07 shelby gt 500 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Shelby Mustangs 2006-2009 Shelbys

07 shelby gt 500

Old 9/19/12, 09:42 PM   #1
Cobra Member

07 shelby gt 500

Hello guys, ive been a member on this forum for awhile, but took a little break because i was stangless at the time! Im buying a 07 shelby gt500 in the morning and would like to get some input on some shelby owners out there! One question im trying to find is does the cobras have the my color dash lights?
sampey43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 9/20/12, 10:50 PM   #2
bob
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampey43 View Post
Hello guys, ive been a member on this forum for awhile, but took a little break because i was stangless at the time! Im buying a 07 shelby gt500 in the morning and would like to get some input on some shelby owners out there! One question im trying to find is does the cobras have the my color dash lights?
Cobras never came with MyColor - Shelby GT500s on the otherhand certainly did and were fitted with a Shelby only option that allows the gauges to display red (left) white (center) blue (right)
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9/21/12, 10:59 AM   #3
Cobra Member

Thanks for the info, i have a bad habit of calling the gt500 cobras, and not being exact with my details! I picked up my 500 yesterday and enjoy it! I will post pics soon! Ive had a problem with the clutch making a hissing noise tho and it concerns me! I started a thread about it so if anybody can help me with answers i would greatly appreciate it
Old 9/21/12, 12:00 PM   #4
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff

Is that red, white, blue thing true? Man how did I miss that for all these years?
tom281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9/21/12, 08:59 PM   #5
bob
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom281 View Post
Is that red, white, blue thing true? Man how did I miss that for all these years?
Incoming crappy pic....... the center guages are punk due to needles, Its been awhile since I set my guages up but I think you cycle through MyColor until it says RWB

Old 9/21/12, 09:05 PM   #6
bob
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampey43 View Post
Ive had a problem with the clutch making a hissing noise tho and it concerns me! I started a thread about it so if anybody can help me with answers i would greatly appreciate it
Hissing is normal for the stock clutch - if you want it to live a relatively long happy life be sure and depress the pedal completely and dont slip it, just get used to letting the clutch out and go (easy enough given the TQ & HP the car has)

Slipping the factory clutch has a pronounced effect on its life, moreso than a standard clutch in say the GT Mustang. Also if your hard headed like me and only slightly depress the clutch as your driving it tends to wear the tranmission side disc faster.

And if you end up having to replace the clutch in short order, I highly reccomend the McLeod RXT, I've nothing but good things to say about this clutch and flywheel combo.
Old 9/21/12, 09:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Incoming crappy pic....... the center guages are punk due to needles, Its been awhile since I set my guages up but I think you cycle through MyColor until it says RWB

That is just... sweet
future9er24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9/22/12, 04:11 PM   #8
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob

Cool beans I never knew that, thanks.
tom281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9/26/12, 07:21 PM   #9
Cobra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob

Hissing is normal for the stock clutch - if you want it to live a relatively long happy life be sure and depress the pedal completely and dont slip it, just get used to letting the clutch out and go (easy enough given the TQ & HP the car has)

Slipping the factory clutch has a pronounced effect on its life, moreso than a standard clutch in say the GT Mustang. Also if your hard headed like me and only slightly depress the clutch as your driving it tends to wear the tranmission side disc faster.

And if you end up having to replace the clutch in short order, I highly reccomend the McLeod RXT, I've nothing but good things to say about this clutch and flywheel combo.
Thanks for the info bud, I'll definitely keep that in mind! And yes I love the red white and blue scheme colors in my car! This is without the best birthday present I've ever had!!
Old 9/19/17, 01:06 PM   #10

Gauges are much better to read at night , but for the most part suck during the daylight.
Hoping someone comes up with a Digital set sooooooooon !
1fst500 is offline   Reply With Quote