Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Honest answer please.

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/12, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang

the one where people go to "the track" and not fudge numbers and bench race.
That one must be in your imagination little boy. Oh and there's only one track on this imaginary planet of yours? LOL

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 10/30/12 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10/30/12, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra

The man with the slower car.
Of coarse if my car was slow like the boss It would handle better around turns ... That's not rocket science, I don't track my car nor plan too.. I point and shoot
Old 10/30/12, 03:33 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Gt500Vista

Of coarse if my car was slow like the boss It would handle better around turns ... That's not rocket science, I don't track my car nor plan too.. I point and shoot
We have a member here cracking into the 11's with a basically stock Boss. I'm not saying that new 5.8L is not a BMF'er but that 5.0 roadrunner with a blower **WILL** bust that *** pointing and shooting also.

So it boils down to what styling and ride you like more. I personally think they are both too gaudy for my taste. One is just overdone. And one is just, as Joe would say, CLOWNY.
Old 10/30/12, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

We have a member here cracking into the 11's with a basically stock Boss. I'm not saying that new 5.8L is not a BMF'er but that 5.0 roadrunner with a blower **WILL** bust that *** pointing and shooting also.

So it boils down to what styling and ride you like more. I personally think they are both too gaudy for my taste. One is just overdone. And one is just, as Joe would say, CLOWNY.
I say that with love. lol
Old 10/30/12, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supercharge the Boss and have the best of both worlds!
Old 10/30/12, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by t-fatty
A fast clowny car!! LOL
Old 10/30/12, 06:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by t-fatty
Mod the 500 suspension and have the best of both worlds heh?
Old 10/30/12, 06:08 PM
Cobra Member

Youll drive either car on normal roads and highways a million times more than you would road race or 1/4 mile track it so its all what you like and as far as 11s goes... Thats easily reachable with the shelbys
Old 10/30/12, 09:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
It sounds like he's keeping the Boss either way, and thinking about adding the 500 to his collection. He's wondering if it would be different enough to warrant buying.

I'd say this, the GT500 will make a better cruising car, with the nicer amenities, but the Boss might be more fun to drive hard. If you can afford both, I don't see you being unhappy about it. That way you'd put less miles on both cars too!
Exactly right.... I would plan to keep them both, but I want them to be different enough that I would like to drive both of them for different reasons.
I don't want them to be similar and one be better than the other so I wind up driving just one..... I know I should be able to to drive both, but I know me and I would keep driving the one I preferred.

I was hoping someone could explain the differences I would experience driving the GT500 against the BOSS...Yes the Boss is a better track car, and the GT faster in a straight line, but other than that from a driving experience....what is there?
Old 10/30/12, 09:12 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Gods honest truth here...

I could go either way. If you really do track the car stick with the Boss. If you don't them go with the Shelby all the way!
Old 10/30/12, 09:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Different exhaust notes. The 500 has the older modular V8 with a different firing order so it sounds like the more older muscle car sound. Your Boss has a more higher strung exhaust note. You may find the TR6060 more enjoyable to shift. The clutch in the 500 is supposed to be stiffer. Reverse is in a different location. The 500 is heavier and you'll notice that in day to day use, but the extra power (down low) might make you smile. I think it all depends on where and how you drive. If I had the money I could absolutely justify both cars. I'm also single lol, so I'd do whatever I wanted with my money. In my mind I know exactly where and how I'd drive a Boss in my area, and I know where I'd take a GT500...
Old 10/31/12, 01:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GT500 is the better street car. The Boss a better race track car.
Old 10/31/12, 01:48 PM
V6 Member

Well thanks for your thoughts and comments gentlemen.

I don't really track the cars, just enjoy driving them. I am picking up that in perfect conditions the Boss for the track and the GT500 for straight line speed.
With that said I have seen people with the fastest cars in the world not be able to drive faster than the average VW beetle on the road and some people on the track that couldn't drive if their lives depended on it, so I guess it’s the driver not the car sometimes.

