Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

New member, order placed!

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/13, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member, order placed!

Hi all, I just signed up on this forum and I have been enjoying many of the post so I figured I sign up and say hello and share my Shelby journey here.

I ordered my 2014 on 6/13, I'm still waiting for a VIN and the build date. The sales guy is following up for me so I'm hoping I get some dates from him soon. I have ordered the following options: Black w/ black stripes, SVTPP, glass roof, EP, Recaros, and Shaker Pro.

I've been reading all the Shelby forums and I have already got a pretty long list of upgrades I want to do to the car, is that bad?
Old 7/11/13, 05:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MurrayMartini
Hi all, I just signed up on this forum and I have been enjoying many of the post so I figured I sign up and say hello and share my Shelby journey here.

I ordered my 2014 on 6/13, I'm still waiting for a VIN and the build date. The sales guy is following up for me so I'm hoping I get some dates from him soon. I have ordered the following options: Black w/ black stripes, SVTPP, glass roof, EP, Recaros, and Shaker Pro.
Welcome aboard! I've got the same color combo on my '13.

I've been reading all the Shelby forums and I have already got a pretty long list of upgrades I want to do to the car, is that bad?
Haha... welcome to the sickness. I swapped to Shelby CS1 wheels (20x9 fronts, 20x11 rears) a while back, along with the FRPP Sport axle-backs. I've also got an MGW shifter, BMR upper & lower control arms, 13-6 kit from RevanRacing (FRPP Cobra Jet 65mm dual TB, JLT CAI and Lund tune) on the agenda, and the Boss-style side exhaust kit.

Definitely a sickness lol
Old 7/11/13, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Welcome aboard! Yes, there is no way around it, I swore mine would stay stock .. failed.
Old 7/12/13, 08:24 AM

upgrades

Great minds think alike! I was thinking about doing Steeda lower springs, panhard bar, lower and upper control arms first. I'll probably do the Revan 13-6 kit after that.

Which one is your favorite mod so far?

Originally Posted by twawsico
Welcome aboard! I've got the same color combo on my '13.

Haha... welcome to the sickness. I swapped to Shelby CS1 wheels (20x9 fronts, 20x11 rears) a while back, along with the FRPP Sport axle-backs. I've also got an MGW shifter, BMR upper & lower control arms, 13-6 kit from RevanRacing (FRPP Cobra Jet 65mm dual TB, JLT CAI and Lund tune) on the agenda, and the Boss-style side exhaust kit.

Definitely a sickness lol
Old 7/12/13, 09:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
welcome to TMS.. share ur pics when u have the car delievered.
Old 7/15/13, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Welcome to TMS,
Hope your wait is not too long.
Old 7/16/13, 12:55 PM

I hope not! The dealer told me that it should be built in August for September delivery. I'm hoping to see the VIN and built schedule in the coming weeks. This wait is driving me crazy, leaving me too much time to look at upgrades!
Old 8/2/13, 10:20 AM

Got my VIN today!! Build week is 8/19. I'm so excited!
Old 8/3/13, 01:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats, I know you are excited!
Old 8/4/13, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats! im in hope for a VIN this week.
Old 8/29/13, 01:32 PM

Just called SVT, car is on the way, should arrive at the dealer between 9/7-9/13. I already got the following mods ordered: Jaeger Bro front splash guard, Bob's ultimate oil separator, Redline hoodlift. I can't wait!
Old 8/29/13, 10:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Just called SVT, car is on the way, should arrive at the dealer between 9/7-9/13. I already got the following mods ordered: Jaeger Bro front splash guard, Bob's ultimate oil separator, Redline hoodlift. I can't wait!
WooHoo!

Congrats! My husband ordered splash guard for our car also. They were for a truck but they work awesome on the car all around. We removed the factory guard. This way the guards are the width of the tires to help with stone deflection....because those slicks pick up . every. little. stone......
Old 9/9/13, 02:00 PM

Ugh! My dealer checked on the shipping status and it's been delay due to rail car getting stuck somewhere in MO. It's going be another week...the longest **** week ever!!
Old 9/9/13, 06:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ugh! My dealer checked on the shipping status and it's been delay due to rail car getting stuck somewhere in MO. It's going be another week...the longest **** week ever!!
Wow what luck
Old 9/10/13, 11:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Long wait, but the GT500 is worth waiting for. Pictures do not do the car justice. To see it in person is a wonderful experience.
Old 9/18/13, 11:13 AM

Dealer let me know that the car is on convoy on the way to dealer, I am hoping I can pick it up tonight!
Old 9/18/13, 02:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Dealer let me know that the car is on convoy on the way to dealer, I am hoping I can pick it up tonight!
Post pics when u get it delivered.
Old 9/19/13, 01:36 PM

Picked up the car last night, experience with the delivery and dealer was perfect. Received the car with 7 miles on the odo. I took it out to drive for 5 consecutive miles to unlock the supercharger boost, and boy, I just couldn't believe the power once full boost is available.

It took me a while to get used to the clutch, the engagement point is really high up, very different from other manuals I've driven. I didn't stall it though. I am impressed with the interior quality and the Recaro seats are absolutely a must have! I am also very happy with the glass roof, it really kicks it up a notch. It's easy to break this puppy loose and I haven't even pushed it at all. I can't wait to get over the break in period and do a WOT pull!

I took the car as is coming off the convoy and I will detail it this weekend and post pics as soon as I have time. Good luck to all others waiting for theirs, it is definitely worth the wait!
Old 9/20/13, 05:58 PM
V6 Member

Picked up the car last night, experience with the delivery and dealer was perfect. Received the car with 7 miles on the odo. I took it out to drive for 5 consecutive miles to unlock the supercharger boost, and boy, I just couldn't believe the power once full boost is available. It took me a while to get used to the clutch, the engagement point is really high up, very different from other manuals I've driven. I didn't stall it though. I am impressed with the interior quality and the Recaro seats are absolutely a must have! I am also very happy with the glass roof, it really kicks it up a notch. It's easy to break this puppy loose and I haven't even pushed it at all. I can't wait to get over the break in period and do a WOT pull! I took the car as is coming off the convoy and I will detail it this weekend and post pics as soon as I have time. Good luck to all others waiting for theirs, it is definitely worth the wait!
I was where you are now last year on 9/11. The thrill of driving the beast home was the biggest high! And all the looks from other drivers - oh yeah - one year on and it's still a high. Every time I drive it somewhere, I get compliments. The pride of owning a Shelby never wanes. And making it your "own" is what it's all about.

Welcome to the club!

Here's my ride. I added Shelby's gold "Supersnake" style stripes and that was the best "making it my own" decision I ever made - it gets LOTS of compliments and car show awards. I also swapped the OEM axle-backs for Borla ATAKs which sound great. The performance mods will come closer to warranty expiration date and in the meantime, I am building up a big wish list!

New member, order placed!-image-2210290914.jpg
Old 9/20/13, 06:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by SoScary
I was where you are now last year on 9/11. The thrill of driving the beast home was the biggest high! And all the looks from other drivers - oh yeah - one year on and it's still a high. Every time I drive it somewhere, I get compliments. The pride of owning a Shelby never wanes. And making it your "own" is what it's all about. Welcome to the club! Here's my ride. I added Shelby's gold "Supersnake" style stripes and that was the best "making it my own" decision I ever made - it gets LOTS of compliments and car show awards. I also swapped the OEM axle-backs for Borla ATAKs which sound great. The performance mods will come closer to warranty expiration date and in the meantime, I am building up a big wish list!
Sweeeet ride

Quick Reply: New member, order placed!