'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Allocation confusion

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/12, 11:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
Farmboy, contact 05fordgt. He'll search out a dealer for you and hook you up, he's a good guy and can be trusted to help you get your car.
Already did. I have a voicemail in with him, so hopefully he'll call me shortly.
Old 5/5/12, 05:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by speedrx
I don't see a difference, if Ford is limiting allocations, they are potentially turning down business. If someone walks into a dealership with cash and the dealer said they can't sell them a car, that is not a good situation for Ford or the dealer.
Limited runs for automobiles is hardly new. It's a practice that was begun initially to gauge interest, it was necessary in some cases because of limited resources, and the limited production has always meant at least some level of exclusivity and, as a result, higher value both at the sale and in years to come. They're not focuses. If they can build these in the same numbers as every other car, at a lower price, who's going to buy a GT? No one. You'd see the GT500s all over the place and you'd see V6's. There wouldn't be a market for anything in between. It's a car built and designed for the enthusiast who wants their mustang to be the top of the line.
Old 5/7/12, 08:02 AM

I think you will find GT500's under MSRP if you can wait 6 months.

I've been researching this on various forums/sites, and here is my conclusion about the GT500 "allocation" issue:

1) Ford has stated that this 2013 GT500 will not be a limited production run, and they want to build as many as people will buy.
2) I think they are truely by "allocation" right now, in the beginning of the run. Expect to pay MSRP or MSRP+ADM if you need a 2013 GT500 this year.
3) I think in about 6 months, around 2013, either dealers will get significantly more allocations, or Ford will open the floodgates and allow any dealer to order GT500's. If you wait until 2013, I think you'll have no problem finding GT500's under MSRP.
4) I also think there is a possibilty of A/Z/X Plan pricing next year

Here are some links that helped form my opinions:
* http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...r-mark-up.html
* http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ng-2013-a.html

I know anyone can say anything on a forum, but based on the fact that a Ford executive actually announced that the GT500 won't be production limited, I think these are reasonable conclusions.
Old 5/7/12, 08:10 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by krnpimpsta

I've been researching this on various forums/sites, and here is my conclusion about the GT500 "allocation" issue:

1) Ford has stated that this 2013 GT500 will not be a limited production run, and they want to build as many as people will buy.
2) I think they are truely by "allocation" right now, in the beginning of the run. Expect to pay MSRP or MSRP+ADM if you need a 2013 GT500 this year.
3) I think in about 6 months, around 2013, either dealers will get significantly more allocations, or Ford will open the floodgates and allow any dealer to order GT500's. If you wait until 2013, I think you'll have no problem finding GT500's under MSRP.

I know anyone can say anything on a forum, but based on the fact that a Ford executive actually announced that the GT500 won't be production limited, I think these are reasonable conclusions.
Can you show me where Ford is quoted in saying that the 500 isn't a limited run?
Old 5/7/12, 08:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell you that if you are saying to order one in 6 months, you'll get one under MSRP, you'd be wrong. Here's why. The 2013 model year is going to be rather short. At most, as short as the 2012 year, but maybe even shorter. I just checked a chart for all the models. Last day for orders to be in to the factory for GT500s is November 29th. These cars will be limited. I'm not saying like Boss 302s, but don't expect to see 15,000 of these things. And I severly doubt you'll see A/X/Z-Plan pricing on these at all for the 2013 model year. They only put it on the 2012s because there are so many of them sitting still on dealer lots. I don't think the 2013s will be sitting much at all.
Old 5/7/12, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Can you show me where Ford is quoted in saying that the 500 isn't a limited run?
Hmm, good question. All I have is the C&D article (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...pe-ride-review) and that forum post. I don't want to spread misinformation, so I just reached out to the C&D guy (Steve Cole Smith) and the SVTPerformance ex-Ford dealer who made the claim (Chris), for sources, I'll follow up...

