Brilliant Silver Brilliant Silver 2009 Mustangs

Hard to Find Matching Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/08, 09:46 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard to Find Matching Accessories

With my '09 Brilliant Silver on the way, I have started looking for matching accessories/mods. While I know it's a new color, it seems just about impossible to find parts in this color. I asked the maker of paint matched hood struts about Brilliant Silver and was told they are not currently made and that Brilliant Silver (BS? ) is more expensive than other paints. I emailed Midwest Auto Gear (MAG) about their paint matched parts and never received a reply. I am interested in several pieces, but I am particularly interested in the mirror covers. Conveniently, they no longer list a phone number to actually call and ask someone. Anyone have any experiences buying parts in Brilliant Silver? I know Brilliant Silver will be an option in 2010, but I don't expect a lot of mods to be interchangeable (without changing the '09 look). With companies gearing up for the 2010, will '09's be forgotten?
Old 12/1/08, 09:57 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I say go with the Agent 47 mirrors, and get them prepainted from Marcello at SHR. What kind of look or theme are you going with on the brilliant silver car? Did you go spoiler delete? Just curious what your plans are.
Old 12/3/08, 01:52 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've ordered a premium GT with the glass roof option, GT appearance package, GT spoiler, HID headlights, touch-screen navigation, charcoal interior, and remote start.

For exterior mods, I saw the pictures of a Brilliant Silver, glass roof GT from an auto show and I wanted to keep with that look. My mod choices are more about keeping with a factory look or things Ford should have done. Since I wasn't getting the shaker hood scoop, I decided the factory hood scoop was preferable to some of the aftermarket options. I was thinking of getting the MAG mirror covers, California Special side scoops, and maybe going with black 18" bullitt rims. I'd also like to paint the satellite antenna Brilliant Silver. I might upgrade the exhaust to the Supreme axle-backs. I'll probably top it off with some Jaeger Brothers splash guards since they are easily installed and removed.

Under the hood, I'm considering some of the MAG under-hood dress up items (custom plenum cover, radiator cover, and radiator cover extensions). I'd top it off with some billet caps.

On the interior, I've worked with someone on a custom dash plaque. I will also probably go with some custom floor mats from GGBaily. I currently have a set of their mats and I love the driver's heel guard. I already have a set of GT500 pedal covers and matching dead pedal. I also have a chrome shifter bezel. For the trunk, I have the fender-gripper trunk mat with the GT logo in silver. I was also thinking of going with a Grand Design Mat for the truk lid.

Now that I see everything I've described, that sounds like a lot. I'll probably pair that down a bit.

Last edited by BlueGT; 12/3/08 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12/3/08, 03:26 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
It all sounds good. I don't think it seems like that much, there's alot of areas to focus on. You've got exterior, interior, under hood, etc. At least you have a plan or a really good vision of what I want. I ended up with an unclear overall sheme, but I am lucky that I do still love it though. I think the MAG mirror covers would look good and I love the idea of the CS side scoops. Those make a huge difference on the car. I can't imagine mine without them. Best of luck Austin. And of course pics would be appreciated in the future.