Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

My New Toy

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/15, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My New Toy

Hi Everyone

I just got a new toy, 2011 Kona Blue Shelby GT 500 with 29000 km. It has always been my dream to own a Shelby GT 500.

I am having two issues with it.

1) My iPhone 6 and sync are not working properly. The only thing that is not working is the txt messaging. Yes i have reset both my phone and my sync as per the instruction that I found one the forum. One thing that i have noticed is that i don't have the option to turn on the notifications under the sync menu. Yes my phone is up to date. I don't know how to check this or even update it.

2) I am having same 1st to 2nd gear grind and sometimes not able to even shift in to 2nd. RPM or engine temperature as no affect. I have looked for the tsb on this issue but haven't been able to find it. Any help with this would be appreciated. Yes my car it still under factory warranty until 12 july 2015.

I live in British Columbia, Canada if this helps.

My new toy after a complete detail
Attached Thumbnails My New Toy-2011-kona-blue-shelby-gt-500.jpg  

Last edited by Yellow Mustang Man; 2/22/15 at 07:33 PM.
Old 2/22/15, 09:26 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I can't get my iPhone texting working with SYNC in my 2013 GT either.
Old 2/23/15, 09:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats on your new ride. hopefully experts in here will respond to your issues.
Old 2/23/15, 06:37 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Man
Hi Everyone

I just got a new toy, 2011 Kona Blue Shelby GT 500 with 29000 km. It has always been my dream to own a Shelby GT 500.

1) My iPhone 6 and sync are not working properly. The only thing that is not working is the txt messaging. Yes i have reset both my phone and my sync as per the instruction that I found one the forum. One thing that i have noticed is that i don't have the option to turn on the notifications under the sync menu. Yes my phone is up to date. I don't know how to check this or even update it.
2) I am having same 1st to 2nd gear grind and sometimes not able to even shift in to 2nd. RPM or engine temperature as no affect. I have looked for the tsb on this issue but haven't been able to find it. Any help with this would be appreciated. Yes my car it still under factory warranty until 12 july 2015.

The car looks awesome! Congratulations, Yellow Mustang Man. Have you already checked to make sure you’re running the latest SYNC software version available for this VIN? If not, log in at: www.Support.Ford.com to check.

Since I only handle the SYNC stuff, I suggest reaching out to FordService to see if they have any helpful information on your second concern. Follow this link to send them a PM: https://themustangsource.com/forums/...newpm&u=111098

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I can't get my iPhone texting working with SYNC in my 2013 GT either.
Hey SpectreH,

When you follow these steps, do you see the SHOW NOTIFICATIONS option on your iPhone? Which iPhone are you connecting and which iOS is it running?

Kim
Old 2/23/15, 06:47 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Kim, it's an iPhone 5S with iOS 8.1.3.
Old 2/24/15, 09:33 AM

Hi Kim

I have created an account. It says that my sync is up to date with Gen1 - V3.1. Last update was on 09 jun 2010.
Old 2/25/15, 07:57 AM
CURRENTLY NOT ACTIVE ON THIS SITE DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Hi Everyone

Hey Yellow Mustang Man,

Your Shelby is gorgeous! Congrats on making your dream a reality; you've reaped the fruits of your hard work and persistence!

My name is Nikki. I'm the Ford Canada customer service rep here. Regarding the grinding between 1st and 2nd, has your dealer provided a diagnosis? Send me a private message with your full name, phone number, VIN, and preferred dealer; I'll get this in motion.

Nikki
Ford Service CA
Old 2/25/15, 12:16 PM

Thanks Nikki

PM just sent. Once again thanks for the help.
Old 2/25/15, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreH
Kim, it's an iPhone 5S with iOS 8.1.3.
Hi Kim

I have created an account. It says that my sync is up to date with Gen1 - V3.1. Last update was on 09 jun 2010.
Can both of you please send over your VIN in a PM? I'd like to look into this further.

Kim
Old 2/25/15, 02:42 PM

PM sent. Thanks for your help Kim
Old 2/26/15, 02:17 PM

PM sent. Thanks for your help Kim
You're welcome. I'll check it out now. Thanks!

Kim
Old 2/28/15, 11:32 AM

Sweet street machine!
Hope to have one by the end of 2015!
Old 2/28/15, 12:15 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
hey congrats on the beauty. I was eyeing one up exactly like that but it vanished. maybe that was the one

Are you in the lower mainland? if so let's get together and have a blue and white mustang ride.

that almost looks like the car wash in Mission.
Old 3/1/15, 11:51 AM

Hi DarrenGT

It could be the one you were looking at. Yes i live in the lower mainland and you are right that it is the car wash in mission. I live in mission. I was just think if we could get a few mustangs to meet up in the Canadian Tire parking lot every Wednesday night through out the summer months for a show and shine. I would love to go for a cruise.
Old 3/1/15, 11:53 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Hi DarrenGT

It could be the one you were looking at. Yes i live in the lower mainland and you are right that it is the car wash in mission. I live in mission. I was just think if we could get a few mustangs to meet up in the Canadian Tire parking lot every Wednesday night through out the summer months for a show and shine. I would love to go for a cruise.

A wednesday night mustang meet at CT would be cool. There's a classic car show on friday nights in the summer that some of us go to at A&W, but it's mostly older classics.
Old 3/1/15, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!! Pretty Snake.

Mike
Old 3/1/15, 01:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome ride bro, any plans to mod that bad boy? Those internals can hang with some serious boost!
Old 3/1/15, 02:31 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Welcome and best wishes. Hope they get your problems taken care of. Awesome car, one of my favorites! Great color and wheel combo!

Post more pics!
Old 3/2/15, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi DarrenGT

Count me in!!
Old 3/4/15, 09:18 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

awesome. that parking lot will look and sound amazing

Quick Reply: My New Toy