Pkg & in Grabber Blue. I never order that package for stock. So on that Monday, I removed the Electronics Pkg, changed the color and added security and comfort. 2 days later, the car was changed and I was happy. If the car is in production, its too late. If they just serialized your order, they can change it.

Adding these seats after the fact will be EXTREMELY pricey. They don't sell the leather ones over the counter. Only the cloth Ford Racing ones. Leather GT500 embossed snake seats, aren't sold. They may be able to be ordered and "pieced togeher" by parts via the parts department, but it will be very pricey. I would go to the dealer and ask them to see if they can make the change.
Old 5/29/12, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
There are many thoughts about changing an option in a car once its serialized. It can be done, but you can't go crazy, or they will bounce the change. I know this, as Ford "balked" us a GT for stock. It was a car with only the Electronics Pkg & in Grabber Blue. I never order that package for stock. So on that Monday, I removed the Electronics Pkg, changed the color and added security and comfort. 2 days later, the car was changed and I was happy. If the car is in production, its too late. If they just serialized your order, they can change it.

Adding these seats after the fact will be EXTREMELY pricey. They don't sell the leather ones over the counter. Only the cloth Ford Racing ones. Leather GT500 embossed snake seats, aren't sold. They may be able to be ordered and "pieced togeher" by parts via the parts department, but it will be very pricey. I would go to the dealer and ask them to see if they can make the change.
Thank you for your cogent and detailed reply. I appreciate it. I think the seats help complete the track package. Otherwise, I would have just ordered the SVT PP without the track package and seats. It's disappointing if they can't be added. I hope they can do it. I'll keep you posted on the result.

Kind regards.

George.
Old 5/30/12, 05:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

Originally Posted by GT500George
Thank you for your cogent and detailed reply. I appreciate it. I think the seats help complete the track package. Otherwise, I would have just ordered the SVT PP without the track package and seats. It's disappointing if they can't be added. I hope they can do it. I'll keep you posted on the result.

Kind regards.

George.
05fordgt: If the dealer has a good relationship with their zone rep, shouldn't they be able to assist and get the Recaro's added?

GT500George: Hope is all works out for you, and congrats on the car.
Old 5/30/12, 06:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05-1947
05fordgt: If the dealer has a good relationship with their zone rep, shouldn't they be able to assist and get the Recaro's added?

GT500George: Hope is all works out for you, and congrats on the car.
That's a good question. But the big key is if the car is "bucked" for production. Once its that far, nothing can change it. If the car was just given a VIN, and the schedule date isn't for several weeks, then a change can be made, but its not a 100% guarantee that it will take.
Old 7/14/12, 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Whatever happened in the end ?

Quick Reply: Recaro Seats for 2013 Shelby GT500 as OEM upgrade