Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/10, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!

So she finally came in! Picked her up Friday July 2nd. I won't give the same story of how awesome the car is, as we all know that! I do want to highlight How awesome Jeff and the team at Yocum were - I am copying what I sent on to a senior Ford Exec who had helped me track my car earlier in June.

~~~~
I definitely have to make note of the quality of the people at Yocum Ford.
The old school family oriented dealership can’t be beat! A LIVE, person pleasantly picks up the phone within 2 rings! No 5 minutes of automated prompts just to get to a busy and bothered person. The first call gives a feeling this place is different.
They offered me to test drive the car BEFORE signing any papers. This is something I’ve NEVER seen with an SVT vehicle at any of the countless dealerships I’ve been to over the last 14 years – even when you come with “cash in hand” as I did.
The delivery experience was wonderful, with them offering refreshments and snacks while I waited for some of the paper work to be done on the back end. With an honest and fair deal on the Shelby, matched by an honest (and by some people’s standards generous) offer on my trade-in. I never once got a feel of being taken advantage – which is usually something you feel the moment a salesman approaches you in any dealership.
Jeff Greenly, my salesman, made himself available 24/7, and kept in touch with me via phone, email and text message with every bit of detail he acquired and answered everything I threw at him to his best. He’s the first dealership employee I’ve met to date that knew more about the car I was interested in than I did! That’s not an easy thing! You can clearly see that his passion is about Ford product and not purely about selling “something” to the next person through the door.
Dealerships like Yocum should be the model others learn from. I’ve dealt with more than 10 Ford dealerships over the years spanning from Long Island, NY through New Jersey and now Pennsylvania. Push that number well over 50 if you count the other brands I have shopped as well, including Porsche, BMW and Mercedes. The experience at Yocum surpassed even the German brands!
Thank you all again for reminding me why I only drive Fords and Lincolns.
~~~~~~~~~
With that said, enjoy the picks of the delivery. The grey '06 is my old girl that I traded in.

Check out Jeff's office for in case you weren't sure he is certified car crazy!
Attached Thumbnails Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!-img_0653.jpg   Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!-img_0654.jpg   Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!-img_0655.jpg   Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!-img_0656.jpg   Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!-img_0657.jpg  

Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!-img_0658.jpg   Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!-img_0659.jpg   Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!-img_0660.jpg   Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!-img_0661.jpg  
Old 7/7/10, 09:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW love the new ride! The wheels are so German, but with that rip-snorting American V8 under the hood - it's a perfect combination

Jeff is a great dude, glad to hear your experience was so pleasant!
Old 7/7/10, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats....car looks great! with you, dealing with Jeff and Yocum was a great experience.
Old 7/7/10, 10:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice new car and nice office! Congrats!
Old 7/7/10, 11:05 AM
FR500 Member

Congrats on your new ride!

Jeff, your office is nuts!!
Old 7/7/10, 11:05 AM
V6 Member

You are going to love this car. The first time I heard my 2011 Shelby start and get pulled off the trailer, my wife hit me in the side and said (I bet that gave you wood). Every time I drive mine it just gets better.
Old 7/7/10, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats on the Cobra
Old 7/7/10, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

Thats great! Mean looking car!
Old 7/7/10, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks everyone!

I took it to a car show July 4th morning at Oak Beach in near Jones Beach, Long Island. I've gotten looks and thumbs up before, but the reaction at the show was nothing I've ever experienced. I rolled around the look for a spot right behind twin 2010's in Kona blue. To the crowd those Shelbys weren't there! Everyone zoned right in on the '11. My father-in-law was eating it up in shotgun. People were saying, "that's a 2011!", Hey, i think that's the new SVT pack car!" Those rims and stripes are sick!" The place was mobbed, but when I stopped for pedestrian traffic, one car owner said, "I'll move my car, you take the spot." You'd have thought I was Patrick Dempsey or Brad Pitt when I opened the door. 20 people mobbed the car, begging me to rev it, open the hood and crawl under it... EVEN a guy with a 2010! Show stopper wasn't the word.

There was a Black 5.0 Brembo car there too. Simply stunning in it's own right. My father-in-law WAS going to buy a vette, but I think a Black 5.0 Brembo car is in his future! He's a life long car guy, having had SS novas, camaros and Chevelles in his day... He was twitching after a little "taste" of the Eaton through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd...
Attached Thumbnails Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!-2010-07-04-obi.jpg  

Last edited by WarpdSpazm; 7/7/10 at 12:42 PM.
Old 7/7/10, 06:27 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Sharp! CONGRATS!!!
Old 7/7/10, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

VERY NICE, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7/7/10, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it for a few thousand miles before you do any mods.
Old 7/7/10, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats Ray .. very beautiful car.. good luck be safe and enjoy!
Old 7/7/10, 09:09 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome ride, great letter!

Jeff & his office rocks!!
Old 7/8/10, 06:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it for a few thousand miles before you do any mods.

The GT/CS side scoops are already installed. Window tints are scheduled for Saturday. I'm also researching a good paint guy to pain the rest of the mirror plastic. I did it on my GT and the wife is "demanding" I do it to the Shelby! Gotta love a wife that TELLS you to mod your car on the day you bring it home! Performance wise, however, that's my Plan BP, though I already have my "list."

1. MGW shifter. The shelby stocker is the nicest I've ever used, but I miss the confidence and shortness of the MGW. I've missed the 1-2 shift a few times now under power.
2. Speed of Sound Double A-pillar pod with Autometer Stage 3 shift light and Boost gauge.
3. Line Lock
4. Pulley and tune when the 550HP stops scaring the crap out of me, LOL

I'm at 300 miles already! I took my lunch hour yesterday and just drove around the town.
Old 7/8/10, 06:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Awesome ride, great letter!

Jeff & his office rocks!!

Indeed. As soon as I saw the office, I knew I bought from the right guy.
Old 7/8/10, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for sharing your experience. Couldn't have picked a better speced car myself. That is one sick ride Congratulations!

Maybe one day I'll be able to afford one of my own...
Old 7/8/10, 04:40 PM
Bullitt Member

"Affording" is such a tough word... Suzie Orman would have rejected me on this one for sure! I work hard enough and got rid of a bunch of toys to make this happen. I figure if I didn't do it now, I'd have to wait 20+ years to do it. Plan is pay it off before a house and kids come into the picture. Thankfully my wife of 9 months was on board!
Old 7/9/10, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on the marriage as well!

I'm in a similar situation but I just last May bought a house and then the GT in June. I get married in almost exactly two weeks at around 3:30 in the afternoon (it's about 3:30 EST right now haha).

My plan is to pay off the GT before the kids as she has two more years of vet. school.

So basically I chose a house and the GT and you chose the GT500

Though as far as I'm concerned we both win, sounds like you have a great wife too to support your purchase. My fiancee wouldn't even let me cross shop any imports and suggested the Stang
Old 7/11/10, 12:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm 50/50 on the PP stripes on some of the cars........but on your combo it is stunning!!! Enjoy the hell out of it!!!

Quick Reply: Picked up my Shelby from Jeff at Yocum!