'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

GT500 featured in Top Gear UK - s19e03

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/13, 01:38 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Bitter? Why? I have a '13 Shelby SVTTP in my garage with 305mm of Nitto drag radial rubber on textured matte-black Forgestar F14's in back and another 275 up front. I routinely get compliments and honks of praise from fellow drivers, many of whom are not sitting in Mustangs. I've had three SAPD officers pull me over just so they can ask about the car and look under the hood. I smile every time I get in it, 5.5 months after I drove it home for the first time. What reason would I have, then, to be bitter?

I'm not mad either, but persistent stupidity and ignorance does tend to wear my patience a little thin. I'd be willing to bet that is the case for most intelligent individuals. Comparing a European luxury sedan/coupe to the Mustang without properly qualifying the comparison is, without question, rank ignorance or selective stupidity. I believe my irritation at my fellow Mustang owners for perpetuating such behavior is well warranted.
Eurotrash lovers feel the need to psychoanalyze anyone that defends American muscle cars, deep down they know what you're saying is true, but their devotion to anything outside of America drives them to question it with derision in order to keep up the facade of superiority.
Old 2/17/13, 01:58 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I don't buy a car based upon what people think.

I say **** them and the horse they rode in on.
Old 2/17/13, 04:18 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger

Bitter? Why? I have a '13 Shelby SVTTP in my garage with 305mm of Nitto drag radial rubber on textured matte-black Forgestar F14's in back and another 275 up front. I routinely get compliments and honks of praise from fellow drivers, many of whom are not sitting in Mustangs. I've had three SAPD officers pull me over just so they can ask about the car and look under the hood. I smile every time I get in it, 5.5 months after I drove it home for the first time. What reason would I have, then, to be bitter?

I'm not mad either, but persistent stupidity and ignorance does tend to wear my patience a little thin. I'd be willing to bet that is the case for most intelligent individuals. Comparing a European luxury sedan/coupe to the Mustang without properly qualifying the comparison is, without question, rank ignorance or selective stupidity. I believe my irritation at my fellow Mustang owners for perpetuating such behavior is well warranted.
I just find it odd to defend a car on a 'home turf' forum in a manner that questions people for comparing different types of cars (even if said comparisons aren't "qualified.") But with your explanation above I see/read why your irritation led you to do as such.
Old 2/17/13, 04:23 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Eurotrash lovers feel the need to psychoanalyze anyone that defends American muscle cars, deep down they know what you're saying is true, but their devotion to anything outside of America drives them to question it with derision in order to keep up the facade of superiority.
So . . . TMS is infested with 'Eurotrash Lovers' who have a facade of superiority?! Oh, the horror . . . .
Old 2/17/13, 04:30 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri

So . . . TMS is infested with 'Eurotrash Lovers' who have a facade of superiority?! Oh, the horror . . . .
Yeah they be all up in here and ****
Old 2/17/13, 04:34 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Yeah they be all up in here and ****
True dat . . . or so it would seem . . .
Old 2/17/13, 04:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome....
Old 2/23/13, 06:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Saw it. Loved it. Didn't expect anything good from Jermy tho. I think it's a conspiracy by the European Auto Union to make America's top car be the first to lose a race against public transport.

The most disappointing part was that they didn't turn over the keys to the Stig to go around the track. I'm sure that's just more conspiracy since it would probably wup most of those over-priced Euro-trash super cars!