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I can tell you that if you are saying to order one in 6 months, you'll get one under MSRP, you'd be wrong. Here's why. The 2013 model year is going to be rather short. At most, as short as the 2012 year, but maybe even shorter. I just checked a chart for all the models. Last day for orders to be in to the factory for GT500s is November 29th. These cars will be limited. I'm not saying like Boss 302s, but don't expect to see 15,000 of these things. And I severly doubt you'll see A/X/Z-Plan pricing on these at all for the 2013 model year. They only put it on the 2012s because there are so many of them sitting still on dealer lots. I don't think the 2013s will be sitting much at all.
Ah, I see. So then that would lead me to believe that either:
a) We will see a 2014 GT500 with the same bodystyle/engine and we'll have another chance to get a new GT500 next year
-or-
b) There will be no GT500's ordered in the year of 2013, because factory orders end in 2012, and no GT500's until 2015.

Do you imagine we'll have a 2014 model?
Old 5/7/12, 10:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hmm, good question. All I have is the C&D article (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...pe-ride-review) and that forum post. I don't want to spread misinformation, so I just reached out to the C&D guy (Steve Cole Smith) and the SVTPerformance ex-Ford dealer who made the claim (Chris), for sources, I'll follow up...

Ah, I see. So then that would lead me to believe that either:
a) We will see a 2014 GT500 with the same bodystyle/engine and we'll have another chance to get a new GT500 next year
-or-
b) There will be no GT500's ordered in the year of 2013, because factory orders end in 2012, and no GT500's until 2015.

Do you imagine we'll have a 2014 model?
There will definitely be a 2014 model, in the current 2013 body style. I'm not sure if you saw the one post about the letter every dealer got, about signing up for the Shelby program. Its for 2 model years, 2013 and 2014. The new refreshed body style is for this year (2013 MY and 2014 MY). The all new car, will be a 2015 MY but most likely will take advantage of being called a 2014 1/2 as its going on sale on April 17th 2014, exactly 50 years to the day the original car went on sale. Remember, those '64 1/2 cars were really '65s.

There will be a 2014 Shelby, but don't expect the 2014 model year to be very long at all. Maybe only 8-10 months max (per my guess). The next-gen Shelby won't probably appear at least until 2016 MY, at the earliest (they will give the all-new V6 and GT its time to have the light before its introduced the next year).

Last edited by 05fordgt; 5/7/12 at 10:58 AM.
Old 5/7/12, 11:20 AM

There will definitely be a 2014 model, in the current 2013 body style. I'm not sure if you saw the one post about the letter every dealer got, about signing up for the Shelby program. Its for 2 model years, 2013 and 2014. The new refreshed body style is for this year (2013 MY and 2014 MY). The all new car, will be a 2015 MY but most likely will take advantage of being called a 2014 1/2 as its going on sale on April 17th 2014, exactly 50 years to the day the original car went on sale. Remember, those '64 1/2 cars were really '65s.

There will be a 2014 Shelby, but don't expect the 2014 model year to be very long at all. Maybe only 8-10 months max (per my guess). The next-gen Shelby won't probably appear at least until 2016 MY, at the earliest (they will give the all-new V6 and GT its time to have the light before its introduced the next year).
I placed my order 4/03 and I have heard not a thing. How do I know my dealer is part of the Shelby SVT program? They ordered the car, not sure at this point if it'll ever show up if they never got on the program. Thanks for any help.
Old 5/7/12, 11:48 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The only reason I could think of for not announcing a production cap is that even when the did for the 2011 they didn't hit it. It's been around 5000 for 2011 and 2012.
Old 5/7/12, 12:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Zeroescence
I placed my order 4/03 and I have heard not a thing. How do I know my dealer is part of the Shelby SVT program? They ordered the car, not sure at this point if it'll ever show up if they never got on the program. Thanks for any help.
If they took your order, just going off of good faith, they should be a part of it. If they weren't, then they took your order without any goal of getting you a car. Most dealers signed up for it, so you should be safe. In regards to not having any movement on your order? You stated you ordered it April 3rd? You'll fine. These orders are all done by who got theirs in 1st, etc. I have 2 orders in. One put in the day prices went live (March 19th), the other in middle of April. The 1st one is scheduled, the 2nd, not yet. You should see movement on it within a month, my guesstitate
Old 5/7/12, 12:48 PM