I have to say I have not missed the creature comforts of digital displays or buttons over manual dials mainly because the Boss is so captivating to drive, I do have a different exhaust and upgraded suspension etc, but I only notice the extra's in a more loaded car when I am not driving and think about what I might be missing....When I am driving I just don't notice.... With that said I think I am going to go ahead and purchase as I guess I can always sell if really don't get that much from it. There is something about the look of a GT500 that makes it stand out.... If you took the badges off you would still know it was a GT500 from the aggressive stance it seem to have over other Mustangs.

Once I have it and have driven it for a while I will report back and share my thoughts for what they are worth...... Once again, thanks.....
Old 10/31/12, 01:53 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and then sell them both and buy a Ford GT

Old 10/31/12, 01:56 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Well I am truly envious of a man that car swing $100k worth of mustangs. That's pretty close to Ford GT territory though. I definitely appreciate your passion for mustangs sir.
Old 10/31/12, 03:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by ainterne
Well thanks for your thoughts and comments gentlemen.

I don't really track the cars, just enjoy driving them. I am picking up that in perfect conditions the Boss for the track and the GT500 for straight line speed.
With that said I have seen people with the fastest cars in the world not be able to drive faster than the average VW beetle on the road and some people on the track that couldn't drive if their lives depended on it, so I guess it's the driver not the car sometimes.

I have to say I have not missed the creature comforts of digital displays or buttons over manual dials mainly because the Boss is so captivating to drive, I do have a different exhaust and upgraded suspension etc, but I only notice the extra's in a more loaded car when I am not driving and think about what I might be missing....When I am driving I just don't notice.... With that said I think I am going to go ahead and purchase as I guess I can always sell if really don't get that much from it. There is something about the look of a GT500 that makes it stand out.... If you took the badges off you would still know it was a GT500 from the aggressive stance it seem to have over other Mustangs.

Once I have it and have driven it for a while I will report back and share my thoughts for what they are worth...... Once again, thanks.....
Good. Like mentioned above, if you can swing it, I don't see you being unhappy with having to make that choice every morning! One makes it's instant power down low, and one likes to be revved. If you do exhaust and suspension on the 500, I think you'll be very happy to have such a difficult choice on which one to drive each day!
Old 11/2/12, 01:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
$$ doesn't seem to be an issue, so go ahead and get the Shelby. if you decide you don't like it, sell it.
Old 11/4/12, 08:28 AM
GT Member

Had a boss and traded it for a Shelby. Modded the suspension and could not be happier. Boss was a blast to drive but was very raw in my opinion. Shelby is way more comfortable and has more creature comforts.

Would be nice if I could have kept both.
Old 11/8/12, 03:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Afdharley
Had a boss and traded it for a Shelby. Modded the suspension and could not be happier. Boss was a blast to drive but was very raw in my opinion. Shelby is way more comfortable and has more creature comforts.

Would be nice if I could have kept both.
Same here, except I haven't done any mods yet.
Old 11/13/12, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Supercharge the Boss!

WAAAAAAYYYY more rare (overall build numbers)
7500 + rpms plus blower = sick
suspension already done
name a gt500 (2012 or older)with a blower, injectors, and exhaust that makes WELL OVER 800 RWHP
I had a Kenne Bell 2.8LC blown Boss and it drove totally stock with exception to the start up exhaust (crazy loud) as long as you only drove at like 1/6 throttle or less. Then it was linear hell raising thrust that spun the tires at will in 3rd(!!!) gear at 75mph on the highway if you matted it!

65-130+ in less than 6 seconds! It was unreal...I cannot wait until I can buy another 12 Comp Orange Boss and do the same thing except do a centri so I can rev to 8200 and keep the factory intake manifold.

But my kid wanted to race quads so Daddy sold his toy...

LOL and now I need a motor for his race quad. How ironic!

Quick Reply: Honest answer please.