If they took your order, just going off of good faith, they should be a part of it. If they weren't, then they took your order without any goal of getting you a car. Most dealers signed up for it, so you should be safe. In regards to not having any movement on your order? You stated you ordered it April 3rd? You'll fine. These orders are all done by who got theirs in 1st, etc. I have 2 orders in. One put in the day prices went live (March 19th), the other in middle of April. The 1st one is scheduled, the 2nd, not yet. You should see movement on it within a month, my guesstitate
Okay. Thanks for all your time.
Old 6/15/12, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I hate to drudge this back up, but I'm wondering if there is a way to find out if a dealer has allocation and if I got one with proof positive? I thinking I should have seen some movement by now, been about 6 weeks.
Old 6/18/12, 10:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Kabooka
I hate to drudge this back up, but I'm wondering if there is a way to find out if a dealer has allocation and if I got one with proof positive? I thinking I should have seen some movement by now, been about 6 weeks.
Hey Eric, I learned something last week. Give me a call and I'll explain
Old 6/18/12, 12:29 PM
GT Member

Hey Eric, I learned something last week. Give me a call and I'll explain
Can you post that here? I am still unscheduled and I ordered around May 10th. I am my dealer's first and only allocation.
Old 6/18/12, 02:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by farmboy90
Can you post that here? I am still unscheduled and I ordered around May 10th. I am my dealer's first and only allocation.
Hey bud, you listed you ordered May 10th. Going off of that, they take the orders as they come in, in order of receipt date. My 1st car was ordered March 19th. If you didn't order till May, your order is at the bottom of the 1st run of cars. It will get scheduled and here is how it works.

The way the allocation goes, per region from what I was told, is every dealer per region, will get one their one car before another dealer gets their second. For my region, they are scheduling between 15-20 GT500s per month. Again this is what I heard from the rep who handles the scheduling for all GT500s in my region.
Old 6/18/12, 02:56 PM
GT Member

Hey bud, you listed you ordered May 10th. Going off of that, they take the orders as they come in, in order of receipt date. My 1st car was ordered March 19th. If you didn't order till May, your order is at the bottom of the 1st run of cars. It will get scheduled and here is how it works.

The way the allocation goes, per region from what I was told, is every dealer per region, will get one their one car before another dealer gets their second. For my region, they are scheduling between 15-20 GT500s per month. Again this is what I heard from the rep who handles the scheduling for all GT500s in my region.
Thanks Jeff! Do you know what region my dealer is in? It was a dealership in Iowa. I am just trying to see if we can figure out when that region will get more cars.

By the way, I know another dealer (which I think is in the same region, although maybe they aren't the same region??) in Kansas City, MO, that already has their SECOND car scheduled for July. Does this align with what you were told?
Old 6/19/12, 07:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks Jeff! Do you know what region my dealer is in? It was a dealership in Iowa. I am just trying to see if we can figure out when that region will get more cars.

By the way, I know another dealer (which I think is in the same region, although maybe they aren't the same region??) in Kansas City, MO, that already has their SECOND car scheduled for July. Does this align with what you were told?
Hey bud, let me know thet name of the dealer you got it from and I can see what region they are in. As for the dealer getting their 2nd scheduled? It depends. If the region has already gone through its 1st allocation run and is starting on its second that that dealer is at the top, it lines up. some are still waiting VINs for the 1st run, then it is different. With big companies, nothing surprises me anymore.
Old 6/19/12, 09:54 AM
GT Member

Hey bud, let me know thet name of the dealer you got it from and I can see what region they are in. As for the dealer getting their 2nd scheduled? It depends. If the region has already gone through its 1st allocation run and is starting on its second that that dealer is at the top, it lines up. some are still waiting VINs for the 1st run, then it is different. With big companies, nothing surprises me anymore.
Thanks Jeff! Any ETA at all would help me. I ordered from Boland Ford in Iowa.
Old 6/19/12, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Some dealers, not many have received 2nd and 3rd allocations. As far as I can gather, its also a matter who moves more cars gets theirs filled first and also those who have yet to submit orders get skipped....I think my car is number one at my dealership. I know a few guys over on svtp have stated their dealerships have received more than one already....its a very strange process indeed
Old 6/21/12, 10:09 AM
GT Member

Thanks Jeff! Any ETA at all would help me. I ordered from Boland Ford in Iowa.
Hey Jeff, just wondering if you were able to find anything out about the region I am in. I ordered from Boland Ford in Iowa.

Quick Reply: Allocation confusion